VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

GOALS: Magner 2 Winmar Cahill Dempster Tregear Pattison Lynch
BEST: Ferraro Pattison Miles Irving Tregear Cahill

Looks like Kingy might have got a touch up (with Johnson being Casey's best player and Patto one of our best). Former Brisbane player Joel MacDonald also in the best along with Wall (formerly a Saint).

Great to see Miles in the best. He's had a tough run.

Interesting stats from the weekend:

Jack 25 poss (13 contested), 4 tackles, 2 behinds - welcome return to form aside from the goalkicking

Miles 22 poss (9 contested)

Hutchings 21 poss - continuing his run of good form (nice rookie pickup)

Walsh 20 poss

Dempster 16 poss (10 contested), 7 tackles - might get a callup if Raph has done his hammy

But very few contested marks by the boys, and almost 30 frees conceded. Winmar, Cahill, Will J, and Tommy S appear to have been very quiet.

Obviously Armo.

Heyney has certainly developed in that area.

Will Johnson is super aggressive like Tommy S, but I'd think the club would want him to tone it down (sometimes he comes screaming into a tackle and gets side-stepped fairly easily, and he has blasted more than a few kicks 20m over the fence in trying to kick it 60m).

Hutchings is pretty tough for his size and lays a good tackle, but doesn't really dish it out.

When Drago gets a bit more confidence I'd be interested to see what he's got in this department.

Patto is really good in this area, but many of the AFL guys are too quick for him to catch!

Also noting Zac is currently out of the team and likes to dish it out when he can (still only 24yo).

Some of the other guys are a little bit touchy-feely with their tackles, but all go in when required. I don't atually blame them, as the VFL umpires do not reward the tackler and often pay stupid frees for "too high" and "in the back" which are not warranted (plenty of guess-work involved).

Armo punched the ball away in the Collingwoooood game - with eyes on the ball and a clear sound of fist meeting ball. The umpire paid an arm chop. The ball went onto the wing with Armo then going down with his knee injury. Should never have been there in the first place!

Obviously Armo.

Heyney has certainly developed in that area.

Will Johnson is super aggressive like Tommy S, but I'd think the club would want him to tone it down (sometimes he comes screaming into a tackle and gets side-stepped fairly easily, and he has blasted more than a few kicks 20m over the fence in trying to kick it 60m).

Hutchings is pretty tough for his size and lays a good tackle, but doesn't really dish it out.

When Drago gets a bit more confidence I'd be interested to see what he's got in this department.

Patto is really good in this area, but many of the AFL guys are too quick for him to catch!

Also noting Zac is currently out of the team and likes to dish it out when he can (still only 24yo).

Some of the other guys are a little bit touchy-feely with their tackles, but all go in when required. I don't atually blame them, as the VFL umpires do not reward the tackler and often pay stupid frees for "too high" and "in the back" which are not warranted (plenty of guess-work involved).

Armo punched the ball away in the Collingwoooood game - with eyes on the ball and a clear sound of fist meeting ball. The umpire paid an arm chop. The ball went onto the wing with Armo then going down with his knee injury. Should never have been there in the first place!

THANKS SQUIZZ:thumbsu:
Sounds like Willy boy is a bit of a character, looking forward to seeing him come into the team one day. More wraps for Heyney, to be skillfull and tough with attitude is A class for me. Did Tommy S get rubbed out?

They have published a report of the Zebs round 9 match in the Saints website:

Sandringham Round 9 match report

Cahill been name in the best players although other posters have said he was quiet...

2010 VFL Seniors

Casey Scorpions 3.3 6.7 9.7 11.9 (75)
Sandringham 4.0 6.1 8.3 8.7 (55)

GOALS: Magner 2, Winmar, Cahill, Dempster, Tregear, Pattison, Lynch
BEST: Ferraro, Pattison, Miles, Irving, Tregear, Cahill

2010 VFL Reserves

Casey Scorpions 3.3 5.6 6.9 6.10 (46)
Sandringham 2.1 5.1 7.3 10.6 (66)

GOALS: Geary 2, Jones, Allan, Waller, Boland, Hardiman, Andrews, Cathcart, McGrath
BEST: Waller, Hunter, Andrews, Johnston, Cathcart, Allan

Damn! I was thinking that next week might be a good time to get a footy fix at the VFL.
But they have synchonised their week off.

just noted in my mind today that the next weekend will be an all round Saints vs geelong
Both Saints and Sandy Play geelong that weekend....

Sandy reserves Play this coming weekend in Ballarat- so I'm guessing a few ( and only Guessing) of the guys coming back from injury etc may get a game to have some consistent match Practice.

just noted in my mind today that the next weekend will be an all round Saints vs geelong
Both Saints and Sandy Play geelong that weekend....

Sandy reserves Play this coming weekend in Ballarat- so I'm guessing a few ( and only Guessing) of the guys coming back from injury etc may get a game to have some consistent match Practice.

Luke Miles will be playing at Ballarat on Saturday...not sure about any others at this stage

Do they have rules for the split round, to prevent Lenny Hayes, DalSanto, etc playing for the VFL reserves. ( I put those names in for affect, but you know what I mean, there could be players they want to play a bit more, Nick Heyne has been on the bench a couple of weeks ).
I assume that those playing for the reserves can't play the following week in seniors.

Did Tommy S get rubbed out?

