Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s all the list apparently according to Menzel..

We peaked in 2021?

They say this every time we have a Hinkleyesque performance. Then as soon as we win a couple of games suddenly we're Flag ready.

Hinkley himself has said multiple times over the last 2 years this is the best list he's had, and he spent a lot to plug holes in the offseason. The list cannot be an excuse for this loser.

They say this every time we have a Hinkleyesque performance. Then as soon as we win a couple of games suddenly we're Flag ready.

Hinkley himself has said multiple times over the last 2 years this is the best list he's had, and he spent a lot to plug holes in the offseason. The list cannot be an excuse for this loser.
I used to think it was all about the list. The coaching was a problem, but the list also was weak. I don't believe that anymore. I don't believe that our list is any worse than others. Yes other teams have some strengths we dont, but geez we have a good group.

It was highlighted with Collingwood last year, but again, look at the Swans this year. It's not just an absolute roll call of stars. Their key forwards are Amartey, McLean and McDonald. That's no better than our group. Can our mids compare with Heeney, Warner, Gulden, Mills, well the midfield we have on paper absolutely should be able to. They have an elite small forward, we only have Rioli, and down back they have Blakey where we have Houston. The rest of their backline is far from some sort of dominant force.

1719459827625.png

I mean no matter how you cut it, it really isn't a list problem. I'd love to have Brogan in ruck, Tredrea up forward and Sam Taylor down back, but no team is ever stacked perfectly. Our squad and group is good enough if they have the right gameplan and the right mindset. However we're a mentally fragile, poorly coached side, with zero ruthlessness, and weak values and questionable desire.

I used to think it was all about the list. The coaching was a problem, but the list also was weak. I don't believe that anymore. I don't believe that our list is any worse than others. Yes other teams have some strengths we dont, but geez we have a good group.

It was highlighted with Collingwood last year, but again, look at the Swans this year. It's not just an absolute roll call of stars. Their key forwards are Amartey, McLean and McDonald. That's no better than our group. Can our mids compare with Heeney, Warner, Gulden, Mills, well the midfield we have on paper absolutely should be able to. They have an elite small forward, we only have Rioli, and down back they have Blakey where we have Houston. The rest of their backline is far from some sort of dominant force.

View attachment 2031531

I mean no matter how you cut it, it really isn't a list problem. I'd love to have Brogan in ruck, Tredrea up forward and Sam Taylor down back, but no team is ever stacked perfectly. Our squad and group is good enough if they have the right gameplan and the right mindset. However we're a mentally fragile, poorly coached side, with zero ruthlessness, and weak values and questionable desire.

Yep, agree completely.

There is an aura about "Premiership players" but every modern premiership side is full of role players who would never have amounted to anything at a shit club under a shit coach. Plenty of the recent premiership sides have look bog average a year or two before or after their flag with mostly the same list.

Sadly I don’t think he’s going in the next week or anything .

The club wouldn’t be hysterically ringing 5aa to tell off Tredders if they weren’t all on the same page . They want this fire out. If he was about to be sacked and it was a done deal already they would have let that call slide and wouldn’t be bothered with how Tredrea presented himself.

He’s obviously gone but unless we have a few repeat floggings I think we’ll be waiting til the end of the year for our present
I think the club hierarchy underestimate the resolve of Port fans to get this done. If they think this is just another spot fire that can easily be extinguished, they're in for a rude shock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2031531

Rowbottom is awesome

It will cost a lot to sack him
But will cost more to keep him

If it’s a “list” problem, then why have we had no success in 12 years will a completely turned over list? The only thing that has remained the same, is the coach.

I still don’t believe Ken goes before the end of the season (and it will be on his own terms)

It will cost a lot to sack him
But will cost more to keep him

If it’s a “list” problem, then why have we had no success in 12 years will a completely turned over list? The only thing that has remained the same, is the coach.

I still don’t believe Ken goes before the end of the season (and it will be on his own terms)

Nah if there is more booing, a loss and a flat team just once more this year that looks lost on the park like last week he's cooked.

At the moment, the media and club mouthpieces are trying to angle it all as a supporter expectation problem, ungrateful, unrealistic, pitch fork angry mob that are anti vic.

And Ken and his manager think that this will surely lead to a better reception from the fans at the Bulldogs game next week?

dodgeball-strategy.gif

he said he more bad years then good???

he debut in 2001 and finished 2015

Finals 8 /14
2001 3rd
2002 1st
2003 1st
2004 premiers
2005 8th
2007 2nd
2013 7th
2014 5th

missed finals 4/14
2006 - 12th
2008 - 13th
2009 - 10th
2010 - 10th

really bad seasons 2/14
2011 - 16th
2012 - 14th

Absolute bullshit

we have finish bottom 4 once in our AFL era and are the only club with out a spoon.

the idea we have been this lowly club for our AFL exisitance is a myth.

alot of mediocre seasons sure but really bad teams? spare me.

the cash saved us. not hinkly

i stutter to think how we would go with donuts as coach and the footy budget choco had or Primus
Explains a bit his position though - its one of recency bias.

He remembers as a player his most recent lets say 5 seasons, where he had 3 years in 10th or worse before Ken, and two seasons in the 8 with Ken.

As is the case with many media types he's simply not capable of a serious analysis of the bigger picture.

Can confirm Sharaz_Jek was banned from the Port subreddit /r/weareportadelaide

It’s a bit weird how often a supposed Hawks supporter posts about Hinkley and/or Kornes. I never once saw him post about the Hawks, the team he supposedly follows.
Hawk fans probably hate Hinkley because they hate anything Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back