Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
The running over the tent theory is speculative but if he did it will be obvious - bones would be badly damaged.

If he didn’t, then it begs the question how he did it. The refs to his love of firearms steers you towards a shooting, but that may well have been heard.

He could have, say, knocked Russell out then easily overpowered Carol. That wouldn’t leave much blood, but if he used a weapon, odds are there would have been bloody clothes etc to dispose of.

In that case, his family might have realised there were items missing from that date. Will be interesting to find out.

They wouldn't have known about the hema maps device. That would have been one of the first things they recovered post arrest.
Ahh but it was featured in one of his facebook videos. If they were watching him closely, they would have picked up on that and I am sure searched for accounts he had with any nav app (Hema/Garmin etc)?
JMHO

One of the issues I have with the running over the tent theory aside from avoiding hitting the car or tree which I've previously mentioned is that when you look at the burnt out pictures of the tent, none of the structure poles etc appear to be bent or damaged in a way that would suggest some type of major impact. Though that said, I don't know what a run over tent should look like.

tentcrashafter1.png

No flame intent taken :) I think each of the snippets of info they have released over the past few months were intended to to flush him out - either to record him doing/saying something to incriminate himself, or as I suspect, giving his family/friends cause to start questioning how all the snippets were adding up. I'm placing money that the argument with his wife was over just this and her urging him to go to police.
I agree they were not ready to arrest him, and had to on the concern that he may have thought his goose was cooked and harmed himself - another reason why I think he has given them information. Otherwise, they would have acted earlier if they had enough to charge him. JMHO

Totally didnt think to attach him going ham and the info drips publicly etc. This is clear as day this part. Probable/possible ( i know i know) and this is clearer than say the tent and it being driven over...which has consumed me now :F

Some tents he could drive into and not break and well yeah (seperate note i know haha)

I reckon Hill drove up by himself to stake the campsite … so confronted Lynn when he arrived back up with Carol… then they argued.

Hill then sets up camp and started flying his drone which aggravated Lynn more..
Lynn then confronts Hill again and a fight breaks out over illegal drone flying.

Carol gets caught up on fight trying to get Lynn off Hill.

lynn kills them both.

Lynn covers up the crime scene with the fire..

Puts the bodies in the trailer …

Poles in those type of tents are usually DAC (flexible with memory) whereas poles in larger tents, tend to be aluminium and bend/crack. Still not sold on the tent being run over theory though...the burnt silhouette doesn't fit with a tent that has been knocked over from one side, it's too square...as if it just dropped where it stood (also consistent with the condition reported by the person who took the now infamous first photo).

Ahh but it was featured in one of his facebook videos. If they were watching him closely, they would have picked up on that and I am sure searched for accounts he had with any nav app (Hema/Garmin etc)?
JMHO

This is highly likely. With these Nav devices you must turn on your tracks so they are recorded. It is popular to do this so you can re-trace yourself if needed. But it is also common to delete your tracks after sometime as they consume memory. What we do know though is they obtained the exact location of the remains whilst he was in custody. This is very powerful in determining his guilt in some way shape or form. So I don't see a question of guilt now I only see a case of why and how it all went down? So he will have told them why he did it, it wasn't premeditated, it was a confrontation that went bad because Hill didn't back down or agree to Lynn's demands. The staked campsite theory is also a good one as apparently on 60 minutes they said Hill and Clay didn't camp on the river because it was already taken. So if Hill staked it out earlier perhaps Lynn removed it when he arrived? That's another powerful motive as Hill would have confronted Lynn if this occurred. It is also possible they knew of each other because of earlier camping visits. In one way it seems these 2 were always on a collision course with each other.! :think:

Last edited:
This is highly likely. With these Nav devices you must turn on your tracks so they are recorded. It is popular to do this so you can re-trace yourself if needed. But it is also common to delete your tracks after sometime as they consume memory. What we do know though is they obtained the exact location of the remains whilst he was in custody. This is very powerful in determining his guilt in some way shape or form. So I don't see a question of guilt now I only see a case of why and how it all went down? So he will have told them why he did it, it wasn't premeditated, it was a confrontation that went bad because Hill didn't back down or agree to Lynn's demands.
Provocation is no longer a defense to murder in Victoria (revoked 2005)..it can only be considered a mitigating factor. So he's hedging his bets if that's the case.
Re the tracks...I think it's likely that anyone, even an experienced 4wder would use a nav app to find their way through those track in the dark. Particularly if he's gone the way I think he has. Whether he recorded them or not (and then deleted them) is another matter. JMHO

