Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com

www.bigfooty.com

Last edited:
You've mentioned this before, but the 2 events are unrelated.

The odds of you and I meeting there this weekend are huge. But assume we have met there and one of us dies - it is a completely new set of odds as to whether it was an accident or not. Those odds would change if one of our partners was there and also died. It has nothing to do with how unlikely the meeting was in the first place.

Compare it to conception. The odds of 1 particular sperm reaching the egg and fertilising it are 2 million to 1. But once it has happened, there is new set of odds as to whether it will be male or female. Then you have different odds as to the likelihood of twins etc.

Despite the unlikelihood of the initial meeting, we know categorically that it happened.

And what are the odds that two parties unrelated to each other are involved in a crime ending in death in somewhere as remote and vast as Wonnangatta Valley?

I doubt there's ever been a similar case.

And what are the odds that two parties unrelated to each other are involved in a crime ending in death in somewhere as remote and vast as Wonnangatta Valley?

I reckon it would happen more than you think, being remote and far removed from society and the law means people doing things that they wouldn't in 'society'.

Look at all the weird murders in outback Australia.

It also happens in the middle of the city all the time so why not the valley. Just today a road rage incident, victim gets out of his car to confront the other driver. Said driver doesn't exit the vehicle but runs the victim over and kills him. Classic case of losing one's temper ending in death. You keep saying it'll never happen again, off course it will it's human nature.

What are the odds of each of the alleged incidents ending in accidental death?

Multiply them together.

Subtract from 100%.

That’s how confident you are that Lynn is guilty of murder.
He could have spun the same story without touching the bodies or the camp and contacted the police immediately. Might have got away with it too. Now, though…

Agreed, very small.

But that has nothing to do with the odds or probability of accident versus deliberate act/s.

They are 2 totally unrelated events. We know absolutely for certain that they did meet, so the odds are 100% now. What happened after that is not affected by the initial unlikelihood of meeting, in a probability sense.

I reckon it would happen more than you think, being remote and far removed from society and the law means people doing things that they wouldn't in 'society'.

Look at all the weird murders in outback Australia.
The Kehlet case in Sandstone WA is one of them. Both disappeared while camping, Ray was found in the bottom of a mine shaft, Jennie has never been found. The man they were camping with the main suspect, no charges.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's has been admitted to the Victorian Bar and is a "silk" since 2001

The Victorian Courts changed their titles from SC to QC about 10 years ago, most senior barristers applied to the Governor of Victoria to be admitted under the State's Letters Patent as Queen's Counsels and following Lizzie's death, Queen's Council changed King's Council by dent of the changes to the Victorian Letters Patent

He may not applied to the Governor of Victoria to be known as a QC and wished to remain known as a SC (Senior Council)

My posts are generally too long and I was writing for effect in this instance; is a Supreme Court Justice and 2 senior barristers took manslaughter off the table better?
Are you 100% sure he’s a silk? Can you find something to substantiate that claim?

Any reference to him on OPP or Vicbar makes no mention of SC/KC.

You seem to know your stuff but I like evidence 😏

Are you 100% sure he’s a silk? Can you find something to substantiate that claim?

Any reference to him on OPP or Vicbar makes no mention of SC/KC.

You seem to know your stuff but I like evidence 😏

Mr Porceddu signed the Bar Roll in 2001.

He has appeared on behalf of the DPP regularly over the last 15 years, and more recently he appeared on behalf of the Northern Territory’s DPP as the Acting Senior Crown Prosecutor.

He has a background in both prosecution and defence and has spent a significant amount of time in the County and Supreme Courts as a Senior and Junior Counsel. He has appeared in a wide range of trials, including complex fraud, drug trials and appeals.

I've lost my Mars Bar...i expected end of day 2 in the poll...😔🤣

Peter Falconio - remote random encounter with Murdoch

The music wasn’t very memorable apparently.
As if you wouldn't remember the music two people died by,I know I associate music with significant events( none this significant thank God ) .I reckon the loud music thing is a furphy.He just wove it into his story to make the whole tale plausible.We have to remember that aside from the evidence parts the rest could all be just cobbled together over 18 months-he had this as a major preoccupation in his life for all that time.

