PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
Hawks in tassie. ins and outs.

Saw matera on the bench with an ice pack. the commentators mentioning that it "could" be a groin injury.
hopefully its nothing serious as he is is valuable to us.

does anyone think hall will come back into the side after being dropped?
or, provided matera is fit do we go on unchanged?

ONLY because Fish MAY be out would I consider HALL as a possible inclusion....if not, Jack virtually signed Aaron's death warrant!
Still think Lonergan is a smokie for his hardness and bigger body (not to mention a home game for the Taswegian), at Secco's expense....

Still cockahoop right now, so like Sunny.....MONDAY!

Stanley looks cooked, but is such a valuable plug in various positions they may not be willing to give him a weeks rest.

Fingers crossed for Matera and his groin... Noticed Smith had 2 eskies worth of ice on his shin, hopefully just soreness.

Day's confidence is shot, but is valuable for our structure. Hopefully they persist with him, would only take a few early touches/goals and the kid will be back.

Really want Lonergan back in the team, especially for next week in Tassie. Be great for the kid to play in front of his native Taswegians.

Last edited:
Stanley looks cooked, but is such a valuable plug in various positions they may not be willing to give him a weeks rest.

Fingers crossed for Matera and his groin... Noticed Smith had 2 eskies worth of ice on his shin, hopefully just soreness.

Day's confidence is shot, but is valuable for our structure. Hopefully they persist with him, would only take so few early touches/goals and the kid will be back.

Really want Lonergan back in the team, especially for next week in Tassie. Be great for the kid to play in front of his native Taswegians.

Day pretty much our only passenger today. Definitely going to back him in to find form for structure. He could just run around and flail his arms pretty much but he took a defender.

Day pretty much our only passenger today. Definitely going to back him in to find form for structure. He could just run around and flail his arms pretty much but he took a defender.
Agree with this, no other healthy versatile big man on the list. Day is definitely currently best 22.

Agree with this, no other healthy versatile big man on the list. Day is definitely currently best 22.

There is also the matter of him regaining confidence at any moment. Such a confidence player and if he does he will tear defenders apart again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam competes and prevents 3rd man up against Lynch / Charlie. His work in the goal square kept the ball alive in the 2nd which allowed it to fall to Jaeger. Charlie also found space leading into a hole in the 3rd for a crucial goal when Day took his opponent away from the hole.
Sam will be ok. Doing the team things and I'm not counting his possessions to judge his worth to us. If he does need a rest, hopefully Dan Gorringe isn't far away.

Launceston Weather Forecast for Saturday 26/06/2014
Top of 11 degrees
Low of 1 degree
Icy cold rain excepted
Antarctic winds

Day will be ok. Like Sons of Anarchy said he is there for a reason and we cannot count the possessions on all players every week. He is playing an important role like Stanley who was a defensive forward this week and whilst did not get many poss. Halted Mackie completely. They are true team players and I sometimes wish a couple of the others played a more team orientated style of game. Hopefully that will come but I do believe the pressure to stay in the team makes some a tad bit selfish.

Have to stick with Day for structures sake. Will take a couple of goals or big grabs, and he will come back to form. Luckily for us we have Dixon and Lynchy picking up the slack. If Matera is sore, Hall to come in over him. Kade could probably do with a week off, Lemmens can come in for him.

Cold arctic winds? Sounds like a summers day in Tasmania.

Have to stick with Day for structures sake. Will take a couple of goals or big grabs, and he will come back to form. Luckily for us we have Dixon and Lynchy picking up the slack. If Matera is sore, Hall to come in over him. Kade could probably do with a week off, Lemmens can come in for him.

Cold arctic winds? Sounds like a summers day in Tasmania.
With the Hawks and Pies coming up, we need to field our best 22 possible, I would not be resting any player unless they are very sore.
I understand Days role in the forward line, but if hes gonna make it, he has to have the ability to contribute in attack, not just be a defensive forward. TO me , he looks short of confidence , just need some things to fall into place on game day to boost his confidence.
Also, a guy that must be close to promotion is Osborne... has been one of the best players in the ressies every week for some 6 or 7 weeks.

Day will be ok. Like Sons of Anarchy said he is there for a reason and we cannot count the possessions on all players every week. He is playing an important role like Stanley who was a defensive forward this week and whilst did not get many poss. Halted Mackie completely. They are true team players and I sometimes wish a couple of the others played a more team orientated style of game. Hopefully that will come but I do believe the pressure to stay in the team makes some a tad bit selfish.
Again criticising others except Danny. Could you please name the others who are selfish?

Matera a definite out I would have thought. I wouldn't travel him all the way down Perth and back. Just make sure he's right.

I would bring in Lonergan for him. Can play forward, middle and back if needed and he's fit. Lonergan can apply some magnificent defensive pressure with Stanley in the forward 50 too. Also adds another mid rotation, leaving Jaeger or Swallow to spend some more time forward.

Matera a definite out I would have thought. I wouldn't travel him all the way down Perth and back. Just make sure he's right.

True. It's a shame the AFL wont let us play somewhere closer like Tassie :p

But I agree - Lonners if fully fit to go for a full game should be the inclusion.

Lewie Herbert a smokey too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back