Loving the robust (and respectful) discussion here btw! :)

This is highly likely. With these Nav devices you must turn on your tracks so they are recorded. It is popular to do this so you can re-trace yourself if needed. But it is also common to delete your tracks after sometime as they consume memory. What we do know though is they obtained the exact location of the remains whilst he was in custody. This is very powerful in determining his guilt in some way shape or form. So I don't see a question of guilt now I only see a case of why and how it all went down? So he will have told them why he did it, it wasn't premeditated, it was a confrontation that went bad because Hill didn't back down or agree to Lynn's demands. The staked campsite theory is also a good one as apparently on 60 minutes they said Hill and Clay didn't camp on the river because it was already taken. So if Hill staked it out earlier perhaps Lynn removed it when he arrived? That's another powerful motive as Hill would have confronted Lynn if this occurred. It is also possible they knew of each other because of earlier camping visits. In one way it seems these 2 were always on a collision course with each other.! :think:

How long can you stake out a location for? And how would anyone know?

Poles in those type of tents are usually DAC (flexible with memory) whereas poles in larger tents, tend to be aluminium and bend/crack. Still not sold on the tent being run over theory though...the burnt silhouette doesn't fit with a tent that has been knocked over from one side, it's too square...as if it just dropped where it stood (also consistent with the condition reported by the person who took the now infamous first photo).

Thought Kurve being jokes, did laugh , my bad. I wonder as to you mentioning it collapsing, it was said before that its how it looked, when there was also possible fires started in the cab, usb iirc was talked of.

i am sure thats been mentioned with what you said. Yet since the update on the amount of metal in the fire, i cant remember if there was visible differences in pictures.

You shot the infamous pic ? I have you down as the wrangler musterer so far :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were only really prompted to think of driving over the tent when we were looking at what kind of a defence he could raise in framing it as an accident that could take them both out at the same time.

Wheres his boots ? This is my sticking point. Or was it dooners for example...

Put them in bags for moving would be the smart move, contains elements, person(s) dosent have to see them, if stopped/passing chances it looks like meat sack and yes i am over thinking it.

I have seen winches attached to offroaders so there is always that regarding moving them, as barbaric as it sounds, winches are not out of place.

Yep, boots and empty portaloo. Both for me, I just can't see the portaloo unused before bed at least once. Unless GL cleaned out the portaloo and took RH's boots as some sort of cleanup exercise - never having been in that situation I'm not sure what I'd do, as I have a propensity for leaving our own site tidy before we go for a walk or drive, not sure I'd cleanup someone else's dunny though!

We were only really prompted to think of driving over the tent when we were looking at what kind of a defence he could raise in framing it as an accident that could take them both out at the same time.

I didnt to be fair but i will take it :F

Also if Hills motor was used then we now have possible round trip calculations we can use on the trip odo

JMHO

Australia has some pretty loose privacy laws when it comes to this sort of thing compared to other countries. The police would still need to have a basis to access his data I would think. That’s if he was using the cloud app and not just the device.

Thought Kurve being jokes, did laugh , my bad. I wonder as to you mentioning it collapsing, it was said before that its how it looked, when there was also possible fires started in the cab, usb iirc was talked of.

i am sure thats been mentioned with what you said. Yet since the update on the amount of metal in the fire, i cant remember if there was visible differences in pictures.

You shot the infamous pic ? I have you down as the wrangler musterer so far :D
Nope, not my pic. Associate :)
If the tent had been run over, I would expect that there would have been scorch marks outside the footprint area where the material would have collapsed in one direction. Just my speculation.
Personally, I'm leaning toward CC being at the tent (perhaps nesting/preparing meal) while RH was flying drone from a point somewhere away from tent but in the vicinity. Altercation ensues over drone, RH gets taken out - I'm going with blunt object, then CC is done as collateral damage back at the tent before she can raise alarm/react. Both are bundled into the tent, rolled into sleeping bags. He packs up camp and gets ready to leave but waits until it's well dark. I'm suspecting there was CCs blood on the tent and possibly items around the door, plus if he's been in the tent a high chance of his DNA too - that's why everything was thrown in and it was torched. JMHO

Australia has some pretty loose privacy laws when it comes to this sort of thing compared to other countries. The police would still need to have a basis to access his data I would think. That’s if he was using the cloud app and not just the device.
if assumptions of him being recorded/surveilled are correct, then they had enough for warrants. Hema is an Australian company so no need to go offshore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back