Seating - Grand Final!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have priority 2 access to a grand final ticket. When will I find out and how can I find out if I got a ticket?

If they arent members of either club, mcc members or afl member, or purchasing a corporate package then they cant get tickets.

Well, like myself, they are season ticket members which basically gives us stuff all hope of getting a ticket I suppose.

Still the best way to do it in my opinion!

I've got family lined up at a shopping centre as well. Wouldn't do it any other way!

Go Pies!!!!!

Are you sure you can actually get tickets this way? And when will they go on sale?
Just curious to see how long your family has to camp out at a shopping centre for, that'd suck!

Bright and early outside the MCC for me! Anyone else lining up? If so what time are you aiming to get there? Can't wait!

For those wondering about the ticketing options for the GF, here they are;

http://www.afl.com.au/Premiership/Tickets/GrandFinalTicketsandPackages/tabid/14502/Default.aspx#path

To obtain a ticket to the 2010 Toyota AFL Grand Final, you must do so through one of the following legitimate channels:

1. Be a MCC Full Member
  2. Be an AFL Full Member (AFL Full Members can view further information on how to obtain a Grand Final ticket by visiting aflmembership.com.au)
  3. Be a Full/Social Club Member of one of the competing teams
  4. Obtain a ticket thorough an AFL or Club sponsor
  5. Win one of the numerous promotions/competitions
  6. Purchase a Corporate package

Just by looking at that, no general public tickets will go on sale at all after the members (AFL, MCC and club have had their shots.)

Basically, if you aren't successful in the ballot, you are looking at options 5 or 6.

The break up is approx like this

MCC members - approx 29,000
AFL members - approx 21,000
Competing teams - approx 32,000 (16,000 each)
Other 14 teams - approx 16,000

Last nights Prelim was:

MCC members - approx 29,000
AFL members - approx 21,000
Competing teams (excess given as general) - approx 48,000

Well I was Priority 1 and my account has just been docked 270 bucks. I assume that means I got a premium seat :D. Is there any way of finding out the exact seat? or do I have to wait till I pick up my ticket?

Guys, like many of you I am in desperate need of some Granny tickets.

Anywhere between 2-6 tickets would be ideal.

Absolutely keen to negotiate a price.

If you PM me we can work out a deal....

Thanks so much in advance!

I'm getting confused between AFL members and Legends here, I need some clarity...

Have those who are Priority One members been charged yet, if not when is this likely to take place? I've registered but haven't been charged as yet, and getting a bit nervy...

Are you sure you can actually get tickets this way? And when will they go on sale?
Just curious to see how long your family has to camp out at a shopping centre for, that'd suck!

Bright and early outside the MCC for me! Anyone else lining up? If so what time are you aiming to get there? Can't wait!

On Sale for AFL full members at 10:00am on Sunday!

Will have the tickets in our hands!!!!

Well I was Priority 1 and my account has just been docked 270 bucks. I assume that means I got a premium seat :D. Is there any way of finding out the exact seat? or do I have to wait till I pick up my ticket?

Same here, $1,080 as a pending transaction on the CC for 4 premium tickets!! Although no confirmation email from ticketek yet.

I'm getting confused between AFL members and Legends here, I need some clarity...

Have those who are Priority One members been charged yet, if not when is this likely to take place? I've registered but haven't been charged as yet, and getting a bit nervy...

I'm a priority 1 legends member(we registered 4 barcodes) & as above i've had my CC charged. No idea where we'll be sitting, but it'll be somewhere at the 'G watching the Pies claim their 15th flag!!

Okay, I don't want to get ahead of myself, Priority Two here, I've got $322 unexplained missing from my account, which (fingers crossed) means 2 x $161 (the face value of a standard GF ticket).

Either I've got lucky, or a couple of direct debit bills have added up to a very unfortunate coincidence.

:confused:

mid arvo today had $235 charged on my card but it doesnt say who charged it yet. 99.9% sure its ticketek as i am a legends member... so glad i had a feeling at the start of the year to get the legends membership :D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$270 charged to my credit card. It was always going to happen being priority 1, but actually seeing it on my cc statement has brought a massive smile to my face. Dying to find out where my seat is. :)

any other legends members been charged for standard seats? we are a group of 10 year premium members (legends since 06) and have had our card debited for standard seats. if we are sitting in the bleachers then all i'll say is that i hope the club retains some of the "legends" members who upgraded after round 20 when it appeared we were a good chance to make the GF as it will help cover for the loss of our 8 m/ships

Being a priority 2 member, I just went to the local ATM and I have been charged for 1 concession ticket. I am so pumped now, it will be my first ever grand final. Cant wait. GO PIES!

Legends member here. Had $540 deducted from my account. That's two premium tickets, I just hope I'm in the Ponsford that would be awesome.

For those wanting a seating plan, I think it's the same as the rest of the finals, but here it is:

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/~/media/Files/MCG Seating Plan_AFL Grand Final.pdf

Yeehaa that's bad luck, hopefully you get the awesome level 1 standard seats (would honestly rather them than almost anything).

looks like I'm headed here:
Sidney_Myer_Music_Bowl.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102830/default.aspx

Alright so I'll be somewhere up in the last 10 or so rows of level 4 with Standard seating. Total rip off for $1350, but can't miss this game.

yeee haaaa that is bullsh*t. i have already voiced my disapproval to the club over their offering of the late season legends upgrades. if any of the late season sign ups have got better seats than you you have very right to feel absolutely screwed

i have a feeling you'll be ok tho, i've heard that the bay of standard seating behind the goals in the ponny will house the cheer squad and priority 1 and 2 members. if you end up in there for $160 odd bucks you can rightfully look pretty smugly at those in the prime and premium seating only metres away that have paid up to $110 more than you for essentially the same seat. i hope it works out that way for you. if it doesn't make sure you let the club know how pissed you are because they really need to do more to look after loyal members rather than just instantly giving johnny come latelies the same rights as long standing premium members via an upgrade a week before the h&a season ends

I've had $160 removed from my credit card. :D

Looks like i will be there on Saturday. Pretty ****ing happy right now.

Congrats mate, I know you were in the same boat as me. We both have priority 2 in getting a GF ticket and we both got one. Most of the people who are on this board already had guaranteed tickets to the GF so its pretty exciting to be get a ticket when the odds were 1-7.

I'm a Legends member and have been charged for 4 prime seating tickets. Looking at the seating chart, I must confess to feeling a little disappointed, but I'm sure I won't mind too much on game day. Go Pies.

:DYeah baby!! This is the first time i have looked at my CC statement and have been happy to see a charge for what equates to 7 premium seats, all i hope is that they are on level 2 and we win the flag and it would be the best first grand final for me ever, i booked the limo today and will be having a bbq in the car park from 10;30am:D:D:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Seating - Grand Final!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back