News Simonds Stadium Stage 1 Redevelopment - Reg Hickey Stand and new gates

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Sammy D
Why? Lights maybe coming with the new stand i dont know, but our ground is quickly becoming regarded as some windy, wet, dark hellhole while in recent years apart from the odd game it has been bloody beautiful & hot during the middle of bloody winter! People have short memories

Lights will not change that, but it would be great for some night games. :D

Originally posted by gocats
Time to invest in some good lights I think.
We had sufficient lighting last year, but because of the redevelopment the main source of light has been pulled down (two towers on the outer wing). The lighting at Skilled Stadium obviously is not meant to be state of the art; they are mere training lights.

With the redevelopment, there will be a lighting upgrade.

Re: Re: Re: Kardinia Investment

Originally posted by Inside 50
Is that fact?
Yep, as far as I know, Dasher39 can back me up here. There won't be anything excessive, just enough to provide adequate training light.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kardinia Investment

Originally posted by catattack
Yep, as far as I know, Dasher39 can back me up here. There won't be anything excessive, just enough to provide adequate training light.

Yes, as far as I know as well, there will be a lighting upgrade with the redevelopment. I remember Cook saying that lighting will be upgraded, and obviously with a new stand comes new lights which will create a new light source. I think in a few years the lights wont be an issue ay Skilled.

We'll just treat opposition sides like mushrooms.

Which is quite funny as people who read Cats Claw will know that for many years Geelong members have felt like they've been treated like mushrooms by the club :p

Andrew Mahir is a complete idiot. I used to hold some credibility for him, but after his comment on Saturday night about the lights that has all but diminished. Struth, fancy thinking that Geelong only has two lights, and then preceding to ridicule the stadium for that.

Well Andrew, anyone with half a brain would know that there are lights on the western side of the ground, and that the eastern lights have been taken down due to the REDEVELOPMENT! Winner of Tool off the Week; and a deserving winner too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The grandstand is coming up really well. Went past the other day and I don't see why it will not be ready in eight months time!

how bout
The Gary Ablett Wing Stand
Buddha Hocking Terace
Bill Brownless Stand
Sam Newan Stand
The Polly famer Stand
Bobby Davis Wing
The 63 Premership Stand

Remove this Banner Ad

Back