2nds So who is our SANFL marquee player this year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarryd Lyons?

Don't think we will be having one such as Ian Callinan.

But seriously surely Lowden must have a big year if he's to push for best 22 and get another contract.

Think Tom might be the surprise packet..

Since Ian Callinan retired I am yet to hear anthing from the club about his replacement.

Has anyone heard anything yet ? or are we just simply not having one next year ?

This has been discussed quite a bit in other threads.;)

Basically of the very few players eligible under the SANFL's strict criteria no one was available.

Basically of the very few players eligible under the SANFL's strict criteria no one was available.

Sorry I've unfortunately not been around during the Christmas period so I have missed a few threads.

I am guessing that Brodie Martin might have been the only option the Crows had. It's a shame that Radar's career ended in the manner it did because he was would have been a perfect candidate.

Sorry I've unfortunately not been around during the Christmas period so I have missed a few threads.

I am guessing that Brodie Martin might have been the only option the Crows had. It's a shame that Radar's career ended in the manner it did because he was would have been a perfect candidate.
I think the Crows asked Porps, but he wanted to stay (and was still contracted) at Westies.

I don't think we need one! The whole concept of a reserves side is for the development of our youth. Where our list sits even with injuries, AFL experienced players will still be playing in our SANFL side. However, in times where the list is weak and we are at the bottom of the ladder then yes an SANFL marquee player maybe required. However by then their will probably be a national reserves competition.

Not allowed one. They changed that rule i believe.
Steve Summerton is playing for peanuts at the PAPs so I hear, and therefore is not classed as marquee due to his wage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie is too young.

There still needs to be a captain. Dont call it Leadership or Marquee player just captain. Maybe one of our top ups can fill it. Maybe Luke Carey or Matthew Spencely.

There still needs to be a captain. Dont call it Leadership or Marquee player just captain. Maybe one of our top ups can fill it. Maybe Luke Carey or Matthew Spencely.

Not sure it will work. Captains need authority and I'm not sure how they could have it if a bloke like VB, described as a magnificent captain, is in that team. I feel we have a very unique situation that will result in a non-traditional set up.

Not sure it will work. Captains need authority and I'm not sure how they could have it if a bloke like VB, described as a magnificent captain, is in that team. I feel we have a very unique situation that will result in a non-traditional set up.
I believe it will be one of the top up guys.

This. I can see a top up player tossing the coin before the game and that's it.

On match day, I feel It will be a collective leadership group who act as one. They will have a solid group of about 8 players and each week; depending on who is in the side (some will play AFL) will act as a leadership group and spread the responsibility around.

This. I can see a top up player tossing the coin before the game and that's it.

On match day, I feel It will be a collective leadership group who act as one. They will have a solid group of about 8 players and each week; depending on who is in the side (some will play AFL) will act as a leadership group and spread the responsibility around.

That's about the only way it can work on the park. I think naming a captain under these circumstances does a disservice to the bloke and the team. Don't name a captain at all, who cares. Name a leadership group and just send anyone out in our guernsey to toss the coin. No AFL listed player wants to be named captain, that's obvious, but show some respect to the role and don't name an amateur with a few sanfl games under the belt to lead a bunch of professional footballers. It simply doesn't work that way.

That's about the only way it can work on the park. I think naming a captain under these circumstances does a disservice to the bloke and the team. Don't name a captain at all, who cares. Name a leadership group and just send anyone out in our guernsey to toss the coin. No AFL listed player wants to be named captain, that's obvious, but show some respect to the role and don't name an amateur with a few sanfl games under the belt to lead a bunch of professional footballers. It simply doesn't work that way.

Put that responsibility on everyone to improve their leadership qualities. Make it a learning experience.

Not allowed one. They changed that rule i believe.
Steve Summerton is playing for peanuts at the PAPs so I hear, and therefore is not classed as marquee due to his wage.

What rules? The PAPs don't adhere to any rules and the SANFL is so pi8s weak that they allow/ignore/agree to all violations despite the fact that port power undermine and whiteant the SANFL at any opportunity.
Those top-up players are supposedly only paid $100 per match (or $400 for each sanfl league match)
In respect to Summerton, he is not being paid peanuts:
(I) Summerton did not meet the rule requirements for a leadership player yet the PAPs were allowed to openly sign him up on a 3 year contract and say quite brazenly that he will receive the $400 (or $100)per match fee for 2 years (2014 & 2015) but in his 3rd year 2016 when he becomes eligible then (quote) "he will receive what should have been his 2014 and 2015 salary " !!!
What sort of bs is this?

What rules? The PAPs don't adhere to any rules and the SANFL is so pi8s weak that they allow/ignore/agree to all violations despite the fact that port power undermine and whiteant the SANFL at any opportunity.
Those top-up players are supposedly only paid $100 per match (or $400 for each sanfl league match)
In respect to Summerton, he is not being paid peanuts:
(I) Summerton did not meet the rule requirements for a leadership player yet the PAPs were allowed to openly sign him up on a 3 year contract and say quite brazenly that he will receive the $400 (or $100)per match fee for 2 years (2014 & 2015) but in his 3rd year 2016 when he becomes eligible then (quote) "he will receive what should have been his 2014 and 2015 salary " !!!
What sort of bs is this?
Yep so why aren't we doing the same?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back