I've been waiting for a while to find out, and the VFL have finally made an announcement!

they will hold the hearing next week :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been waiting for a while to find out, and the VFL have finally made an announcement!

they will hold the hearing next week :rolleyes:
Gee hope he gets off. Not sure what he got reported for but him and Addam Maric were at each other all day. Would love to see him play against his brother at Geelong. I know the parents travel from Colac to see both boys and sometimes two games in a day and having both sons playing against each other would be fun to watch if Jon is as aggressive as Tommy.

Hadn't heard that Maddison was reported

Did he have a melee with himself???

Maddison Hardiman - Sandringham Reserves - Engaging in a Melee - Guilty - Fine
Mitchell Cuthill - Geelong Seniors - Striking - Guilty - 1 Premiership Match
Tom Simpkin - Sandrignham Seniors - Striking - To be heard 22/6/2010
Matt Moore - Casey Scorpions -Reserves - Rough Conduct - Guilty - 1 Premiership Match
Jonathon Morris - Coburg Tigers - Reserves - Rough Conduct - Not Guilty
Peter German (Coach) - Williamstown Seniors - Verbal Umpire Abuse - Suspended Fine for remainder of 2010

Can't be too promising for Tommy if the tribunal isn't able to spell Sandringham.

Unless it was with Morris of casey- who actually got charged with Rough conduct.... Maddison can be an angry ant(from what I've seen) so possibly lucky to get a fine..

Squizz could you post the fixture for the Zebs for the rest of the year. I'm coming down for the Filth game and I wouldn't mind catching a Zebs game as well. I might also be able to squeeze another trip to Melbourne. "The Handicapper" gets a bit ferocious if I go away without her, but she is always up for a few bribes if I can make it look like she is coming out ahead. I'd also need to know were the Zebs will be playing, I don't fancy a trip to Ballarat. Speaking of which, can you believe that North are thinking of playing some home games there! It would have to be the coldest place in Australia. Final ask are the Zebs scheduled to play at Gold Coast during the second 1/2 of the season?

"The Handicapper" gets a bit ferocious if I go away without her

Mine is long resigned to her destiny as the wife of a Saints Tragic.

Rd 10 Sun 27/6 vs Geelong at Sandringham 2pm
Rd 11 Sun 4/7 vs Williamstown at Sandringham 2pm
Rd 12 Sun 11/7 vs Werribee at Werribee 2pm
Rd 13 Sun 18/7 vs Box Hill Hawks at Sandringham 2pm
Rd 14 Sat 24/7 vs Gold Coast at Labrador 2pm
Rd 15 Sun 1/8 vs Northern Bullants at Sandringham 2pm
Rd 16 Sat 8/8 vs Port Melbourne at Sandringham 2pm
Rd 17 Sat 14/8 vs North Ballarat at Eureka Stadium 2pm
Rd 18 Sat 21/8 vs Bendigo Bombers at Windy Hill 2pm

Mine is long resigned to her destiny as the wife of a Saints Tragic.

Its tough on them, but mine still puts up a fight from time to time always coming back to me with her philosophical arguments and her utter incomprehension of why I barrack for a team that for all intends and purposes has won nothing in my lifetime.

When we lost last year and I was just totally devastated she showed genuine compassion and a side of herself that she had never revealed in 30 odd years of marriage. She really wanted the Saints to win for my sake. The whole thing in a strange way brought us even closer together.

A creeping resignation is entering her conscioussness that no matter what she has to live with me and in the background there is Roo and Kosi and Gilbo and Milneeeey and Red Bull and Lenny and bloody Raph and umpires and a whole language that she doesn't understand even after 30 years. My silent disappearances (to catch the games at the Pub when the Saints are not free to air) at odd times over the weekends. She threatened Divorce once over Foxtel. Its the inevitable acceptance that I love her , but I also love the Saints, thats sinking through to her, none of which is controllable.

From this she is beginning to understand why it is impossible for me to support any other than the Saints. If she loves me, as she does, there is no point fighting it, hence cut a bit of slack for the old fella, let him enjoy the present success of the Saints and if she can wrangle a few side benefits for herself in the process, well all the better.

Of course the PMT rule applies to the Saints as all other things in life. KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN AND BECOME AS INVISIBLE AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

Shit I got a bit carried away there. Anyway good advise to all you newly weds.

Reserves Game saturdaySaturday 19th June Eureka Stadium at 11:00 AM

Sandringham

B Smith-Cameron Gower Sands
HB Hunter Barnes Miles
C Andrews Bruno Winmar
HF Waller Lynch Allan
F K. Geary Boland T. Johnston
R McGrath Hardiman Dempster
Int Cathcart Shakallis O'Sullivan D. Jones Hallahan Stapleton

North Ballarat

B Fitzgerald Luke Keeble
HB Brayshaw Niblett Jewell
C Lynch McKenzie George
HF Micallef Linke Netherway
F Bell Orvis D. Orr
R Dillon Struth S. Orr
Int Todd Hickman B. Edwards Giampaolo Gervasoni

5 Saints listed Players but plenty of young talent aiming to improve for Senior Zebras selection.
http://www.theroosters.com.au/The-Club/eureka-stadium-ballarat.html

I can also confirm my household will not be receiving Foxtel broadcasts.

I worked out that I could get foxtel if someone got their mobile phone bill to a reasonable level, but the information was not appreciated.

Anyway, is there a rule in place that stops Miles, Lynch, Dempster from playing again in seniors a week later? ( Effectively playing two games in the same round ).

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back