Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Something worth looking into from Whirlpool forum.After spending over 3 hours with Greg today I'm exhausted ,can someone else help please....

"He may well have been commenting on websleuths up until a week or so before his first visit from the police. Some very sus posts there by a ‘Ramjet’

Actually just a couple of posts after his final contribution someone posted "hey Ramjet, were you camping in that area at that time?"....

And he never posted again."
Slowly catching up after time away..can you post link, i couldn't find on Whirlpool🤔

Did find him here though, pages 5-8..copped a bit of ridicule from regulars..

Slowly catching up after time away..can you post link, i couldn't find on Whirlpool🤔

The guy couldn’t help himself hahaha

I was convinced for sometime that Ramjet was Lynn - or it was someone connected to the Lynn family.

I was wrong. Ramjet is not Lynn nor, from what I can tell - connected to the Lynn immediate family.

Unlike - it would appear - some interlopers on here recently.

Last edited:
I have just had a quick look over the Coroner's findings in the inquest into Catherine Viergever's death. The Coroner mentions that there was a degree of financial stress, which could have been the motivation for the 'murder-suicide'. There was a proper crime scene investigator on the scene, and the only logical outcome the Coroner could make was that Mr Viergever shot his wife and then himself.

I highly doubt that Lynn is involved in this one, and (IMHO) it is just a bit of click-bait from John Silvester who usually does a better job than this...

I do think that Lynn had a great deal more to do with the death of his ex-wife though.

If you concede that Lynn may well have been involved in Lisas death and add Hill and Clay to that body count, along with two dead dogs and the pet pig, and the threats to kill, that is a body of evidence that to my mind swings the pendulum towards Lynn being more likely, than not, to have been involved in other suspicious deaths, if it is eventually substantiated in a new inquest that he made credible threats.

I fully admit that those allegations have not as yet been tested in court or an inquest - I am confident there will be a new inquest and these will be fully examined.

If you concede that Lynn may well have been involved in Lisas death and add Hill and Clay to that body count, along with two dead dogs and the pet pig, and the threats to kill, that is a body of evidence that to my mind swings the pendulum towards Lynn being more likely, than not, to have been involved in other suspicious deaths, if it is eventually substantiated in a new inquest that he made credible threats.

I fully admit that those allegations have not as yet been tested in court or an inquest - I am confident there will be a new inquest and these will be fully examined.
They need more than threats though don’t they? Police might have some evidence to open a new inquest but they need evidence that GL was involved in the deaths, for it to be referred for charges.

Last edited:
Good morning folks…on the week’s countdown to the 19th maybe we could do a poll for length of sentence? Kurve and/or as Zidane pointed out, whether he’ll appeal?

Last edited:
That's also the last day to appeal is it not?
Hmmm… I can’t remember the day of the verdict. But the request for appeal deadline was to be 28 days from then.

Edit: verdict was Tuesday 28th May - so 28 days would be Tuesday 23rd following the handing down of sentencing. Interesting times!

Wonder if DD will appear and if he’ll arrive back from his overseas jaunt with a nice tan? Presuming it was a tropical bliss, while we wait it out in the chilly winter 🥶

Last edited:

Oh now I get why GL locked the car and took the keys. He wanted to make it look like they’d gone for a walk with the drone.

Mrs V may have used the facilities there for her horse/s, there was agistment and boarding.

I don't think she was objecting to land being cleared looking at her gardens which were traditional English and a wise choice up there, they do well in bushfires as many trees in English gardens repel flames. They don't go up like gums.
I think they planned their garden to be a fire protection zone in case of devastating bushfires (like those that have hit the area in the past).
1720748539914.png

The fire that was connected to their deaths, started in the north-western part of the house. the top of both screen shots taken from google earth, is N point. Both screenshots have been taken from an April 2007 aerial.

1720748681742.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The recent 60 Minutes programme that featured Bronwyn Will was most helpful in pinpointing certain locations. I don't think the actual house they honed in on for aerial shots was the actual house the Lynn family lived in. The below screen shot shows the location of the Lynn property relevant to the 99 Zig Zag. Not direct neighbours of the V family as some articles have implied.

Will said in the 60 Minutes programme the Lynn family lived opposite where she lived, so any of the 'opposite' houses could have been where Will lived. The below GE aerial shot is using April 2007.

1720749287708.png

I wonder who the man that spoke with Lisa Lynn at the Macedon Hotel was and what the 'point' of his discussion with her was about? Was his discussion with Lisa 'friendly' or 'antagonistic'? Did Lisa meet Annie V through Annie's involvement in some sort of process that involved Macedon Lodge plans of redevelopment from horse training to (human) tourism resort facilities?

The recent 60 Minutes programme that featured Bronwyn Will was most helpful in pinpointing certain locations. I don't think the actual house they honed in on for aerial shots was the actual house the Lynn family lived in. The below screen shot shows the location of the Lynn property relevant to the 99 Zig Zag. Not direct neighbours of the V family as some articles have implied.

Will said in the 60 Minutes programme the Lynn family lived opposite where she lived, so any of the 'opposite' houses could have been where Will lived. The below GE aerial shot is using April 2007.

View attachment 2045870

Anybody on Zigzag Road, many on 20 acre blocks, would know each other, have exchanged phone numbers and be considered neighbours. It's important to know who your neighbours are up there and to be able to contact them immediately if needed.

I lived on the mount for a long time.

Sorry, Which document?
I was referring to if she was awake, she wouldn’t stay in bed lying down if someone was going to shoot her.
I was considering that Mrs V would have possibly heard 4 gun shots and I assume a lot of commotion and still lying in bed.
As someone else mentioned, maybe slept through it.
Sorry lost internet connection just as I edited to include the link. Here it is - the coronial findings Ms V's death.

Anybody on Zigzag Road, many on 20 acre blocks, would know each other, have exchanged phone numbers and be considered neighbours. It's important to know who your neighbours are up there and to be able to contact them immediately if needed.

I lived on the mount for a long time.
Many people don't realize this 'neighbour' expression could mean distance familiarity, not over the fence familiarity. I too had a connection to the area, through visiting and staying at a property of a friend numerous times.

Surely at this point the only link between GL & the Zig Zag Rd murders is simply the fact that he lived in Mt Macedon at the time plus possibly knew the family.

On that basis the entire local community could be suspects in a possible murder. This all seems a bit click baity red herring to me.

Valium, it wouldn't be unusual for someone with a history of anxiety to have valium in their system.
Depends on how they're prescribed. Ideally they are not a medication to be prescribed long term, typically short term or as required (e.g., at onset of a panic attack). Of course many GPs disregard this and prescribe for longer term uses. Either way benzos and alcohol together is going to sedate

Surely at this point the only link between GL & the Zig Zag Rd murders is simply the fact that he lived in Mt Macedon at the time plus possibly knew the family.

On that basis the entire local community could be suspects in a possible murder. This all seems a bit click baity red herring to me.

Lynn would definitely have known Mr and Mrs V I'm sure, they lived on the same road at the same time Lisa Lynn died.

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back