Stick cricket site ......

Remove this Banner Ad

I got the impression from this comment "Hopefully the sticks will be back better than ever for season 04/05." on the site that we would be waiting for 9 months or so for an update.

I expect better for what I have paid for :D

Originally posted by DaveW
Some of those npower high scores defy belief.

1 for 426 is the best. So they've got out off one ball and hit a 6 off all of the other 71 deliveries. :eek:

I wouldn't place too much creedence in the validity of online flash game high scores. There are desperate individuals that seem to derive self esteem from hacking the highs scores so they can appear at the top with an unbeatable record. Sad but true.

so what high scores do we have? i've scored 120 a few times, not sure of my best. i seem to hit a lot of ones to mid on, not sure why they don't go for four.

cann (stick) cricket is obviously far better, but the npower game has some good points.

the site is back and version 2.1 is out
now it has advertising! and the 12th man clips are gone. and the aussie player names are gone too :mad: that's a poor decision. the other two are ok, probably some copyright issues with the 12th man. but player names? give us back aussie names, even if we have to see damien martyn's name in the side. he plays better in stick cricket than international cricket, so he can keep his spot for now.

and i've had about enough of the hit wicket dismissals. it's funny the first few times, but honestly, it's annoying and adds nothing to the game.

i'll stick with version 2.0 until some positive changes are made.

EDIT: just had 4 hit wickets in the one over. seems like the down button sticks almost always when you are lucky enough to guess it's a bouncer. number one improvement: remove the hit wicket dismissal. if we must have the odd player getting hit, at least have them retire hurt.

Originally posted by red+black
the site is back and version 2.1 is out
now it has advertising! and the 12th man clips are gone. and the aussie player names are gone too :mad: that's a poor decision. the other two are ok, probably some copyright issues with the 12th man. but player names? give us back aussie names, even if we have to see damien martyn's name in the side. he plays better in stick cricket than international cricket, so he can keep his spot for now.

and i've had about enough of the hit wicket dismissals. it's funny the first few times, but honestly, it's annoying and adds nothing to the game.

i'll stick with version 2.0 until some positive changes are made.

EDIT: just had 4 hit wickets in the one over. seems like the down button sticks almost always when you are lucky enough to guess it's a bouncer. number one improvement: remove the hit wicket dismissal. if we must have the odd player getting hit, at least have them retire hurt.
Red&Black...sounds like poor shot selection to me! Hook the bouncers - an easy 6 runs most times the stick quick pitches them in short:D

Originally posted by red+black
so what high scores do we have? i've scored 120 a few times, not sure of my best. i seem to hit a lot of ones to mid on, not sure why they don't go for four.

cann (stick) cricket is obviously far better, but the npower game has some good points.

1/180 my best to date. Doubt I'll ever rack up the double ton.

Grrr:mad:

well i usually do spot them, try to duck, and he won't duck. if i hook, i just get splattered. maybe my timing is out. but i do cop an awful lot of hit wickets.

you guys tried the new version? a step backwards i reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you guys may be right about the bouncers. there's a password "bouncers" so i guess i can just practice them a bit more. but i reckon this is what happens with a bouncer depending on your reaction time:

early: 3 or 4 runs
perfect timing: 6 runs
late: caught at fine leg
very late: hit wicket

i was trying to duck every bouncer rather than hit it. looks like if i pick it up early, i shouldn't lose my wicket.

I for the life of me have not been able to beat india thus far.

I cannot play spin at all...and hit wicket annoys the hell of me.

dam 194 seems impossible at 20 an over.. :mad:

i'm up to pakistan, but i play the 10 and 20 over slog more than against the countries. my best for 10 overs is 221. if spin troubles you, enter the password "spin" and just practice knowing that every delivery is spin.

yeah thanks for that.

i am still playing the old version which i have on my desktop and i suppose pakistan is india in the newer version.

Its an awesome time killer this game.

Have been playing for awhile and just beat South Africa a few days ago. 2 for 215...

Anyway, here's my hint for the bouncers. Only use 2 keys when facing the fast guy. First 2 overs straight ahead and off. After his 2nd over if on the stumps or heading for your head do the hook/pull and outside off hit the off button. The bowler is too quick to juggle 4 keys...

Mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Stick cricket site ......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back