Clayton
CPL
Lyndhurst
Frankston
Endeavour Hills
Narre South
Heatherton

Am I missing any other team?

Talk around is that Murrumbeena also going up. Can anyone confirm this? Would mean 7 teams in div3 unless a new club is coming in or Frankston come up too.

Talk around is that Murrumbeena also going up. Can anyone confirm this? Would mean 7 teams in div3 unless a new club is coming in or Frankston come up too.
Isn’t it two up and one down?
So if Murumbeena and BR go
Up and Heatherton come down

It’s then
1) Ashwood
2) Clayton
3) Endeavour Hills
4) CPL
5) Lyndhurst
6) Frankston
7) Heatherton
8)Narre South

Isn’t it two up and one down?
So if Murumbeena and BR go
Up and Heatherton come down

It’s then
1) Ashwood
2) Clayton
3) Endeavour Hills
4) CPL
5) Lyndhurst
6) Frankston
7) Heatherton
8)Narre South

Are Frankston confirmed going up with Lyndhurst? If they do then yer it’s 8.

Hello everyone. Long time reader, first time poster here.

Oh boy what a GF that was. The drama, the passion, the fans what a special day. Congratulations to BR on a supurb win.

Next season I assume SY are going down to div4. The lads from Cerburus might need to take Friday off work just to get there in time for strapping. You'd have to think thats the longest trek in local footy now?

Hello everyone. Long time reader, first time poster here.

Oh boy what a GF that was. The drama, the passion, the fans what a special day. Congratulations to BR on a supurb win.

Next season I assume SY are going down to div4. The lads from Cerburus might need to take Friday off work just to get there in time for strapping. You'd have to think thats the longest trek in local footy now?
Not even close Cerebrus Navy base to South Yarra is about 80km (fair reasonable distance) but fairly standard when you get out into the country. Hay F.C in the Golden Rivers league do that and some every second week. Hay to Nullawil (same league) is about 280km one way not sure I’d be keen on that trip just for a game of footy. Yes the car road home could potentially be great….lots of frothies 🍻🍻 but still not sure if it’s worth it

Not even close Cerebrus Navy base to South Yarra is about 80km (fair reasonable distance) but fairly standard when you get out into the country. Hay F.C in the Golden Rivers league do that and some every second week. Hay to Nullawil (same league) is about 280km one way not sure I’d be keen on that trip just for a game of footy. Yes the car road home could potentially be great….lots of frothies 🍻🍻 but still not sure if it’s worth it
Fair call, I didn't even think about country leagues when I wrote it. Not a great first post by me then haha. I'm sure the div3 teams will be happy not to go to that awful ground with those clubrooms for the time being.

Longest trip in a Melbourne-based comp that I can think of was in the VAFA a few years ago - Rupertswood (Sunbury) to Peninsula OB (Mt Eliza).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Quambatook or Ultima possibly have the longest trips to opposing teams (Hay) in all of Australia. Could be wrong though.

Kundat Djaru Cats (East Kimberley Football League)

to Port Wyndham Crocs - 534km (7hrs 15min)
to the Kununurra clubs - 524km (7hrs 10 min)

Leave matches at sparrow's fart on match day and play mid-afternoon.
They leave straight after their away matches in Wyndham and Kununurra and get home in the middle of the night.

The 368km from Halls Creek to Wyndham is bitumen and the remaining leg (166km from Halls Creek to Kundat Djaru) takes almost 3 1/2 hours as the road is corrugated dirt. Team buses don't last long due to the road and the kangaroos.

They have to play their 'home' matches at Halls Creek due to the road conditions, so they still have a round trip of 7 hours to play home games.

Not surprising, their only two wins in 2022 came when they played at Halls Creek. They also won two by forfeit when Port Wyndham refused to play in Halls Creek in the second half of the season.

They used to play against Timber Creek, located 2 hours east of the WA/NT border, when they had a team. Add nearly 500km and 5 hours to the distance from KD to Kununurra!

Last edited:
So my pigeon landed late last night and the word is that Bazza three medals took the lot , got a flag , got double medal status on the big day and now he's the pick of the litter with the league BnF and all I can say is I told ya's so , doesn't take blind Freddy to see he is far SUPERIOR than his peers can't wait to see him up in DIV 2 next season and while I'm at it a great 'old' man from BlackRock A Phelps tied for the 2s I'm also lead to believe, lucky enough to play alot of footy with him , coached him also and it's well deserved great bloke great footy player , couldn't tell ya how old Benjamin button is but he's old and I love seeing an old boy show some young scraps how it's done.
Well done Bazza and Whispy! flying the flag. UP THE ROCKERS!!

On CPH2271 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back