SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Season over?

They knock the ball out instead of keeping it in vs CPL they win + 2 points
They kick the ball deep instead of trying a short option vs Heatherton they win + 4 points
Some very bad luck/umpiring calls when they lost to BR earlier in the year

big year of what ifs

They knock the ball out instead of keeping it in vs CPL they win + 2 points
They kick the ball deep instead of trying a short option vs Heatherton they win + 4 points
Some very bad luck/umpiring calls when they lost to BR earlier in the year

big year of what ifs
Very detailed analysis 👏🏻. Let’s hope they can win next two..Ashwood and Narre South.. big big game next weekend though

Top 4 is set unless my boys can pinch a game from either Frankston or south .before playing heatherton . And maybe having to beat CPL at the end .

Like I said previously Ashwood are building nicely , and will finish the year of with one or two more big scalps . ( won’t be 4 points that will be given up easily )
Saints have had a uphill battle ( it’s evident )
My concern- is div 3 Evenly contested without the saints in this division this year .
Who would finish bottom if they weren’t in it ? Bythe fixture and results.
Even thoe Ashwood are Cleary the ones , can any one see black rock winning another game besides the saints ?
And what has happened down there ?
To be fair the only club that seems to have gone backwards this year.
IMO
( love the banter with there crowd, have to be one of the better crowds when it comes to sharing there opinions. I love the raw passion that the players seem to lack )

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You play for lightning and let me guess..must be a new player?

Weight would be the main factor for not taking the field along with my acquired brain injury mate .

Yes first year I have watched every game.

I was a Cranbourne supporter and still will be Cranbourne man till I die.

Since the departures of players to the Mpnfl ( rosebud ) . And a few in house problems that myself and a percentage of members will not stand by.

Cranbournes most decorated reserves players Xavier Pauli jumped to Lyndhurst for a small stint , which then caught my attention .

Do I need to put my name and biography down to ask legitimate questions ?

Or is there rules around certain questions or observations .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app[/url

What's been the turn around at Heatherton this season? Have been in the wilderness for a few years & were almost becoming irrelevant. What's sparked the revival?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So div 3 next year..could be
Hampton?
Skye?
CPL
Ashwood
BlackRock
Lyndhurst
Heatherton
Berwick Springers?

Frankston(if they win, DIV 2)
Hampton(will come up from Div 4)
Skye(will come down from Div 2)

So div 3 next year..could be
Hampton?
Skye?
CPL
Ashwood
BlackRock
Lyndhurst
Heatherton
Berwick Springers?

Frankston(if they win, DIV 2)
Hampton(will come up from Div 4)
Skye(will come down from Div 2)

Pretty sure it’s 2 down this year from Div 1 and 2 making room for narre Warren

After next year it should be 2 up 2 down.

Clubs like Frankston this year, beena a few years back who dominated the whole season but fell short on the biggest day should still be rewarded with going up .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
disagree. if that was the case already, Frankston would be div 2 by now, with next to no chance of winning a flag any time soon. need a balance between moving teams up too quickly and keeping divs competitive. It was smart to move Frankston out of div 4 after they lost that gf, but another move up this year would have been too much, too soon imo.

perhaps some league discretion each year if a 2nd placed club is truly dominant (and wants to go up) and a 2nd bottom club higher up is a basket case, would work better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back