Sam Mitchell missed the 'let's all move on' memo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell's apology was pretty cringeworthy. That whole cliche of 'i wouldn't want my children to witness that'. When i first heard that apology without seeing the incident I thought he king hit someone during the game. Pretty nothing sort of thing. Surprised it took so long to happen tbh.

Because the charges he was found guilty of related to aspects that didnt involve players. Eg when working at an AFL club you can't also run a peptides business
Hird should have clarified/reiterated that point when asked his thoughts about dank getting banned instead of refusing to answer. It may have helped show some separation between danks efc activity and his scam business activity.

How sensitive and precious these Bombers are.

An on field sledge is condemned by Mr Ego himself.

The elephant in the room (yes, the greatest mass systematic drug cheating scandal in sporting history) pales into insignificance doesn't it James. Thats right, it was just propaganda wasn't it.

Sleeping ok Jimmy?
He sleeps fine.

Ignorance is bliss after all.

Mitchell only apologised because it was brought up by the media. And it was piss weak of Mitchell to bring his family into the apology.

Mitchell should have been a man and refused to apologise.
Standard patter yacco regardless of who, what and when. EFC have bigger issues than this scoop.

I'm goingoing to Put a theory out there:

Jane's Hird has a bad poker face and smirks/smiles when he's bullshitting.

He did it again yesterday when talking about the Sam Mitchell thing.

Watch the first press conference when he and the board 'self reported' to the media.

Watch him fiddle with the pen when he bullshits. He goes nuts on the thing.

Because the charges he was found guilty of related to aspects that didnt involve players. Eg when working at an AFL club you can't also run a peptides business
And it is this outcome that really starts to make the sport look really silly.

Dank's mode of operation is exactly the same wherever he went. He also appeared to stick around longer at EFC (and as an empoyee/contractor no less), than just about anywhere else - yet nothing can stick.

The similarity of the letters of the two docs at Sharks and EFC was striking - yet the outcomes were almost dumbfoundingly, different.

Which makes the sledging perfectly understandable. Everyone keeps crapping on about the EFC players as victims, but to the core of the issue, THEY DIDN'T PERFORM THEIR MOST BASIC OF REQUIREMENTS.

I'm only suprised it has taken this long for all the OTHER victims of this saga - the players from the other 17 AFL clubs and the feeder state leagues, to finally start speaking out.

Your players WERE stupid. They collectively made a ****ing stupid decision and deserve whatever snide reminders and gestures they get.

Apologise Mxexxy for unloading on your post - not targeting yours' specifically, this is a storm in a tea-cup that is being used to further deflect from whatever finality we can get from this sorry saga.

I can see Gillon and co spamming this through their accredited mouth-pieces for the next week or more, to justify their manufactured outcome (at least once he's finished scamming the WAFL and WA out of more $ and conditions relating to the the new stadium).

I am accepting that the majority of your players were likely duped (senior leaders excepted) by your club, but so too have the other players in the league been duped by EFC.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good. About time we started seeing opposition players get into their heads.
Grind the cheats into the dirt I say.
How about when Heath Shaw had that epic brain explosion in the final against Port Adelaide? You could hear him in the effects mic saying to Monfries "hows things going with ASADA? you're gonna get kicked out of the game" - and the commentators were mad scrambling to talk over the top of him so us uncleansed plebs couldn't hear human beings exercise their freedom of speech.

No doubt it's been going on in every game. But we're not getting it because the producers are filtering what we see. You can't scare the children.

You are deflecting - The article was about using injections in sports science. And players are jabbed every week to play.

And it was poor of Mitchell to bring up his family in his apology - Actually Mitchell had no reason to apologise.

Hawthorn too weak to induct their doctor into Hall of Fame.
Mitchell's wife not good enough to go before the cameras and tell us about how badly her man was treated.
Hawks a joke of a club, no wonder they lack recent success!

Watch the first press conference when he and the board 'self reported' to the media.

Watch him fiddle with the pen when he bullshits. He goes nuts on the thing.
He's fidgets chronically. I think it gets worse when he is trying to maintain a calm face. He nail bites in the coaches box - I always pick up on it because I did as a kid and my mum was always telling me how bad it looks. After the Geelong & WC losses he kept scratching like he had fleas.

They should give him a prop like a sponsors drink or something - just to occupy his hands a bit. If it were 40 years ago he would be right because he could chain smoke or something, but acquiring a habit like that probably isn't the best PR idea for James in 2015.

That seems like something that the AFL team who employed him, and basically gave him carte Blanche to do whatever he wanted, should have been aware of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Mitchell missed the 'let's all move on' memo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back