Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Guinevere - CS&N
4. Mkwaju - Ensemble
3. People Get Ready - The Impressions
2. Fire Escape - Fastball
1. Deserted Cities of the Heart - Cream

BM: Run for your Life - Big Grams
Cost myself the win - it was either Mkwaju or this

5. Hüsker Dü - Pink Turns To Blue
4. Geto Boys - Still
3. CHVRCHES - Recover
2. Spy vs Spy - Harry's Reasons
1. Blink-182 - Adam's Song
BM: The Presidents of the United States of America - Froggie

5. Death - Keep on Knocking
4. The Jam - Strange Town
3. V Spy V Spy - Harry's Reasons
2. Sokoninaru - Tenohira De Odoru

Billy: Presidents of the United States of America - Froggie

Posting my votes twice because I can.

5. Pink Turns To Blue
4. Pumping On Your Sterep
3. Deserted Cities OF The Heart
2. Keep On Knocking
1. Strange Town

Billy - Dream Fighter

I always seem to lay into Plugger35 but yet, I always give him votes.

It's hard to resist my great taste in music.

4. The Jam - Strange Town
3. V Spy V Spy - Harry's Reasons
2. Sokoninaru - Tenohira De Odoru

Billy: Presidents of the United States of America - Froggie

Posting my votes twice because I can.

So did EJW, but he voted for me so he gets two love reacts

4. Crosby, Stills & Nash - Guinevere The Speaker
3. Big Grams - Run for Your Life..... Smeg Head
2. Chase the Sun - Six Feet Under the fly
1. Hüsker Dü - Pink Turns To Blue roo2macca

HM: Kings X, Omni, Mkwaju, The Impressions, The Jam, Sokoninaru, blink-182

Billy: Perfume - Dream Fighter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In honour of my impending entry into the Hall of Legends for competing in 50 rounds in a row, it is only right that we have a round that is close to my heart. I was pretty clear about it coming up too when my inevitable victory was still impending, so here it is. To my knowledge we have never, not even once, had a round dedicated to a single band or artist.

That changes now, as we honour Australia's greatest ever band (fact).

The theme for this round is MIDNIGHT OIL.

The song you nominate must be a song performed by Midnight Oil, the band. No covers of their stuff, nothing by a side or solo project of one of the members.

The following songs are not permitted due to being previous podiums/having been nominated twice or more: Beds Are Burning (4 nominations), Don't Wanna Be the One (1 win), Dreamworld (1 win, 2 nominations), Short Memory (2 nominations), Sleep (2 nominations), The Dead Heart (1 podium, 2 nominations), The Power and the Passion (1 win, 2 nominations) and When the Generals Talk (1 podium). Any other song of theirs is fair game.

Noms due 10 PM AWST (1 AM Tuesday AEDT) as I will be elsewhere earlier in the evening and I'm not getting on BF early the next day just for you eastern staters.

I look forward to the spreadsheet being filled with many more Oils songs for future generations to appreciate.

I have nothing against Midnight Oil, I like them just fine. However, band-themed rounds suck camel dick. Genre rounds are bad enough, this is next level.

Next level round from a next level host.

I have plenty of other traditional round ideas in the tank, but this was too perfect of a moment (for some reasons I have explained and some others I will not) for me to not do it.

Also, we have literally (as far as I can see in the spreadsheet) never had a band-themed round before, so you cannot say what it will be like. Get nomming.

In honour of my impending entry into the Hall of Legends for competing in 50 rounds in a row, it is only right that we have a round that is close to my heart. I was pretty clear about it coming up too when my inevitable victory was still impending, so here it is. To my knowledge we have never, not even once, had a round dedicated to a single band or artist.

That changes now, as we honour Australia's greatest ever band (fact).

The theme for this round is MIDNIGHT OIL.

The song you nominate must be a song performed by Midnight Oil, the band. No covers of their stuff, nothing by a side or solo project of one of the members.

The following songs are not permitted due to being previous podiums/having been nominated twice or more: Beds Are Burning (4 nominations), Don't Wanna Be the One (1 win), Dreamworld (1 win, 2 nominations), Short Memory (2 nominations), Sleep (2 nominations), The Dead Heart (1 podium, 2 nominations), The Power and the Passion (1 win, 2 nominations) and When the Generals Talk (1 podium). Any other song of theirs is fair game.

Noms due 10 PM AWST (1 AM Tuesday AEDT) as I will be elsewhere earlier in the evening and I'm not getting on BF early the next day just for you eastern staters.

I look forward to the spreadsheet being filled with many more Oils songs for future generations to appreciate.
Are non Oil's songs okay if they're a nice listen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back