Preview Season 7, Round 5 v GWS: Sunday 25 September @ Wigan Oval (Unley Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Adelaide v GWS
Sunday 25 September
2:40pm
Wigan Oval (Unley Oval)

Adelaide held off a fast finishing Collingwood at Victoria Park last week, while GWS sunk to a new low, losing to West Coast.

We return to our 'traditional' 2:40pm Sunday time slot this week.

Last time the two sides played we kept GWS goalless, and really should've won by more - and that was at Henson Park! At home, will we inflict a similar scoreline, or will GWS come out firing after their effort last week?

Last edited:

In: B.Tonon, M.Dowrick, J.Waterhouse
Out: A.Ward (omitted), N.Kelly (injured), L.Whiteley (omitted)

Ward and Whiteley out makes sense, and good to see Tonon back, but it baffles me that Simmons stayed in the side. Prowse still on the sidelines.

The longer this season goes, the more I'm convinced we are using selection as ways to get gametime into our whole squad since the SANFLW isn't currently running. Is that going to be the case in future years as well? It kind of sucks that we don't have a reserves comp for our other players to play in during the AFLW season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likely our best half ever! 53 to 0 is already impressive as a score, but to put it in perspective, that’s equivalent to a men’s score of 70 to 0 in a half!

I think our cleaner hands gives us the clear advantage in wet weather against GWS. Also, really liking Dowrick’s game today, looks to have cement a spot up forward now.

One more thing, that 50m penalty against Waterhouse was complete BS..

After watching that Disney+ doco I do feel sorry for GWS, really set up to not be that competitive given the resources & players they have a available to them.

They can’t even take advantage of whatever Jas Simmons is doing out there.
To be fair, Simmons hasn’t needed to do much today as GWS has hardly done much up forward.

To be fair, Simmons hasn’t needed to do much today as GWS has hardly done much up forward.
When being a ‘non-entity’ is probably the most positive aspect you can say about your football it does not bode well. Like what is the goal with playing her? Are they actually trying to turn her into something? It is all a bit alien her being out there playing at this level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back