Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately the guy was poor in his argument.

Yep, the answer to "do you think we can contend with a change of coach" should have been a clear yes. We've seen other clubs do it from further back. The players are obviously not playing for the coach this year. I'd have gone further and argued that if we made the change right now, we could contend this season. You could then go from there to saying why waste another season on a coach who the players don't show up for?

When the caller blanked a bit on that question it allowed Kane to fall back on his usual "aww not sure if it's the right time maybe it'll make us worse" bullshit. Which is all he's got at the moment.

I'm honestly terrified of a win this weekend.

Have never wanted us to lose so bad.

I can see the Dogs beating us, but a Saints loss would be monumental.

Unbelievable that after this long it has come to this.

We were underdogs on sportsbet so I bet on us. At least my sportsbet account will be happy if we pinch a middling win.

Yep, the answer to "do you think we can contend with a change of coach" should have been a clear yes. We've seen other clubs do it from further back. The players are obviously not playing for the coach this year. I'd have gone further and argued that if we made the change right now, we could contend this season. You could then go from there to saying why waste another season on a coach who the players don't show up for?

When the caller blanked a bit on that question it allowed Kane to fall back on his usual "aww not sure if it's the right time maybe it'll make us worse" bullshit. Which is all he's got at the moment.
He should have flipped it back on Kane.

Do you think we can win the flag next year with Ken?

Also from 2021...
FB_IMG_1719455425774.jpg

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah sadly we haven’t had a caller make the obvious case yet which is: Ken has fired all of his shots, everyone knows he is gone, why are we wasting time when he could be installing the next coach to enact their vision and reignite the potential of this list.

People are overly focused on Ken’s faults and getting their pound of flesh, the whole game at this point is to endure the best conditions for the incoming coach. Change the narrative.

Last edited:
Yeah sadly we haven’t had a caller make the obvious case yet which is: Ken has fired all of his shots, everyone knows he is gone, why are we wasting time when he could be installing the next coach to enact their vision and reignite the potential of this list.

People are overly focused on Ken’s faults and getting their pound of flesh, the whole game at this point is to endure the best conditions for the incoming coach. Change the narrative.

There was a really good caller after the GWS finals loss last year who stayed strong and made his point really well.

Found it:

That was cathartic to listen to again so many months later. Louis nails it.

Kane Cornes outlines his full thoughts on where the club is at and what happens next with Ken Hinkley

📻 SEN 1116

View attachment 2031411
"Nobody listens, nobody understands!"

The arrogance of Kane is unbelievable.

They heard you say that the team had a great chance of winning the flag in the midst of Ken's contract issues. They heard you agree with Chris Davies and Ken that the team stinks.

It is delusional for him to pretend that he doesn't pump up the tires in the good times and scapegoats Ken's assistants and players during the bad times.

Glenelg loser.

All the turmoil and toxicity needs to happen, we need this whole situation to really blow up and backfire on the people that led us down this path.

At the moment, the media and club mouthpieces are trying to angle it all as a supporter expectation problem, ungrateful, unrealistic, pitch fork angry mob that are anti vic.

Whilst I'm actually happy and hopeful its getting to this, the festering wound is being exposed, it's still a bad look. I wonder if it will have ramifications on prospective coaches, sponsors and players?

Either way, the club is trying to angle it through the media as an us problem, the reality is, they've been the ones in charge, they've been the ones calling the shots.......this whole situation and shitshow is totally their doing, and Kens head should absolutely not be the only one to roll here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Look, I probably have not posted as much as other posters here. I have a long way to go to be as good a poster as gbear, but any time you don't post enough you get a chance to learn, any time you post a lot you get a chance to learn. It's just how much learning you need. As far as the quantity of posts are concerned, well, there were some numbers that were pretty easy to see if you look at the numbers ... they were posting aggressive and continue to post aggressive but what they did when they posted aggressive was continue to turn up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just overstayed his welcome by a long margin. He goes 5 or 6 years ago and everyone is like yeah cool no hard feelings. However over that 6 year patch is when it got very cult, started seeing fans potted for questioning and exposing the greyhound clique. He has bought this on himself and so has everyone at the club who enabled it.

The lot of them can go fornicate themselves. Your legacy will be everyone remembering how the last 11 years were a bizarre fever dream of total incompetence and hubris. You wont be missed, you wont be honored. The people who matter (the fans) will remember you, generation to generation as the most pathetic administration in the life of the club.

You think you are saviors, remember 2011/12 derpyderpderp. Guess what? We will sure as hell remember this era as significantly worse. Why? Because you took the club from us, tore its soul out and then installed a giant commode throne for Ken Hinkley.

I wouldn't give this era the steam off my own piss. Never come back, you are not welcome.

Duncanson, Haysman etc on the other hand? Always a spot by the fire. Because they were in it with us. Not against us.
The day Ken leaves, there'll be a massive party even if he's the only casualty that day. Imagine the celebrations if Koch, Richardson and Davies disappear into the sunset with him - the party would continue until Ken Cunningham becomes a successful public speaker.

The day Ken leaves, there'll be a massive party even if he's the only casualty that day. Imagine the celebrations if Koch, Richardson and Davies disappear into the sunset with him - the party would continue until Ken Cunningham becomes a successful public speaker.
We should all go to the precinct as soon as it’s announced .

View attachment 2031225

People currently over 50 posts

Sharaz Jek is not a Port barracker.
Can confirm Sharaz_Jek was banned from the Port subreddit /r/weareportadelaide

It’s a bit weird how often a supposed Hawks supporter posts about Hinkley and/or Kornes. I never once saw him post about the Hawks, the team he supposedly follows.

Can confirm Sharaz_Jek was banned from the Port subreddit /r/weareportadelaide

It’s a bit weird how often a supposed Hawks supporter posts about Hinkley and/or Kornes. I never once saw him post about the Hawks, the team he supposedly follows.

That would explain a lot

It's a valid reality.

Sacking Ken isn't a guarantee of success.

But it is taking a risk and chance.

We 100% know Ken can't win us a flag. We don't exist to be competitive. We exist to win flags. As such we require change. Not just sitting here and keeping the status quo of not being able to reach the pinnacle.
Keeping him is guaranteeing that we will have no success. And that's why he MUST be sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back