Soundwave 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I was hoping for a longer set for Alter Bridge after all the cancellations but oh well.
They were supposed to play on a different stage for longer, but their production was too big and complicated, so they have to play main stage = shorter set.

Just purchased a ticket for Sidewave on Wednesday night at Festival Hall. Avenged Sevenfold :)thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:), Asking Alexandria :)thumbsu:) and Five Finger Death Punch (meh)

I'm heading to that one :thumbsu: More excited for FFDP than A7X at the moment (seen A7X already) and Asking Alexandria (even though I like them) are an absolute mile under both bands. Should be a good night.

Went from 11AM on the Sydney timetable, to 9PM on the Melbourne timetable, to pulling out completely.

Well at least it's one less clash to worry about.

Anyone got some recommendations for 1.00-3.30ish for Melbourne?

Testament, old school thrash, great musicians too definitely worth a look.

Get "The New Order" - best thrash album of the 80s IMO

The Ritual is my favourite but The New Order is a great listen too. And the last two albums have been really good too, can still make good music.

Saw some of the bands last night that would be at soundwave and I can recommend seeing Gojira and Masterdon.

Gojira are an amazing live act, heavy as **** and put their all into their performance, bloody awesome. As for Mastodon, I'm not so sure about them, their vocals really struggle live I reckon (coming from a Megadeth fan that's a bit of a contradiction I guess!) I also think they tend to overplay a bit, especially the drummer but at least they're doing something halfway original.

I've got a ticket for Melbourne going for $150 if anyone's keen ;)
I havent got one yet, but wont know if i can go until some time tomorrow. Any chance you can PM me your mobile, and Ill give you a call when i know - I understand first come, first served

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A7X, FFDP and AA last night was pretty solid at Festival Hall. Five Finger Death punch were my favourite on the night, not that there was much wrong with the other bands.

I have A Day To Remember and The Ghost Inside tonight at the forum. Don't think I'm going to bother watching I Killed The Prom Queen as their screams are atrocious in my opinion. The Ghost Inside will hopefully tear the place apart.

A7X, FFDP and AA last night was pretty solid at Festival Hall. Five Finger Death punch were my favourite on the night, not that there was much wrong with the other bands.

I have A Day To Remember and The Ghost Inside tonight at the forum. Don't think I'm going to bother watching I Killed The Prom Queen as their screams are atrocious in my opinion. The Ghost Inside will hopefully tear the place apart.

Such a weird lineup putting ADTR on that bill...

They usually play with bands like that, it's just that ADTR have a lot more pop punk. Songs like Sticks and Bricks and 2nd Sucks fit the mold, others like All I want and Right Back At It Again don't though obviously.

They usually play with bands like that, it's just that ADTR have a lot more pop punk. Songs like Sticks and Bricks and 2nd Sucks fit the mold, others like All I want and Right Back At It Again don't though obviously.

Eh, TGI and IKTPQ are kinda big down this way and most people I know think it's a joke that ADTR are on that show.

Personally not a fan of any of them but yeah, certainly seen a lot of ADTR bashing from fans of the others haha.

People love to bash them but nobody can doubt their size, sold 50k physical albums without a label and another 50k digital downloads all in the first week. TGI and IKTPQ are small fry compared to them.

Both openers would be playing a venue like billboards or something without ADTR providing them with a sold out show at the forum.

People love to bash them but nobody can doubt their size, sold 50k physical albums without a label and another 50k digital downloads all in the first week. TGI and IKTPQ are small fry compared to them.

Both openers would be playing a venue like billboards or something without ADTR providing them with a sold out show at the forum.

Not exactly talking about their following... That isn't the issue :p

Tonight Chop Suey being played over the P.A got as much of a reaction as IKTPQ's set. I shit you not.

Jason Butler from letlive. jumped from the crowd during The Ghost Insides set and screamed part of one of their songs. The guy is a beast.

ADTR's sound mix was a bit eh but a wonderful set overall. Had to leave before the encores though.
Of course they decide to do track work near my train station the week of soundwave festival. Been screwed over the last 2 nights, hopefully it's not happening tomorrow.

Bring on Suicide Silence, letlive. , gwar etc tomorrow.

Epic day yesterday at Melbourne's SW. Saw The Porkers (crazy and funny gig ... Bacon Fat lol), Biffy Clyro (meh), Alter Bridge (very good, Myles had his voice back), The Living End (good nostalgia), Volbeat (epic), bit of AIC (again good), JEW (not bad), Green Day (awesome, but pit was nuts) and Mastodon (insanely good). Feeling very sore now, I am getting too old for this pit shit.

Me too Mick, much too old for all that. But I reckon I was the first person to hit the deck today - 11.01am at Amon Amarth. Sensational day, will write more later in the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Soundwave 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back