Win Prizes Season 2023 Game Previews

Which is your favourite preview of 2023?

• R1 - away vs St Kilda by mattis117

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • R13 - home vs Richmond by BarbieITFC

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • R8 - home vs Hawthorn by Mr Cheese

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • R6 - home vs Western Bulldogs by BeinPurplenGreen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R22 - away vs WC by Snuffaluphagus

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It is happening... again!
1676513734022.png

Greetings wordsmiths, shoopers and avid readers alike,

We're doing the Game Preview thing again!

You should know the drill by now, but if you don't then here's the skinny...

Since 2017 many brave yet foolhardy souls have been the standard bearers for the Fremantle Football Club when it comes to irreverent yet informative previewing. Righteo was the initial architect of the concept, and since then many of us have saluted in the most creative of ways. From the poetic melt of Arcassius in 2017, to the * magpie noises * of 2018, the audio-visual Mayne course provided by Chef TheInjuryFactory in 2019, the frothy inspiration provided by Square Peg in 2021, and the joint triumph of Gekko71 & Piggy Smalls last season, the Freo faithful have collectively given great effort in the pursuit of providing the board with knowledge, wit, creativity and half-arsed prophecy. So it only seems right to run the concept back up the flagpole to see who salutes in 2023.

If you think that you have what it takes to provide your fellow Freo fans with a preview for one of this season's games, or if you've done the needful in the past and thought to yourself "I'm ready to serve my community once again", then now's the time to put your hand up and claim a slice of the 2023 AFL season as your very own to preview.

The criteria for previewing remain the same:
  • Reply to this thread to sign up for any match you'd like to preview in the upcoming season. First in, best dressed, so if you want a specific match try and get in early, and I will update the below fixture accordingly;
  • There is no criteria to sign up apart from being a Freo board poster, you don't have to have been a poster for a long time or have made a lot of posts, but just make sure you're in a position to write one when it's your week. If you can't do it when the time comes, let me know and I'll probably sort out a suitable punishment and/or replacement;
  • Have fun with the preview. Make it interesting, it doesn't have to be written under a certain guideline or include x,y,z- write it the way you want, use pictures, videos, whatever. A good dose of humour never hurts either;
  • This is a competition, so previews judged the best by your peers (most liked, how else do you quantify "best" on the internet??) will join Arcassius TheInjuryFactory Square Peg Gekko71 Piggy Smalls and yours truly as official Fremantle Posters of the Year, and will receive a shiny badge that looks like this:
    1614139345658.png
    (which one day we'll upgrade to look a bit shinier).
These are the games to choose from:

Round 1 vs St Kilda @ away mattis117

Round 2 vs North Melbourne @ home vidwhal

Round 3 vs WCE @ home King Huskii

Round 4 vs Adelaide @ away theGav56

Round 5 vs Gold Coast at neutral (Gather Round) Square Peg

Round 6 vs Western Bulldogs @ home BeinPurplenGreen

Round 7 vs Brisbane @ away Dump Truck

Round 8 vs Hawthorn @ home Mr Cheese

Round 9 vs Sydney @ away BeinPurplenGreen

Round 10 vs Geelong @ home Tbonefreo

Round 11 vs Melbourne @ away

Round 12 vs Bye Van_Dyke

Round 13 vs Richmond @ home BarbieITFC

Round 14 vs GWS @ away

Round 15 vs Essendon @ home

Round 16 vs Western Bulldogs @ away ubiquitous226

Round 17 vs Carlton @ home dockerfemme

Round 18 vs Collingwood @ away Falconista

Round 19 vs Sydney @ home

Round 20 vs Geelong @ away DragoDelph

Round 21 vs Brisbane @ home

Round 22 vs WCE @ away Snuffaluphagus

Round 23 vs Port Adelaide @ home tonygeeks

Round 24 vs Hawthorn @ away

mt postmore 2022.png

So if you wanna get your melon on Mt Postmore with these handsome internet personalities, then pull the rip cord on your imagination and get creating.

Happy previewing everyone!!!

Last edited:

I passed last season, so by way of redemption I'll take Round 4, RAdelaide. Start of our sojourn in the fabulous home of the Piping Shrike.
sa.jpg

Gather Round at a suburban park versus gold coast in front of seventeen croweaters and a toothless dog, this preview writes itself. But in case it doesn't, I'll take it please Bob.

Gather Round at a suburban park versus gold coast in front of seventeen croweaters and a toothless dog, this preview writes itself. But in case it doesn't, I'll take it please Bob.
I'm disappointed that it wasn't called the Jack Reacher Round, but it's yours.

The Ross Lyon Community Shield is yours.
To be honest, I watched our last game vs. St Kilda on Tuesday and it's just too good of an opportunity to miss, I felt so sorry for them, they needed the win to make the 8 but we crushed their souls and they reacted by losing it at the umpires. Such a classic now. Good times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will take anything as long as it is May or after. I will be too busy swanning round Europe before that.
Nice! Are you going to Italy? Well you are now... well, Lygon St at least. You've got round 17 vs Carlton.

I'll take R13 against the tiggers
Tigs are yours mate! I want at least one (1) reference to David Mundy kicking a match winning goal.

POTY voting is a farce and I think I’m 0/3 in previous previews but I’ll put the kiss of death on us for Port in the get out stakes

Hate those clowns 🤡

If I get rolled again THATS IT !!!

POTY voting is a farce and I think I’m 0/3 in previous previews but I’ll put the kiss of death on us for Port in the get out stakes

Hate those clowns 🤡

If I get rolled again THATS IT !!!
Nice work tony, you get the Josh Carr Cup! Last round of the season was always my favourite, see what the others put up then BANG hit them when they're not expecting it.

Back