Toast Ryan Lester 200 Game Tribute Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

1722207647889.png

Congratulations to Ryan Lester, 'The People's Champion' on the eve of his 200th Game for the Brisbane Lions.

The purpose of this thread is for supporters to record their messages of support and appreciation for one of the most dedicated and resilient players ever to pull on our jumper.

Let the love flow for #RyanLesterThePeoplesChampion

#LesterArmy #Lester200 #Lesternista #FrogMarch #LesterCompulsiveDisorder #LesterFiveYearDeal #Lesterism #Lesterites #LesterDynasty #LesterBreaksLines #LesterInterceptMarkKing #LesterSpeedMachine #YouveBeenTackledByLester
#LesterWonItForUs

Last edited:

Brownie has been great on Fox Footy. He is always complimentary about Ryan Lester's achievements. As an ex-teammate, I imagine he has a stronger understanding of his qualities than most.

Hard work, staying focused on his role and continues to thrive even in 30s.

Article below captures the essence of what Lester is all about - and the quote in particular.

For the past four years, Lester has thrived on one-year contracts.

“I go into every year thinking, ‘righto, if this is my last year, what do I need to do so I’m ready to transition?’ After four years, I’m more than ready to transition. It’s just a bonus that I’m still playing.”

Ryan Lester - The Miracle on Grass

The other thing about Ryan Lester is the list of greats that he has played with and the amazing moments he has been part of. Here he is celebrating the Miracle on Grass win with his teammates in 2013.

For the record, that day he had 16 Disposals that day and laid 4 tackles, in what was a solid game.

Ryan Lester - The Miracle on Grass

The other thing about Ryan Lester is the list of greats that he has played with and the amazing moments he has been part of. Here he is celebrating the Miracle on Grass win with his teammates in 2013.

For the record, that day he had 16 Disposals that day and laid 4 tackles, in what was a solid game.

How bloody good?

Certainly squeezed the most out of his ability...

Compliments that are just reworded insults are just plain out mean and nasty.

If you have nothing genuinely good to say how about you stay off this thread.

Your post has really annoyed me.

Sheesh.

Ryan Lester is an inspiration to the Lions organisation and supporters, but should be even more widely recognised for sure!

Thanks for the thread 3KZ is Football.

Players like Ryan who can play any position often are underrated.

His quite confidence of yep, I'll do that for the team during his early years meant he wasn't given the opportunity to develop his specific position. And we have seen how important that is for our current newbies. Who are lucky to be coming into a highly functional team.

Ryan really got a difficult path.

But his talent, attitude and hard work overcame all those disadvantages and he is now a genuine top 22 player in one of, if not the, best teams in the competition.

Ryan, you at a legend in the Lions community and it has been a privilege to watch you career. You deserve all the accolades that are coming your way. If deserving a premiership medal is a thing, you name is at the top.of that list.

All the best, hope you have a great win over the Saints enjoy the celebration with the people who have helped and supported you along the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compliments that are just reworded insults are just plain out mean and nasty.

If you have nothing genuinely good to say how about you stay off this thread.

Your post has really annoyed me.

Sheesh.
I know why you are annoyed but at the same time I see it as kinda true and actually a massive compliment on Lester. He has really done it harder than most and been close to the scrap heap for a long time. But he's kept his head high and just kept busting on. He has played what ever role he's needed and led the VFL with zero complaints. He has absolutely left nothing on the park to deservedly get back in the seniors and then show he is a vital component of a top team going into finals after finals series.

He's exactly the sort of player I'd like my son to look to as an example. He's not the super talented and sometimes lazy super star who gets gifted games. He's the guy who busts arse, does the team jobs and now gets the reward. A true clubman

I know why you are annoyed but at the same time I see it as kinda true and actually a massive compliment on Lester. He has really done it harder than most and been close to the scrap heap for a long time. But he's kept his head high and just kept busting on. He has played what ever role he's needed and led the VFL with zero complaints. He has absolutely left nothing on the park to deservedly get back in the seniors and then show he is a vital component of a top team going into finals after finals series.

He's exactly the sort of player I'd like my son to look to as an example. He's not the super talented and sometimes lazy super star who gets gifted games. He's the guy who busts arse, does the team jobs and now gets the reward. A true clubman

That's a much nicer way to say it.

I believe I have posted this before, but around 2015-16 I was working with one of his school mates, and said trier - but I don't reckon he will last much longer. How wrong I was.

Ultimate clubman, and ultimate story of perseverance and getting the best out of yourself.

Pity he will be lost to the game because he would have to be a good coach, in some capacity.

Congratulations Frog. 250 is not impossible.

Lester’s physical durability should see him continue after this year. Based on current form, he would have to get another year.

I have alluded to this on multiple occasions, but apart from his role as a defender, Lester is playing the ‘Backline General’ role Hodge and Birchall were drafted for, except he is doing it better. His tactical nous and leadership in defence is on show every game as he directs traffic in the backline as we transition out of defence. His are the safest pair of hands that we have in that role. Lester’s high football IQ is just another asset he brings to our team. We can’t afford to lose his smarts.

Probably the most accurate example of an honest player. But hovers somewhere above that now.

Unfairly harboured harsh feelings towards him years ago after his snap on goal to win the game down at Geelong didn’t get a metre off the ground and was marked on the line.
Hindsight I was more disappointed we didn’t win against what was and still is a very smug crowd.

Probably never on big bucks either.
Underrated achievement.

Lester’s physical durability should see him continue after this year. Based on current form, he would have to get another year.

I have alluded to this on multiple occasions, but apart from his role as a defender, Lester is playing the ‘Backline General’ role Hodge and Birchall were drafted for, except he is doing it better. His tactical nous and leadership in defence is on show every game as he directs traffic in the backline as we transition out of defence. His are the safest pair of hands that we have in that role. Lester’s high football IQ is just another asset he brings to our team.
Great sentiment 3KZ although I disagree that Froggy is "doing it better" than Luke Hodge re backline general duties, Hodge was instrumental in his 2 years and 41 games with us in building the great on and off field club culture and team structures we have now.

I have alluded to this on multiple occasions, but apart from his role as a defender, Lester is playing the ‘Backline General’ role Hodge and Birchall were drafted for, except he is doing it better. His tactical nous and leadership in defence is on show every game as he directs traffic in the backline as we transition out of defence. His are the safest pair of hands that we have in that role. Lester’s high football IQ is just another asset he brings to our team. We can’t afford to lose his smarts.
Particularly when we are so vulnerable in KPD stocks.

Gardiner and Doedee are coming back from ACLs and neither could be assured of being tried upon no less playing consistent footy. Jack Payne clearly has a foot concern and has yet to play a full season. It’s probably too much of a stretch to say he’s injury prone but we need Lester’s leadership because outside of the Chief there is only the uncontracted Joyce who has only played 18 career games and ZZ who has yet to play an AFL game.

Unless we bring in another KPD, be it a rookie or player from another club there is no way we could afford to Lester.

Every teams needs someone who is dependable every week. Highs and lows are not extreme.
A great foot soldier who always does the team thing and is the heart of the team.
For us that has been Ryan Lester.

I think once he settled into the same role week in and week out he has improved immensely.
The right hand man to Harris who can always depend on him week in and week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Ryan Lester 200 Game Tribute Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back