As if you wouldn't remember the music two people died by,I know I associate music with significant events( none this significant thank God ) .I reckon the loud music thing is a furphy.He just wove it into his story to make the whole tale plausible.We have to remember that aside from the evidence parts the rest could all be just cobbled together over 18 months-he had this as a major preoccupation in his life for all that time.
I agree and at the least remember what you cranked up to annoy someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with this equation is the fact that two unrelated parties, both seemingly of high standing in their respective lives, ended up in a confrontation in the vast open expanses of the Wonnangatta valley. The odds on this are exponentially low.
I bet there isn't another case of two unrelated parties being involved in a random crime for no logical reason in such a vast, remote place.
Odds increase a bit with two of the three people who were there, not usually together and not known by relatives to be together that day — get out the logarithm tables

Yes, this also occurred to me; the article did mention evidence of some force which, as you’ve suggested, tells a lot about the angle at which the shot was made.

Application of basic trigonometry and physics of motion could provide some insight into the position of the weapon.
Pity they didn't use that basic trigonometry to test the possible trajectory.
It should have been a naturally required process of investigation by the police forensic team to test ALL various scenarios and then we might have the critical answers to questions and ideas that are now being posed. It seems the relevant forensic team let the team down IMO.

And it would all depend on exactly/precisely where the slug/bones/mirror pieces (the extras) were located in March 2023 as well; I haven't seen a scene map that reveals that information. The 'extras' could have been moved around accidentally (by kicking or being picked up and placed back down,caught in tyres or camping equipment) by 'others' visiting the site and not realizing small pieces of skull (I have read the size) were human and not animal. Television crews had been onsite as well and likely tree removalists (a large tree in the centre of the camp was removed) and camp tidy up crews probably had made site visits.

What a failure not to go over the site sooner, with ground penetrating radar machines and hand held radars. It could also be possible that the damaged slug that was located in 2023, was not one that was fired on 20th. Maybe the CC DNA contamination of that damaged slug, came about due to CC bodily fluids coming into contact with it on the 20th. It could have been left there by another shooter at another point in time, either before the 20th or after the 20th. Could the fired slug still be at the site? IMO the answer to that question is yes.

The site went through 2 winters before the 'extras' were located so frost heave is a real possibility that explains why the damaged slug was buried approximately 1-inch into the soil profile. Perhaps part of the soil profile had also been moved around and altered, when the RH campsite was 'completely' cleaned up by scene cleaners.
Agree...it was a PPP by forensics/ballistics on this one.
Camp tidy up crews? LOL not in the Wonnangatta Valley...you'd be lucky if Parks restocked dunny roll in the long drop let alone cleaned up
Ballistics tested Lynn's shotgun and matched the slug, I'd think while there might be spent lead all over that valley, it's unlikely the slug in these circumstances came from anywhere else but Lynn's shotgun.
Do you have a source for this? I don't think you can match a deformed slug to a shotgun as the slug doesn't come in contact with the barrel (happy to be corrected) or even a cartridge for that matter as shotguns are smooth bore unlike other guns that take bullets and have a rifled barrel.

Pity they didn't use that basic trigonometry to test the possible trajectory.

Agree...it was a PPP by forensics/ballistics on this one.
Camp tidy up crews? LOL not in the Wonnangatta Valley...you'd be lucky if Parks restocked dunny roll in the long drop let alone cleaned up

Do you have a source for this? I don't think you can match a deformed slug to a shotgun as the slug doesn't come in contact with the barrel (happy to be corrected) or even a cartridge for that matter as shotguns are smooth bore unlike other guns that take bullets and have a rifled barrel.

I think it came from the podcast where the ballistics guy said he tested Lynn's shotgun by firing it and the slug ended up the same as the one they found. It was a bit curious which is probably why I remembered it.

Listening again later so when I come across it, I'll post what episode and where.

Back