Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

It feels like the day after a Survivor tribal council blindside where we were hopeful we had the numbers and just got blown out of the water. Now we're scrambling at best, ****ed at worst.

I encourage everyone to come to the AGM if they can and protest. I encourage people to protest in round 1 and every round until he's gone. Get your paint and cheap bedsheets, Koch out, Hinkley Out, give us our club back, Finals are not a pass mark, quotes from the creed etc.

The AGM would be a very good rally point to kick things off.

Think I'll attend this year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I made the mistake of listening to Koch on 7 news last night, and I simply can't fathom his assertion that "Ken has developed these players like nobody else could." So he's basically suggesting that under Hardwick, Clarkson, McRae, Kingsley etc, this playing group would have been lesser players than they are today. I strongly disagree, and reiterate my belief that David Koch has to be the number one target - we won't get our club back until he's gone.

I made the mistake of listening to Koch on 7 news last night, and I simply can't fathom his assertion that "Ken has developed these players like nobody else could." So he's basically suggesting that under Hardwick, Clarkson, McRae, Kingsley etc, this playing group would have been lesser players than they are today. I strongly disagree, and reiterate my belief that David Koch has to be the number one target - we won't get our club back until he's gone.
Ken is sooooo good at developing players that every offseason we need to bring in a missing piece that any other club could’ve developed, and we have to pay a premium because it’s usually key position players that we lack in.

I don't think he's bad at developing players. I think he's pretty good at it actually. Hinkley has always had two problems. The first problem is that he's not a good strategist, although this can be overcome with good assistants. The second problem is that he's unable to create a winning mindset in his team - and there's no way to overcome that and it repeatedly gets shown up on the big stage.

All you had to do was kick that goal Sicily ONE JOB!

Although I guess Expat and the clappers would've been denied their Wonder Years moment.. living the dream

Would it have mattered?

Does it mean nobody could have done it so badly and he ends up looking like Rev Jim Jones?

Probably not. The pass mark was making the finals. What happens during the finals is of no consequence apparently.

I risk saying that it was Finals, if it indeed were, then it was because Tredrea was elected.

To many within the club, Hinkley has CREDIT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like my NRL Sharks of years past, we have a losing culture. The issue is that everyone in charge thinks this is OK. It's only going to hurt when the $ dry up, and that's pretty much the only thing us "members" can influence.

Sack Hinkley, but then go ahead and remove all of his protectors.

It's going to have to wait until we have member control. How on earth do we make that happen?

The second problem is that he's unable to create a winning mindset in his team - and there's no way to overcome that and it repeatedly gets shown up on the big stage.
If that was the case then why did Bell Park win the Grand Final in 2003. The data doesn’t lie, checkmate MATE!!!!

I don't think he's bad at developing players. I think he's pretty good at it actually. Hinkley has always had two problems. The first problem is that he's not a good strategist, although this can be overcome with good assistants. The second problem is that he's unable to create a winning mindset in his team - and there's no way to overcome that and it repeatedly gets shown up on the big stage.
Wait a second I cannot think of one player who has come in, coaches have worked with him over a long period and has come out a very good player. The closest I can think of, is Amon but he always had that kick which was and still is his only weapon.

And what exactly is the point of getting excited about trade week? We'll over pay for some other team's cast offs, whilst getting a stale sandwich for a dual AA. We'll then claim the list is the best ever until we fall off a cliff around R15, and extend the least successful coach in the sport's history because "he can't kick it for 'em".

I'm interested in this because its one of the great myths of Hinkley. I am open to listening, I want examples of our great leader developing players. If you say Butters or Horne-Francis expect to be tiraded....or Rozee.

All you had to do was kick that goal Sicily ONE JOB!

Although I guess Expat and the clappers would've been denied their Wonder Years moment.. living the dream
Wouldn't have made a difference. The pass mark was getting into the finals. The fact that we won a final, due to a slightly inaccurate kick, was only the sweetener.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back