Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seriously suggesting that a team with 6 players out of the best 22 losing to Geelong at their shitty stadium was somehow “mentally fragile”?

It's the same team Janus. We're mentally fragile until we prove we're not.

Geelong are going to finish 12th.

Mentally fragile teams make excuses, mentally strong teams just win.

Are you seriously suggesting that a team with 6 players out of the best 22 losing to Geelong at their shitty stadium was somehow “mentally fragile”?
Are you seriously suggesting that this team playing Richmond right now, is not mentally fragile?

You have become a parody of yourself and that's quite a feat.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone has now gone into their comfort zone now that their jobs are secure and have reached their goal of reaching the finals.

The players care more about saving daddy's job than actually succeeding in any way. Let that sink in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Update on the Monkey Paw.

Looks like that goal umpire not reviewing the goal in the Swans v Crows game has sent us into an alternate timeline and broken the curse.

That Dwayne Russell quote is so hilarious.

I guess it's now ok to go out in straight sets, he delivered the sugar hit of finals.
That's the culture that Ken and Koch are bringing to Alberton.
Finals = job done!

Kill me.

Of course it's an achievement to lift a team from 11th to 3rd. But "job done"?? You gotta be kidding :(.

Dwayne was peak-weirdo today.

Made mention early on that 1 flag in 25 years wasn’t enough for our fanbase, then later went on rambling monologues regarding Hinkley doing everything asked of him (presumably after Cos Cardone prodded the voodoo doll in his pocket).

Of course it's an achievement to lift a team from 11th to 3rd. But "job done"?? You gotta be kidding :(.
No it isn't. He's the one who took them to 11th.

If I had spent all of 2022 at my job going into work every day, shitting in my hand and clapping, and then going home, but then returned to my usual standard in 2023, that's not an 'achievement'. That's just fixing my own ****up.

They'll beat Brisbane, because they're not really expected to. They'll get away from the home town pressure cooker, bunker down in their cocoon, and win.
No they won't.

People's perceptions of Port under Hinkley are arse backwards. We're not a wildly inconsistent team that wins when we're expected to win and lose when we're expected to lose. We're the most boring predictable team in the league. We win when we should win and we lose when we should lose like 90% of the time.

In Hinkley's entire eleven seasons here I reckon we've had one massive upset win (Hawks in Melbourne in 2015) and one massive upset loss (Hawks in Adelaide last year). Other than that we're as easy a tip as there is in the league. We won't beat Brisbane in Brisbane and we won't beat Collingwood or Melbourne in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back