Simon Tunbridge to leave GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we'll know there's some real issues if he's not rookie drafted by somebody.

he would have to be rookied surely. This is a guy that was preselected as one of the best 17 year old available last year. It's no skin off our nose if he didn't want to play away from WA. If we don't select him then you would have to assume there is more going on than just homesickness or that his football ability was initially over-rated by GWS.

I'd be willing to chuck a tenner on WCE rookie listing him.

I was thinking that but do they really need him? They have plenty of talls on their list. It depends if we opt for him at our first pick in the rookie draft, pick 8 I think it it. Interesting choice if Nelson is available also or a KPD.

I was thinking that but do they really need him? They have plenty of talls on their list. It depends if we opt for him at our first pick in the rookie draft, pick 8 I think it it. Interesting choice if Nelson is available also or a KPD.
Short answer, no. But then did they really need to draft someone like Fraser McInnes? Or even Scott Lycett last year with such a valuable pick when they didn't need any more rucks? They have such an abundance of talls that could be anything, it's almost embarrassing.

It's up to us. We have the pick before them if we want him. what's not clear is if we rate him at all.

If we grabbed Tunbridge and someone like Busher as rookies, I'd be pretty happy with our overall intake. Plus another developing KPF/KPD and maybe a developing ruckman or ruck/forward would be gold.

If we don't grab Tunbridge you'd have to think there's something pretty odd going on with him. Now that he's back in his home state, there's got to be some other reason why he's suddenly covered in flies.

I'd also be very content if we picked up say a Tunbridge & Busher or Frost. I would expect that given we just jetisonned the last of our developing KP prospects that they intend to replenish them.

So... we have 5? Rookie picks?

Dick, Pearce, Tall, Tall, random eastern states flanker/midfielder?

I'd also be very content if we picked up say a Tunbridge & Busher or Frost. I would expect that given we just jetisonned the last of our developing KP prospects that they intend to replenish them.

So... we have 5? Rookie picks?

Dick, Pearce, Tall, Tall, random eastern states flanker/midfielder?

Can anyone confirm whether we have two extra Rookie picks this year because of GWS?? I heard/read that somewhere...

Anyway, good call on Frost, forgot about him.

Dick, Pearce, Tall, Tall, Horsley/Spurr/random is what I'd expect and not in that order.

Although only one KPP is possible the way we've gone lately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone confirm whether we have two extra Rookie picks this year because of GWS?? I heard/read that somewhere...

Anyway, good call on Frost, forgot about him.

Dick, Pearce, Tall, Tall, Horsley/Spurr/random is what I'd expect and not in that order.

Although only one KPP is possible the way we've gone lately.

My old man is saying the same thing. But I have no idea what he is on about. Said he read it on the AFL website.

My old man is saying the same thing. But I have no idea what he is on about. Said he read it on the AFL website.

Yeah, I know I've read it in a post here before and in a news article somewhere else but I wasn't paying enough attention at the time to note where.

Reality or fiction? Would be a great opportunity to take an extra project KPP player and an extra mature-ager if its true.

http://www.afl.com.au/about/tabid/13514/default.aspx

This suggests clubs now have 9 available spots on the rookie list. We only have Roberts currently so that would suggest we have 8 spots available (Dawson will be on senior list). Not sure if Grover etc (veterans) use up rookie spots though?

I think we will be selecting about 5 or 6 rookies on top of Dawson on Dec 13 though.

Thanks for the link :)

Yeh veterans (Grover) take up a rookie spot and we have Roberts, so technically it sounds like we can pick 7 more.

Do you think we'd exercise the option of leaving a spot open to someone who trains with us and shows something in the NAB cup this year?

I must admit I'm still not 100% sure how the full list works. Roberts is still on the rookie list and we will draft 5 more making 6. Do Pav and Grover count on the rookie list because they are veteran players? If so this makes 8 meaning we can have 6 selections in the rookie draft? Can anyone clarifiy?

Pretty sure both Pav and Grover are vets outside the main list, which means they take up spots on the rookie list. Add in Roberts and that's 5 spots left if the rookie list is 8 players, or 6 picks if it's 9.

This is true Nickos, I was basing my guesswork on the numbers we already have on the main list, plus the fact we have one spot left for PSD means (I think) that Pav must be outside the list, or else the list is already full.

Pretty sure both Pav and Grover are vets outside the main list, which means they take up spots on the rookie list. Add in Roberts and that's 5 spots left if the rookie list is 8 players, or 6 picks if it's 9.

The AFL site says its 9 so I'm running with that. Pav isn't on the vets list yet but I'm assuming he will be. Grover and Roberts take 2 spots. And with Dick and Pearce (an unfortunate combination of names) almost shoe-ins to be selected, maybe that's only 4 unknowns we'll take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Tunbridge to leave GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back