Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sack Hinkley 11 - thunderpants is wrong

The problem with the thunderclouds, Ken Oaths, Rucci, Kane, and those who grant the club immunity from consequences, is there are never any red lines for them.

But if Ken was to somehow fluke a flag from here, we’d never hear the end of demands to queue up and apologise, admit how wrong we were, hand in our memberships/fan cards and never dare to show our faces at Alberton ever again.

On the flip, 12 years and counting go down the drain, myriad opportunities and careers are p¡ssed away, the club is increasingly considered a soft, downhill skiing laughing stock — a situation they actively enable, cheer for, and defend — and, what of it?

We could lose a home Prelim by 100 points, or take a winless wooden spoon on Hinkley’s watch, and they’d just shrug their shoulders and pretend it never happened.

It’s absolutely nutterbutters behaviour.

It might be hard for a lot of us to go back. Some of those "i'm not coming back until Koch and Hinkley are gone" members are just never coming back, and these are people who previously bled black and white and pumped countless time, dollars and emotion into supporting the club.

I hope the casuals with their one game memberships who "didn't follow the footy that much" in 2012 are worth it.
I did the `I'm not coming back until Koch and Hinkley are gone,' bit when I pulled the pin 4 years ago, and I haven't been anywhere near Alberton since then.
Before that I was a regular purchaser of merchandise, attended most Alberton games, and would have lunch there at least 5 or 6 times a year and often outside the footy season as well.

I will probably take up some form of membership when they do eventually go, but I suspect I'm one of those who may never be able to rekindle their original passion for the club!

Last edited:

The problem with the thunderclouds, Ken Oaths, Rucci, Kane, and those who grant the club immunity from consequences, is there are never any red lines for them.

But if Ken was to somehow fluke a flag from here, we’d never hear the end of demands to queue up and apologise, admit how wrong we were, hand in our memberships/fan cards and never dare to show our faces at Alberton ever again.

On the flip, 12 years and counting go down the drain, myriad opportunities and careers are p¡ssed away, the club is increasingly considered a soft, downhill skiing laughing stock — a situation they actively enable, cheer for, and defend — and, what of it?

We could lose a home Prelim by 100 points, or take a winless wooden spoon on Hinkley’s watch, and they’d just shrug their shoulders and pretend it never happened.

I’ve been thinking about this and the only way I can rationalise it is those people (Kornes, Wheatley and the Footy Dept) put their personal interests above the club to the extent that they don’t care if we repea the horror of 2012 unless it impacted those people as a result

Kornes changed his twitter handle to “Glenelg FC player” when it suited him he’s always been divided on how he feels about the club I think
I’d be surprised if Wheatley even knew more than a cursory amount about about port prior to Kenny ™️
Hinkley well need I say more than Co-captains
Davies was essentially an SANFL appointment/plant
Koch to quote Marko Ramius “I don’t there’s any room in Kochie heart for anyone but Kochie”
Richardson who I think advocated for the PAMFC as the true PAFC at one stage

You get the point all the people pulling strings or recording sound bytes fundamentally don’t care about the port WE know they only care about the people they played with/work with/frigged themselves over in Ken’s Geelong days

If they were all honest with themselves they agree we ARE

A little battler from Alberton
This isn’t the SANFL anymore/just be grateful we let you play in our league
Don’t agree with the clubs claims of being as successful as we claim to be because we come from a backwater like Adelaide

Underneath the veneer of it all I’m convinced how I’ve characterised their views of Port is way closer to the truth than the alternative

Waiting for Hinkley to finally break and smear faeces over the sponsor screen at the post match presser. Kane and Whateley to call him stunning and brave.
Would be the least amount of shit pedalled at a Hinkley post-match presser in many a year.

Sad thing... Your 100% correct.

Surely the title of the 11th thread is " Sack Hinkley 11 - I don't know their players that well"
Bottom Ten Ken is probs what it will be. We may be in the bottom 10 as well after this weekend.

