MRP / Trib. Sam Weideman suspension (VFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

2 match ban with an early plea right?

If you're not going to try to pick up a ground ball then turn your body and collect your opponent in the head with your hip it's a pretty standard suspension.

If they're challenging the severity of the contact that makes sense. Grading high with no concussion is unlucky. I can't believe they think he'll get off completely though.

He braced for contact rather than went for the ball. If he was an elite player he would be fine, but my money is that he is gone.
He was running for the ball, and Lemmey slid in between him and the ball. He didn't brace for contact. Lemmey lead with his head into Weideman's hip.
2 match ban with an early plea right?

If you're not going to try to pick up a ground ball then turn your body and collect your opponent in the head with your hip it's a pretty standard suspension.

If they're challenging the severity of the contact that makes sense. Grading high with no concussion is unlucky. I can't believe they think he'll get off completely though.
How was he supposed to bend down and collect the ball when it's 2 metres away? He didn't turn his body at all. He was just running towards it. Lemmey turned into him.

If he doesn't get off completely it's a joke. He did nothing wrong. Lemmey did everything wrong. It should have been a free kick to Weideman.

He was running for the ball, and Lemmey slid in between him and the ball. He didn't brace for contact. Lemmey lead with his head into Weideman's hip.

How was he supposed to bend down and collect the ball when it's 2 metres away? He didn't turn his body at all. He was just running towards it. Lemmey turned into him.

If he doesn't get off completely it's a joke. He did nothing wrong. Lemmey did everything wrong. It should have been a free kick to Weideman.

Weideman was making no effort to go for the ball. At no point is he leaning over to get the ball and just before contact he braces. The Blues player is dropping down and was putting his hands out as he got hit.

A few years ago this would have been a football incident, but these days the AFL is going to go after you.

If Weideman wasnt bracing he would have a lot more of a chance. The AFL looks at bracing as being a sign of guilt now.

Weideman was making no effort to go for the ball. At no point is he leaning over to get the ball and just before contact he braces. The Blues player is dropping down and was putting his hands out as he got hit.

A few years ago this would have been a football incident, but these days the AFL is going to go after you.

If Weideman wasnt bracing he would have a lot more of a chance. The AFL looks at bracing as being a sign of guilt now.
It's hard to lean over the ball when it's not below you. It was still ahead of him when Lemmey slid into his legs.

He didn't brace for impact. He was running towards the ball. Lemmey slid into his legs.

Take the Essendon hating glasses off. Hard for you to do, I know.

It's hard to lean over the ball when it's not below you. It was still ahead of him when Lemmey slid into his legs.

He didn't brace for impact. He was running towards the ball. Lemmey slid into his legs.

Take the Essendon hating glasses off. Hard for you to do, I know.

And when the Tribunal uphold it I guess they are Essendon haters as well.

You really think I care that much about Essendon's VFL team (who Box Hill flogged) that I'd let that affect my judgement?

I had an argument with an Essendon supporter who was tipping Essendon to win 10 more games this year than Hawthorn. I was probably an Essendon hater when I said that was ridiculous. And here we are more than half way through the season and its 2.5 games...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't be serious.

The Carlton player is trying to paddle the ball as he's hit in the head by Weideman. The ball is bouncing around in their bodies as they collide and go to ground. Weideman was at the ball going at speed and never shaped to bend over and contest the ball with his hands.

And when the Tribunal uphold it I guess they are Essendon haters as well.

You really think I care that much about Essendon's VFL team (who Box Hill flogged) that I'd let that affect my judgement?

I had an argument with an Essendon supporter who was tipping Essendon to win 10 more games this year than Hawthorn. I was probably an Essendon hater when I said that was ridiculous. And here we are more than half way through the season and its 2.5 games...
You came in here, said some things that are blatantly untrue about an incident with an Essendon player.

You hate Essendon. I hate Hawthorn. Both things are true. At least I have guts to admit it.
You can't be serious.

The Carlton player is trying to paddle the ball as he's hit in the head by Weideman. The ball is bouncing around in their bodies as they collide and go to ground. Weideman was at the ball going at speed and never shaped to bend over and contest the ball with his hands.
Carlton player slides in front of him. Gets to the ball ahead of him, fumbles it away before hitting Weideman in the legs.

Weideman didn't brace for contact. He didn't elect to bump. He didn't do anything wrong. Lemmey did everything wrong.

You came in here, said some things that are blatantly untrue about an incident with an Essendon player.

You hate Essendon. I hate Hawthorn. Both things are true. At least I have guts to admit it.

Carlton player slides in front of him. Gets to the ball ahead of him, fumbles it away before hitting Weideman in the legs.

Weideman didn't brace for contact. He didn't elect to bump. He didn't do anything wrong. Lemmey did everything wrong.

He slightly braced for contact. Clearly thinking they were going to come together shoulder to shoulder. Then Lemmey acts like an idiot and slides in instead of keeping his feet.

I'm not sure what Weideman could do there - other than spectacularly leap over the bloke diving into him. I suspect this gets thrown out.

What happened to contact below the knees? Lemmey could've done serious damage to Weideman.
100% agree with you.
Also, the Carlton player slid into him and initiated the contact. Weidman didn't go to bump.
Also, Carlton player is in an unusual position that Weidman could not really do anything about. If he was upright, he only makes contact with torso.
Crazy decision.

100% agree with you.
Also, the Carlton player slid into him and initiated the contact. Weidman didn't go to bump.
Also, Carlton player is in an unusual position that Weidman could not really do anything about. If he was upright, he only makes contact with torso.
Crazy decision.

He got done.

I just don’t know how he was supposed to foresee the Carlton players action/made the conscious decision to bump?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back