Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 9: East Side Hawks v Mount Buller Demons at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever I am, Iā€™m a big fraud.

Iā€™m doing that thing where you put all the non fiction, law texts and literary classics in a bookcase in the lounge room so that when guests come over they will think Iā€™m a heavy hitter
I've done the same. I thought I was the only one!

were the millers no ragrets GIF

Depends on the books. What kind of books do you have?
Huge numbers of cookbooks, political biographies, actor & comedian biographies, contemporary regional / cultural / geographic stuff, 19th early 20th Century expressive realist classics, law textbooks, Australian colonial history, Ron Barassi bio, Jimmy Stynes bio, The Red Fox, something about the great years of the MFC with the word Heros in the title, Max Gawns book about the journey to the flag, a classic and hysterical book about the worst years of the Dees (07-13 I think?) called The Great Deepression, another by the same author about the Dees going from great in 64 to bang average, contemporary literature of the kind that most people have like Tim Winton, Annie Proulx etc., crime fiction old and new by the posh end of the crime author market, zillions more crime fiction books (mostly British) by people nobody knows of other than me I think, Dr Seuss compendium, Get Fuzzy comic compendium starring Bucky Cat, Hating Alison Ashley and a book about a cricket that accidentally hops in a picnic basket in Connecticut and ends up in the NYC subway where he is befriended by a rat called Tucker.

Huge numbers of cookbooks, political biographies, actor & comedian biographies, contemporary regional / cultural / geographic stuff, 19th early 20th Century expressive realist classics, law textbooks, Australian colonial history, Ron Barassi bio, Jimmy Stynes bio, The Red Fox, something about the great years of the MFC with the word Heros in the title, Max Gawns book about the journey to the flag, a classic and hysterical book about the worst years of the Dees (07-13 I think?) called The Great Deepression, another by the same author about the Dees going from great in 64 to bang average, contemporary literature of the kind that most people have like Tim Winton, Annie Proulx etc., crime fiction old and new by the posh end of the crime author market, zillions more crime fiction books (mostly British) by people nobody knows of other than me I think, Dr Seuss compendium, Get Fuzzy comic compendium starring Bucky Cat, Hating Alison Ashley and a book about a cricket that accidentally hops in a picnic basket in Connecticut and ends up in the NYC subway where he is befriended by a rat called Tucker.
Apart from all the Melbourne stuff, it sounds like a good collection to me.

Apart from all the Melbourne stuff, it sounds like a good collection to me.
God it gets worse. Iā€™ve go a whole shelf of 20th century philosophy and linguistics (strictly lounge room display) which I figure if it stays there long enough I might understand it by way of osmosis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 9: East Side Hawks v Mount Buller Demons at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back