Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

We even made it to The Guardian!
What a wonderfully written article! You would enjoy that writing no matter what subject it was on.
Loved this bit, the most apt description of someone I've ever read - Heeney looks like he was made in a footballing lab.

11-1 and TWO games clear on top of the ladder - the
SydneySwans are flying!
Coach John Longmire will be part of #afl360 Coaches' Night tonight.
LIVE from from 6.30pm (AEST)

LOL - Pridham comments quoted by Fox Footy. "There's no advantage. Lions have had two byes and they're outside the 8. You want to talk advantage talk about Magpies will have their 7 games at the G."

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

LOL - Pridham comments quoted by Fox Footy. "There's no advantage. Lions have had two byes and they're outside the 8. You want to talk advantage talk about Magpies will have their 7 games at the G."

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

And that's a perfectly valid counter. A much better one than "Yeah well teams not playing Opening Round have their Bye then!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there's no statistical basis to the idea that teams are better or worse either side of a bye. It really does go both ways about equally.

There's some basis to arguments about overall fatigue levels, but that varies a lot of other ways, especially in the relative break length between two games for specific teams playing each other.

We had our really compressed period across the 5 rounds just before the bye, the sort of crunch which not all teams have had to deal with, especially those who weren't playing Thursdays.

Last edited:
We love you too Horse!!

I reckon he's referring to the "Ssyyyyydney" chant that we usually only start up once the game is iced, but started in the third this week. Was a bit early but was great to hear!

Yeah there's no statistical basis to the idea that teams are better or worse either side of a bye. It really does go both ways about equally.

There's some basis to arguments about overall fatigue levels, but that varies a lot of other ways, especially in the relative break length between two games for specific teams playing each other.

We had our really compressed period across the 5 rounds just before the bye, the sort of crunch which not all teams have had to deal with, especially those who weren't playing Thursdays.
The flip side is we will be more worn out come finals than any other team. You don't win premierships in June

I reckon he's referring to the "Ssyyyyydney" chant that we usually only start up once the game is iced, but started in the third this week. Was a bit early but was great to hear!
And also when we kicked a few quickly in the 2nd quarter. Crowd got up and about right quick.

It really sucks that it’s turned into a “once the game is iced” thing. Used to be when we got a bit of a run on, particularly if we were pegging back a lead. Genuinely electric when it gets going, in a way most Australian sport atmosphere never touches.

I think the loud music after every goal doesn’t help.

It was between 7 and 7 30 probably Sportsday , thanks for that
Scroll down to section with Hodge
Scattered Swans chatter throughout.
I might be on my own here, but I like listening to Hodge. Reckon he has good insights and doesn't come across with an agenda, mores just tells it like it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back