Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 1: Coney Island Warriors v Roys FFC @ Van Cordlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

warriors-good-logo-png.1758455
teamsheet-logo-png.1757875

Coney Island Warriors v Roys FFC
At Van Cordlandt Park

1561430654136-png.698217

It's a new season in the Sweet Football Association with plenty of exciting stories to be told in the 36th edition of this great competition. With new personas, new rivalries, new stars to emerge.

But before we get to all the shiny new toys that can be played with. Let's take a look at the season just gone for these two teams...

S35 Recap - Coney Island Warriors

The Coney Island Warriors added league great The Filth Wizard to pair up with pantskyle and reunited the Brothers of Destruction as they looked to claim the first premiership in the club's history. They got a premiership but it was only the minor premiership, ultimately falling short in the preliminary final. They continued their dominance off the field with Tonga Bob claiming the S35 Beez Trophy and Frankston Rover made a cameo for Heritage Round.

S35 Recap - Roys FFC

The Roys FFC had an ordinary season in Season 35, falling out of finals after a trademark late season collapse. TedDougChris played a starring role in the position he plays best though and was a shining light for the Roys throughout the season.

The Off-Season - Coney Island Warriors

They welcome in rookie hotshot Ocha905 and Warriors veteran zackah.

The Off-Season - Roys FFC

They welcome back the creator of the league Mobbs, the TROGLODYTE with a perfect grand final record and also talented MrsEddieBetts from the Gee Dee scouting tour while saying goodbye to zackah.

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

Has it really already been six months since the end of the last s**t season?
Yes. Then we had a good one, and now we're here.

Yes. Then we had a good one, and now we're here.
Let's hope for something nearer last season than the one prior, at least as far and the home and away season is concerned. Eight spots, thirteen teams, we're a ~60% chance to make the finals already, before factoring the Wazza-sim-tax that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A new season already? I haven't even begun my preseason fitness journey yet. Yikes!

Sweet Potato Baby GIF by Alice Socal

Howdy Roys and fellow Wazzas - let's make S36 a good one.

I've been working out for months.

Episode 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Welcome to the Warriors Ocha905, you finally get the chance to see what this place is all about.

You too zackah.

If we recruited anybody else I apologise.

Let's hope for something nearer last season than the one prior, at least as far and the home and away season is concerned. Eight spots, thirteen teams, we're a ~60% chance to make the finals already, before factoring the Wazza-sim-tax that is.
No loser talk here Spudstar. I've got gone deep into the depths of history (2010ish) to find the remarkable cheat code to life. It's known as The Secret. Visualise something hard enough and it will come true!

Eg - Here's a perfect demonstration of the Chaser's visualising a free carpark -

Works 0% of the time 100% of the time.

No loser talk here Spudstar. I've got gone deep into the depths of history (2010ish) to find the remarkable cheat code to life. It's known as The Secret. Visualise something hard enough and it will come true!

Eg - Here's a perfect demonstration of the Chaser's visualising a free carpark -

Works 0% of the time 100% of the time.

Such a great show! Brilliant skits, well-informed, made election years entertaining for even the most politically-indifferent viewers. A visual version of today's The Shovel. Bring it back!

Today's specials at Tonga Bob's Taco & Tequila Bar to welcome Roy to VCP (& particularly friend Zevon):

1690778897425.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back