Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to hear from Dew that another key forward would be important to us from list needs perspective.

Levi won't go around again I wouldn't think and Mabior isn't looking too good right now.

Obviously the long term plan is Jed Walter and Ben King but we kind of need someone to play so that Jed can develop.

I'd think maybe a good small forward and another tall defender so Charlie can play loose in defence would be higher priority.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting to hear from Dew that another key forward would be important to us from list needs perspective.

I dare say that's just recognition of Casboult's age and potentially foreshadowing Walter's imminent inclusion to our list. The REALLY good teams of the modern era tend to have two superstar forwards like Geelong with Cameron + Hawkins, Richmond with Lynch + Riewoldt and Hawthorn with Franklin + Roughead. We've got King with those superstar qualities but I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would describe Chol as a potential superstar. Lukosius possibly fits the bill but I'm still not 100% sure his future lies exclusively inside the forward line. King, Luko and Walter sounds good to me though!

Also, Dew seems to suggest in that interview that the earliest Touk will return is round 18.

It's obvious that they always want one big forward who can crash a pack and support King in that way plus help out in ruck. If chol isn't up to it who else is it? At the moment it's casboult and even day but with this looking like the last year for those two we may need a player who can fill that need for a year or two while guys like Read, Andrew, Moyle and Walter develop. Dixon is probably the perfect type but don't reckon he leaves Port now.

Why are we so quick to retire players in this forum…?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah i don't like it, players just don't magicially die after turning 30.

My thoughts are to give the kids a go but if blokes like Hollands & Sharp still can't get in the team thats on them.

Harry McKay? :p

I know Dew loves himself some beefy boys, but King, Chol, Casboult, Day, Burgess, Lukosius, McLaughlin (more of a third tall), with Walter on the cards doesn’t exactly scream pressing need when we have like 1 genuine outside mid on the list (Weller).
To be fair Dew mentioned other positions in his interview. For me it's more about Chol prospects. Dew did answer a question about Chol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, I ain't falling for that again. Will probably some random sponsorship deal or an announcement for Caleb Graham Appreciation Night

It came with Humphrey declaring emphatically that he wanted to prove that loyalty with a long-term deal, adamant the club’s future is with coach Stuart Dew.

It is yet another show of faith in the Suns’ direction and the club’s capacity to help with welfare given Humphrey’s own battle with homesickness.

Humphrey has been a public mental health advocate in the wake of best friend Riley Pearce’s suicide two years ago as he battles his own issues with depression and anxiety.

But as he told the Herald Sun on Friday morning a day after that deal was brokered by agent Michael Oakes, he couldn’t be happier on the Gold Coast.

“I just thought it was the perfect time. Half the reason I did it for so long was to show the boys I am actually in. I can see this club going forward and heading in the perfect direction. I want to be part of their first bit of success, hopefully finals football. To sign on long-term shows a bit more loyalty than two years,” he said.

“I had my own process with it and had a really good chat with my family and it was the right thing to do to sign on long-term. It gives me security and I love the club and the coach and players so I just thought it was the perfect thing to do.

“I went out to dinner with the lads the other night and sat at the table and thought, “These are my actual mates now, not just my footy friends. So I figured it out and went back to my room and the next morning rang my manager and they got it done.”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back