Resource St.Kilda FC Review: Rounds 1-4 - Please READ!

Remove this Banner Ad

why?

see thats what i mean. the saints and (probably start things ups ) and it lasts for 1 year, or one year and 2 months, and then it slinks away and hope that no supporter comments on it. wouldn't it be better if the club came out and said. digital ambassador worked well for the st year, however we are undertaking a review and this year it has been discontinued. or something like that.

why does it take you ( a supporter) to tell us what the club is or is not doing?
Yeah I see what you mean. The digital/online team was basically overhauled this year. Josh Gabelich came in as the football reporter as Tom Morris went to Fox Sports so in doing that the social media platforms have still been quite strong but not as "popular" as last year. I personally wish they continued it, it was a great experience.

Why not get an audio recording of the Old StKilda chant from Moorrabbin? Play it after we get a goal (with current footage) so the crowd follows along, it would really help...

Why not get an audio recording of the Old StKilda chant from Moorrabbin? Play it after we get a goal (with current footage) so the crowd follows along, it would really help...
Haha you are very lucky, I was just about to send the e-mail. I'll add it in now.

Slow day in the office and didn't get time to send it off to Matt last night but here is the e-mail so far.

I read through the entire thread and wrote down each of your suggestions. I had to cut and paste a few bits and pieces to put them into their correct topic area but it's all there.

If you have anymore suggestions or if you just want to send through any positive reviews then please do so, I'll be sending this at 5pm Vic time.

Thanks.

COMMUNITY
. Community engagement at schools. As an example if the club operates regular clinics for schools from Port Melbourne to Portsea, the hearts and minds of children can be 'trained' into supporting the club.

SOCIAL MEDIA
. Fans have noticed a drop off after the success of the club's Facebook and Twitter pages last year. Fans want to get more involved to help the club, and have voiced opinion about bringing back to 'Digital Ambassador' volunteer role.

. Injury list on the Saints website has not been updated in over 6 months. http://www.saints.com.au/team/injuries has not been updated since September 16, 2015.

. Posting more of the clubs video content on the STKFC YouTube page as well (extra exposure).

. There is no access to radio interviews (via audioboom) on either the mobile app or on m.saints.com.au - you have to go to the desktop site on your phone to listen to them.

. Return of something similar to 'Schneiderman' videos on website with players interviewing teammates.

. Updating player profile pictures on the club website. Currently the rookies faces have all been photoshopped onto a Saints players body and whilst it is hilarious it may need to finally be updated!

. A few links on the menu of the mobile website aren't working and haven't been for quite some time.

. There are also a few links and pages on the Saints website that are out of date;
1) New Zealand - http://www.saints.com.au/news/new-zealand
It hasn't been updated since 2013. As we are still trying to go back to NZ, surely the page must be relevant.

2) Upcoming Events - http://www.saints.com.au/news/events
There is nothing on there.

3) Sandringham Zebras tab.

4) No tabs or links about the return to Moorabbin.

5) All audio by players from every radio station should be on the audioboom page. Currently it is a hit and miss. Since the club controls the media of the players there should be an area that says who is going to be on and when both on FTA, FOXTEL and Radio and then once it's done, put it up on the audioboom page. This will create more awareness, more affinity to the club and its players, more clicks onto the website, etc.

. More exposure of the drawn out "Saints go Marching In" chant on social media to alert members of the new chant. All in all it has been a really positive change and everyone I have spoken to online and at the games are loving it and want it to really kick off. However there are some that want the 'Knock Knock' beginning to be removed and to just go straight into the chant. Also starting it earlier so it doesn't conclude as the siren sounds for the start of the game. Port Adelaide do this well with their pre-game routine. Possible videos up around the ground to alert fans. It would be great to send out an e-mail to members to advertise the chant.

. Saints fans are all really pleased with the way the social media platforms are being handled however a bit more 'inside access' would be something that people have voiced their opinions over. Maybe creating some video content or reports on things like 'A day in the life of': Marketing, CEO, President, Insider Videos on Board Meetings, Media, Communications, Assistant Coaches, Recruiting, VFL, Medicos. Obviously some of this information may be too much to give away to the public but we saw what happened with coaches box audio from our win against Melbourne last year. It was a massive success.

