Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (4) released 25/6

Season (1) :
• Noah Long (Knee)

Short Term (3) :
• R18-19 Elijah Hewett (Foot) - 2-3 weeks (Was 3-4 weeks)
• R18-19 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 2-3 weeks (Was 3-4 weeks)
• R17-18 Dom Sheed (Hamstring) - 1-2 weeks (Was 1 week)

Tim Kelly (Hip) and Harley Reid (Suspension) will both be available to play this weekend

Four dudes on the injury list with one being listed as the remainder of the season. This has to be some sort of 10 year record for the club for this time of the year. Outstanding effort by the medico staff this year. Top tier job.

Unfortunately we are now faced with the reality of the absolute potato farm that has been merrily growing under the cover of all that injury. Plenty of list churn required over the next couple of years.

Kudos to the new S&C team though. Fantastic turn around.

Unfortunately we are now faced with the reality of the absolute potato farm that has been merrily growing under the cover of all that injury. Plenty of list churn required over the next couple of years.

Kudos to the new S&C team though. Fantastic turn around.
thats a bit harsh - the same potato farm that blitzed Freo and Melbourne this year?

thats a bit harsh - the same potato farm that blitzed Freo and Melbourne this year?
Harley papers over cracks in the same way NN did - I'd put us as a chance to win any game that he is playing. He's capable of having quarters that completely lift the team and bring us into a position to win.

Harley papers over cracks in the same way NN did - I'd put us as a chance to win any game that he is playing. He's capable of having quarters that completely lift the team and bring us into a position to win.
still have 17 other teammates on the park at that time - they still have to have the ability to play well. There are plenty of green shoots this year to get excited about, if they put some consistency together and possibly another mid, we will be good

Yep. And daicos is doing the same for the pies. They wouldn't have won half the games they have in the last 18months without him.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our midfield is our biggest weakness. Take TK and Reid out and we're left with only Yeo.
Reid isn't papering over anything, his absense just highlights how paper thin we are in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hewey reckons he is playing in two weeks. Has dropped 6kg off his preseason weight to focus on endurance.

Keen to see him back out there!

Watching him at training on Tuesday I thought he looked a bit lighter (less bulk/muscle mass) than I remembered but it had been a while since I last saw him so wasn’t sure if he had

Dropping 6kg explains why I thought that

Did genuinely look in good nick

Never mind, Petch keeping Longy company as the mystery injury of the week.
Hammy according to the team announcement.
Shame for Petch. Had a horrid run a couple of years ago but hasn’t done a hammy since late in the 2022 season.

Clearly done a lot of work to get his body right since then so hopefully this one is on the minor end.

I’m not sure where the rumours about his lack of commitment come from because the way he talks plus his training standards don’t seem to show that at all.
I have a thought about that... just my own speculation... but I wonder if people thought he wasn't a committed trainer before he was drafted because of his undiagnosed foot injury kept him from training at full pace for any length of time? Just a thought.

Hewey reckons he is playing in two weeks. Has dropped 6kg off his preseason weight to focus on endurance.

Keen to see him back out there!

About 1.5kg of that is from his BSD.

Hopefully my sponsored player can finally get a good run at it. The previous 2 years I've had Winder and now an injured Hewett.

Both guns

I blame Priddis for keeping Winder out of the side.

When you're running the player draft comp next year, can you rig it so I get Hewett again? Thx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back