I did the `I'm not coming back until Koch and Hinkley are gone,' bit when I pulled the pin 4 years ago, and I haven't been anywhere near Alberton since then.
Before that I was a regular purchaser of merchandise, attended most Alberton games, and would have lunch there at least 5 or 6 times a year and often outside the footy season as well.

I will probably take up some form of membership when they do eventually go, but I suspect I'm one of those who may never be able to rekindle their original passion for the club!
I think so many were holding on to the club by a thread at the end of last year, and if we'd just gone to Carr for 2024 there would have been hope, and those links could have been re-built with time. But I think that yet another extension has irreparably damaged that link forever for so many.

This is the first year I've pretty much stopped watching, I barely see more than a quarter a week. Last week I think I turned the game on and after 5 minutes I decided to spend my spare time just watching something else. Its the first year I honestly couldn't name our whole list, I barely even know who we drafted last year. I haven't watched even a minute of SANFL. Its so hard to keep wasting time and energy on this futile garbage when the step that needs to be taken has been clear for at least 5 years and we just burn season after season and player after player for no reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken to help zelensky win the Ukraine premiership is just what he needs to get the fire back in the belly.....literally. Russians are scary, fight hardery for longery, you get what you deserve and, there are some learnings there. Will go down well over there.

Zelensky Hinkley comparisons aren't far off.

Poor Zelensky Hinkley, he hasn't got the weapons.

On the flip side, Russians do enjoy a good game of Putinball. Trying to flat track their way to victory, continues burning through players, crumbles under pressure and gets no public criticism by the orange man from Florida.

On the flip side, Russians do enjoy a good game of Putinball. Trying to flat track their way to victory, continues burning through players, crumbles under pressure and gets no public criticism by the orange man from Florida.
Has photos of his contemporaries engaging in scatman scheisse pr0n.

Interestingly Theo D on Talking Footy discussing Hinkley's future post-Port Adelaide. Even mentioned the record number of games with no grand final.

Linked him to Tasmania or director of coaching role at Gold Coast.

Interestingly Theo D on Talking Footy discussing Hinkley's future post-Port Adelaide. Even mentioned the record number of games with no grand final.

I can see this happening. Hardwick is looking for guidance and Ken would be able to impart so much knowledge on how to be a success.

I can see this happening. Hardwick is looking for guidance and Ken would be able to impart so much knowledge on how to be a success.
Yeah that makes sense, Ken "12 years without a GF appearance" would be of huge value to Damien "3 times premiership coach" Hardwick.

Of all the predictions people make on this forum, I hope this one is dead wrong.

This is written on the wall a long time ago.

Unfortunately, the only chance for El_Scorcho to be wrong is Koch abandoning ship before it happens.

Unfortunately, it's going to need something concrete and special to bring people like you back.

It won't happen with the current constitution, under AFL control. First, we will need to get the club back and elect the right people. Only then we will be able to go after them.

Yeah that makes sense, Ken "12 years without a GF appearance" would be of huge value to Damien "3 times premiership coach" Hardwick.

To be fair there are strong parallels between Hinkley and Hardwick’s careers. Both were unfairly maligned for many years, with the club ultimately repaid for showing faith in their coach with achieving the ultimate success. (Hasn’t happened for Ken yet, but a little more faith should see him get over the line)

To be fair there are strong parallels between Hinkley and Hardwick’s careers. Both were unfairly maligned for many years, with the club ultimately repaid for showing faith in their coach with achieving the ultimate success. (Hasn’t happened for Ken yet, but a little more faith should see him get over the line)

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

declaration of independence nbc revolution GIF

Concussion is not a light hearted matter, I suggest you take 20 minutes of this forum for a thorough assessment.

Hinkley will never be offered another serious gig and he knows it. Seventeen other clubs are hoping he's still at Port's helm for a while yet, while Tassie has fingers crossed that the narcissist Koch won't sack him before the Devils join the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back