MOORABBIN
. In order to help the club raise funds for the development members could be given the opportunity to contribute from 2017 as an add on to membership fees by one off payments each year or via Saints Easy Pay. If 10% of our members (say of 40,000 members) contributed $200 per year over 4 years the club would take in $3.2 million. Rewards to participating members could be similar to the those recently announced about if we are able to sign up one or more new members, e.g. Tour of newly completed Moorabbin facilities, kick-to-kick and photo with favourite player. If ISC could be persuaded to come on board a special edition 'Return to Moorabbin' jumper signed by the Captain, Coach and the CEO etc could be issued to members who have contributed for 2 years (or more) at little or no cost to the club, whilst representing over $200 back to the member.

. Question about the Moorabbin Bowling Club. It is presently situated on a prime South Road frontage site. Is the club in negotiations to have the bowling club repositioned within the new complex to allow the development to be viewed freely from South Road. Surely achieving this would assist in marketing and advertising.

. I believe the vision for Moorabbin is to be a family friendly hub. Could this also be a hub for members when we play interstate games? Big screen, bar, food, social club facilities.

. There is a growing concern that the club are letting opportunities slip in regards to raising funds for the redevlopment of Moorabbin. Since the announcement there has been no mention of fundraising options for members and supporters. Is there reason for this? Will there be an option to help fundraise sometime this year or next?

MEMBERSHIP
. Membership option to upgrade/downgrade/cancel membership package instead of at end of season being automatically renewed. With most other automated renewals with regards to payments, you as the consumer have an option to cancel on your end without direct intervention. Yes it flags, and yes you may be asked for a "please explain" but you still have the option.

. Seems trivial but there are complaints about the Saints bumper sticker that was included in this and last years membership packages. This year we just got a sheet of stickers which aren't any good for use on cars. If the club are trying to save money, just give the junior members sticker sheets and the rest a bumper sticker. Those bumper stickers are a good tool for exposure and promotion too. They have worn off/disintegrated within a month of use.

GAMEDAY
. Possible Good Friday game against Melbourne with part proceeds going to the Sacred Heart Mission that the Saints are already partnering with.

. I believe our membership van closes near the end of the first quarter. We have our own merchandise shop inside Etihad Stadium. Would there be any benefits having a small membership sign there and even one sales person cross trained to complete a membership form or at least obtain contact info and pass onto the Membership Team. They may not complete many memshipships, but it couldn't do any harm.

. This may not be entirely possible, but pre-game, it would be really great if there were some members of the St Kilda fraternity (ex players, staff, development coaches or whomever) who may not be involved in the gameday activities come around to casually talk to people who are hanging out pre-game in these rooms. The social committee do a pretty good job of having some fun gameday activities to raise funds and have a bit of a laugh pre-game. I think it would be nice to hear from St Kilda fraternity around where the club is heading, and have an opportunity to speak to them and ask questions in a relaxed setting.

. Cheer squad needs to be overhauled. There are a lot of St.Kilda supporters who aren't happy with the way the cheersquad is being handled on Game Day. It has zero social media promotion and senior members of the squad seem very reluctant on change. It is vitally important that the club take control of the cheer squad, and get some genuine chants up and running within. Even simple things like running a competition with St Kilda members to come up with catchy, creative chants for players or the team which could be 'debuted' by the cheer squad with free seats or other prizes awarded to winners. This would allow people to effectively 'own' their created chants and perhaps the cheer squad requires their own official St Kilda social media page to assist with the communication and development of these various chants.

. Fans have asked what has happened to the Saints truck on the Etihad Stadium bridge.

. Possible new chant added to the Game Day experience could be the chant from Moorabbin in the 80's. If you go over to this video and skip to the 22 second mark you can hear it - - We could do it after a goal and send out infomation about it so the crowd follows along too.

SPONSORSHIPS
. Recent news about Adidas leaving Essendon. Would a major apparel sponsor/manufacturer reap bigger rewards for the club? Would it make an impact on the clubs branding and popularity?

