Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise Chris Scott was the front runner for that position a couple year prior until we fleeced him for Primus?

Are you saying he’s not high quality and an example of us struggling to attract coaching talent?

If the board didn’t fk it up and go for the easy option again perhaps we would be in the Cats position the past 12 years.

But don’t let that get in the way of a good story between you and Ken once again.
I know full well that Chris Scott was favourite to become Port's new coach in 2010, and that Hinkley was favourite to become our new coach in 2010 as well.
Just imagine how things would have panned out in the alternate universe where Port hired Scott and we hired Hinkley.

I'm merely pointing out the fact that no one wanted to coach Port in 2012, hence why Hinkley was the last man standing.
Who's to say that Port won't find themselves in the same boat again if they choose to fire Hinkley and look for a new senior coach?

I know there's a plan to hire Josh Carr, but I don't think he is the answer and Kane Cornes shares a similar opinion.
Port's midfield has been torched in the three finals they've played since Carr has been the midfield coach.

I know full well that Chris Scott was favourite to become Port's new coach in 2010, and that Hinkley was favourite to become our new coach in 2010 as well.
Just imagine how things would have panned out in the alternate universe where Port hired Scott and we hired Hinkley.

I'm merely pointing out the fact that no one wanted to coach Port in 2012, hence why Hinkley was the last man standing.
Who's to say that Port won't find themselves in the same boat again if they choose to fire Hinkley and look for a new senior coach?

I know there's a plan to hire Josh Carr, but I don't think he is the answer and Kane Cornes shares a similar opinion.
Port's midfield has been torched in the three finals they've played since Carr has been the midfield coach.

Equally, who’s to say that we wouldn’t find someone better than Hinkley?

Thrilling conversation hey!

... because Kane Cornes wants to keep Hinkley (and, by consequence, his brother) employed.

You do realise self-interest is a thing, right?

And that midfield has been carrying the club for the past two years.

Look at where Port was in 2022 prior to Josh Carr's hiring. And look at where Freo is AFTER Carr left for Port.

So, yes, you can say that an INJURED Zak Butters failed to play out the match (and Rozee sucked but he's been useless all year), but I don't know how you can make the argument that the midfielders choked when EVERYONE (maybe besides JHF and Boak) sucked.

And that this club has choked PRIOR TO Carr's hiring.

Kane's argument is about self-interest, plain and simple, so saying "because Kane Cornes says" is worth less than nothing.

Nice to see you are aspire to be a media troll like Kane Cornes rather than a garden variety shit for brains troll.

Imagine going into exit interviews after a second consecutive straight sets exit and a 0-5 September losing streak since the 2021 Qualifying Final, and being told by Ken Hinkley that you no longer have a spot on the list, or a place in the coaches box/football department.

You’d laugh in his face.
Seeing I would have just been sacked, I would have no hesitation in telling him, "I look forward to going to a club that has a decent head coach."

I've had a few people say to me "You can't replace Ken with an untried AFL Senior Coach" Which makes no sense at all. But they are also unable to process my response that Ken himself was untried AFL Senior Coach when Port hired him.
Yeah but look at how that turned out?

Honestly Ken Hinkley is probably the biggest living piece of evidence as to why you shouldn't hire a guy like Ken Hinkley.

Isn't the story that we said no to Scott because he told the board that we needed to spend money in the footy department (whereas Primus was good with part time assistant coaches) for the club to then turn around a year later and decide oh shit we actually do need to put money here if we want results?

How bizarre was it listening to a coach who knows he won't be at the club next year telling everyone he will be and following it up by telling everyone that Houston will also be at the club next year when he also knows that Houston won't be.

We are a comical club. Just end this charade of a finals series and cut the cord on this whole era.
Along with saying Burton will be playing tomorrow, when he know he wasnt!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you even get involved with this...

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley is daring Hawthorn to attack star midfielder Zak Butters's sore ribs in their semifinal.
"I say go for it," Hinkley told reporters on Thursday.
"Unlike some people, I know Zak is a tough player, a really tough player.
"He won't take a step backwards."

We all know that Zac is tough but why plant the seed in the opposition's mind even if it is a retort to a stupid Kornes comment? I guess the question is rhetorical as the answer is because you are Ken Hinkley. Kane Cornes was fishing for such a response and Hinkley took the bait.

You Victorians need to get your heads out of your asses mate! The Port of 2012 and the current club are two totally different beasts! One, a bottom club on its knees financially and about to be culled from the comp, and the other, a financially strong, perennial finals contender, with 70,000 members. There will be a line up of good quality assistant coaches wanting the job.

This from Rucci on the PAFC website...

Yeh right Rooch, KEN HINKLEY has lived a clear-cut philosophy since the revival began at Port Adelaide in 2013 - "Never give up".

What revival is that Rooch? Do these guys believe the bs that appears on the Club website?

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley is daring Hawthorn to attack star midfielder Zak Butters's sore ribs in their semifinal.

We all know that Zac is tough but why plant the seed in the opposition's mind even if it is a retort to a stupid Kornes comment? I guess the question is rhetorical as the answer is because you are Ken Hinkley. Kane Cornes was fishing for such a response and Hinkley took the bait.

Melbourne sent petracca back on with an exploded spleen and internal bleeding. Zaccy couldn't come back after half time because of some sore ribs.

I don't think he'll be winning most courageous player next year somehow

At best hinkly is cringeworthy
This comment takes it to a new level.
The quality of his comments show me he is falling apart at the seams. He knows that Mitchell has got the players and the game to tear this club apart. hinkly is clueless and for him to think he has a shot at next year is disgusting to say the least. I call fraud!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back