List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd take Rod Crowe at 30 and hold out for Clayton Lasscock at 47.

Rod Crowe, now there's a blast from the past

Here's a post from our very own when he was delisted. Gee Mitchell, Montagna were bargains...Ablett as a F/S at 40!!!

I too think that it's a pity that early injuries probably marred this guys development and I would have liked to have at least see him play one game.

That said, what the hell, thought I'd also do to Rod what I did to Dylan! ;) Those draft picks which followed Crowe's selection at #30 in the 2001 draft...

31. Essendon – Joel Reynolds (Geelong Falcons)
32. Hawthorn – Campbell Brown (Oakleigh Chargers):(
33. Richmond – David Rodan (Calder Cannons)
36. Hawthorn – Sam Mitchell (Box Hill Hawks)
37. St Kilda – Leigh Montagna (Northern Knights)
40. Geelong – Gary Ablett (Geelong Falcons) (Father-Son Rule)
42. Western Bulldogs – Kieran McGuiness (Eastern Rangers)
43. Collingwood – Mark McGough (Murray Bushrangers)
47. Essendon – Andrew Welsh (Calder Cannons)
48. Hawthorn – Simon Cox (Western Bulldogs)
54. Kangaroos – Ben Robbins (Brisbane Lions)
56. Fremantle – Paul Medhurst (Claremont):(
60. Sydney – Adam Schneider (NSW/ACT Rams)
61. Kangaroos – Michael Martyn (Kangaroos)
76. Port Adelaide – Jared Poulton (Port Adelaide)
81. Geelong – David Johnson (Essendon Rookie List)

Here's a post from our very own when he was delisted. Gee Joey Montagna was a bargain...Ablett as a F/S at 40!!!

Ouch! Lots of handy midfielders and small forwards there.

Not everyone enters the world with the tools to be what everyone else thinks they should be.;)

Yeah sorry it's our fault that they cannot behave in a refined enough manner to get drafted and live a life most could only dream of.
As part of the problem,I do apologise... :rolleyes:

Here's a post from our very own when he was delisted. Gee Mitchell, Montagna were bargains...Ablett as a F/S at 40!!!
Just goes to show how useless Rod was eh, given some of the spuds I listed there. Mind you, it also shows how long it takes before some players show their true worth. At the time Campbell Brown and Paul Medhurst over Mitchell and Montagna? Geez Kimbo, sort it out.

A
We're armed with picks 30 and 47 to go into this year's National Draft, now that the trade millennium is finally over. Also we have picks 65, 77 and 83 but I doubt we'll see much action there.

Who do we get with our two picks? If I could have it my way, and if these players are available, i'd pick Dayle Garlett at 30, and Mitch Thorp at 47. Garlett for obvious reasons, Thorp because if one of Tarrant, Black or Petrie go down with injury early next season, I don't think Majak can fill the hole due to a limited pre-season. Thorp, with some immense talent that he finally seems to be able to use for the best, would be worth a spot on our list.

If we do use pick 65, we could even go for Joel Tippett as KPD insurance. The draft is less than a month away, I can't wait.

Apeness, plays ruck but reckon not big enough for afl. Looks a good aggressive mark and kick, at 199cm, and 101 kegs ready made key posi player, drew replacement with ruck chop out....alhtough there is some talk he can play back as well. Comes from a rugby background, could develop into anything, boyd, patton, type without the hype. Pick him, and the best available outside mid/small forward.....if thats Garlett, then pick him.

A

Apeness, plays ruck but reckon not big enough for afl. Looks a good aggressive mark and kick, at 199cm, and 101 kegs ready made key posi player, drew replacement with ruck chop out....alhtough there is some talk he can play back as well. Comes from a rugby background, could develop into anything, boyd, patton, type without the hype. Pick him, and the best available outside mid/small forward.....if thats Garlett, then pick him.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/michael-apeness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm an optimist - 30 = Hartung, 47 = Garlett, Remaining pick = Tippett.

Thorpe can buzz off. Who cares if he destroyed the Tassie league. Rod Tregenza ripped apart the WAFL and look how well that turned out.

if we pick up hartung at pick 30 ill shit my pants and also garlett and tippett would be good too

Apeness will be around our pick so every chance we will land him

Importantly, the options for nicknames are endless.

we do need someone to play on the gorillas

North Melbourne
Pick 30: Obviously North will pick Luke McDonald with its first pick (No.8) under the father-son rule. Its first live pick is at 30, and the Roos' trading showed the club was after a key back and a small, tackling forward. Jack Leslie played much of the year as a ruck for Gippsland Power but is seen as a key defender at AFL level.
Around the mark: Michael Apeness, Zach Merrett, Jay Kennedy-Harris

Apeness will be around our pick so every chance we will land him

Importantly, the options for nicknames are endless.

Eddie-McGuire.jpg

Shame that Phil Kelly didn't play 100 games for north
Would have had Luke macdonald pick 8 father son rule
Josh Kelly pick 30 father son rule
Mitch thorp pick 47

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Back