MERCHANDISE
N/A

INTERSTATE SUPPORTERS
. Hubs for interstate supporters to meet on game day when the weekend's match isn't played in their state.

POSITIVES
. General consensus is that we are all really happy with the way the club is being managed. Whilst our on-field success over the first four rounds hasn't been great in terms of Win/Loss, the way the team is playing and is being coached is extremely satisfying. 'It's only a matter of time before things turn our way' is the feeling coming from supporters.

. Saints Game-Day crew is a massive hit with the supporters. Great for the family with thunderstick and poster give-aways.

. Membership - Excellent idea that the club are sending out membership cards to lapsed 2015 members, requiring that they only need a payment to become effective immediately. Once someone sees and touches something they are more likely to want it.

Hey all,

Thanks again for all of your ideas suggestions feedback concerns etc etc. I've just sent this one off to him. As we saw with the last review, the club took on board some of our suggestions so it's good to know they are listening.

I will be doing reviews at the conclusions of rounds 8, 12, 16, 20, and season's end. The next STKFC Supporters Review thread will be available at the conclusion of Round 6.

Thanks again!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hey all,

Thanks again for all of your ideas suggestions feedback concerns etc etc. I've just sent this one off to him. As we saw with the last review, the club took on board some of our suggestions so it's good to know they are listening.

I will be doing reviews at the conclusions of rounds 8, 12, 16, 20, and season's end. The next STKFC Supporters Review thread will be available at the conclusion of Round 6.

Thanks again!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
You are doing some great work GJD23, much appreciated and love your passion :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You are doing some great work GJD23, much appreciated and love your passion :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Thanks mate, everyone on this forum is doing some great things really. I get a general feeling that people on the STK forum are much more measured and realize where the club is and where it's going. There's a lot of momentum and excitement building :thumbsu:

Thanks mate, everyone on this forum is doing some great things really. I get a general feeling that people on the STK forum are much more measured and realize where the club is and where it's going. There's a lot of momentum and excitement building :thumbsu:
Great work mate. My only suggestion is to give the club more time to make changes before writing another report. 4 weeks isn't that long.

Great stuff gjd23

Great work mate. My only suggestion is to give the club more time to make changes before writing another report. 4 weeks isn't that long.

Some of that stuff is dead simple and shouldn't even be an issue (injury list )

I know this is too late for this round, and i hope i remember to write this again.

Going to the windy hill social club one day they had brick paving of every player, sponsors etc

I think many people would love to sponsor a player and have bring in the social club at Moorabin.

Yeah I thought about that. I mean most of the stuff is a really easy fix, the rest they can note down for later.

I guess from the response I got back late last year I figured this would be a good time to send through another, it's been almost 5 months!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt has thanked you all and shared this information onto his executive team and asked them to review the content that we have sent them with the specific areas of the club. If there is anything in that e-mail that they can implement, they will.

Cheers again everyone :thumbsu:

Postponing this one until mid-season/bye round.

I'd like to ask Matt Finnis what, if anything, he and the other CEOs are doing about the unbelievable leg up the two new franchises are getting from the AFL?

No matter how hard they work to improve everything mentioned on this thread ( although all very good suggestions) all will be worth nought when the GWS juggernaut is winning five premierships in a row at the expense of teams like the Saints, Dees and Dogs whose windows will be around the same time.

Do they just roll over and accept whatever the AFL decrees in order to get their two pet franchises wins in areas where the general population cannot be stuffed about the game?

It worries me.

Are you guys enjoying the added website content recently?

yes, enjoying it alot. during pre-season, i started to get the horrible feeling we were gong backwards. less media in papers radio and on website. this is now much better.

yes, enjoying it alot. during pre-season, i started to get the horrible feeling we were gong backwards. less media in papers radio and on website. this is now much better.
Great, thanks for the feedback :) It's good to know that our voices are being heard hey :thumbsu:

I'll do another one of these at the midway point of the season.

Are you guys enjoying the added website content recently?

there's only one small criticism i've been able to make... the intraclub. we went backwards in a massive way, hopefully this is an area the club improves on next off-season

just stream it already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back