Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 16 - Roys FFC v East Side Hawks at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I got a text from a friend saying the suburb where we both work was locked down due to a bloke with a knife tonight, too. I walked to the train station and noticed nothing.
Saw it on the news. Thankfully I went home the other way and only had to face 38 minutes of barely moving traffic. I can empathize with Stabby Joe after that.

I got a text from a friend saying the suburb where we both work was locked down due to a bloke with a knife tonight, too. I walked to the train station and noticed nothing.
Mate in Scotland forwarded me news and vids of someone chasing the police with a chainsaw in Glasgow. There's some right nutters going about these days.

All happens on a Tuesday night here

Knife embedded in victim's face during pub fight
Andrew Thomson

Reporter. Published 07 May 2024, 09:45 PM

A knife was left embedded in a victim’s face during an incident at a Mortlake hotel on Tuesday night, May 7.
Detective Senior Constable David Hughson, of the Warrnambool police crime investigation unit, said there was an altercation involving two men about 6.30pm.
It’s understood the incident happened at the Mac’s Hotel on the corner of Dunlop Street and Webster Street in Mortlake.

Emergency services were called, ambulance officers attended and assessed and treated a man for a wound to his face.

The victim was transported to the D. C Farran Oval where he was flown by the HEMS4 helicopter to a Melbourne hospital.
Detective Senior Constable Hughson confirmed the men were not believed to know each other and both were both from out of town.
He confirmed the knife was embedded in the victim’s face.
A man has been taken into custody and is currently assisting police with their inquiries.
Publican Jodie Beeck told a social media website that all the staff and everyone else in the hotel was OK.

Last edited:

Andrew Thomson

A knife was left embedded in a victim’s face during an incident at a Mortlake hotel on Tuesday night, May 7.
Detective Senior Constable David Hughson, of the Warrnambool police crime investigation unit, said there was an altercation involving two men about 6.30pm.
It’s understood the incident happened at the Mac’s Hotel on the corner of Dunlop Street and Webster Street in Mortlake.

Emergency services were called, ambulance officers attended and assessed and treated a man for a wound to his face.

The victim was transported to the D. C Farran Oval where he was flown by the HEMS4 helicopter to a Melbourne hospital.
Detective Senior Constable Hughson confirmed the men were not believed to know each other and both were both from out of town.
A man has been taken into custody and is currently assisting police with their inquiries.
Publican Jodie Beeck told a social media website that all the staff and everyone else in the hotel was OK.

We’ll…it is the Wild West!

If it makes you feel any better I’ve lost three of the head to heads in my cash league as a direct result of keeping Miller and trading Steele to get to Serong in Round 2.

Picked up my first win last week. Embarrassing to say the least.
Don’t ask me about how i traded Young for NWM after Young’s back to back sub 100 weeks. Pretty sure he hasn’t been below 110 since.

Andrew Thomson

What's wrong with slapping the face instead of stabbing it?
Were they fighting over a women, a wheat crop or a sunflower crop?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t ask me about how i traded Young for NWM after Young’s back to back sub 100 weeks. Pretty sure he hasn’t been below 110 since.
I turned Young into Serong after Rd2 which wasn't the worst...

I wanted to start L.Ryan, but got sucked into Young instead with everyone hyping him up and didn't want to get left behind. Figured I might've gotten L.Ryan a little cheaper eventually...

As opposed to the timber.....

I'll see myself out.
I Need A Woman To Love GIF by Kesha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back