Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if he can be tried for manslaughter of RH?

Probably not because a Supreme Court Judge already removed that option and that would be used by the defence. Someone with a better grasp on the technicalities of this might be able to flesh this out a bit more.

The Hill family must be very disappointed but there's no reason they can't sue his estate for damages in a civil suit.

Its great news, could have been better but I am happy with at least one Guilty verdict, I am thinking that the jury do think he is also guilty of RH death but due to the lack of evidence couldn't convict, I will be the first to admit I don't understand law, could they have been hung on RH or would the Judge just tell them to keep going

Apparently family of ex wife are wanting a new inquest into her death.
The jury must have decided that RH instigated a confrontation with GL, was killed accidentally in that confrontation. That now gives GL a motive for murdering CC - covering up his involvement in the death of RH. You can sort of understand that reasoning.
Not really, if there was an accident you’ve got nothing to hide, became a murderer instead.

There is no proof that Hill died at Lynn's hand.

There is independent evidence that Clay was shot by a shotgun slug and the jury obviously believed that the gun was wielded by Lynn
He didn't stab himself. If the knife went into him in a wrestle with Lynn, there's no way of knowing who pushed it in. But Lynn must have been part of it.

Probably not because a Supreme Court Judge already removed that option and that would be used by the defence. Someone with a better grasp on the technicalities of this might be able to flesh this out a bit more.

The Hill family must be very disappointed but there's no reason they can't sue his estate for damages in a civil suit.

This is unlikely to go anywhere. Hill's 74, retired, adult children. Plus it seems the jury decided he stated the confrontation with GL.

Apparently family of ex wife are wanting a new inquest into her death.

Not really, if there was an accident you’ve got nothing to hide, became a murderer instead.

For someone like GL with a pilots license - yes you do have something to hide. I can see that being a motivation even in an accidental death scenario. He knew there's nobody within a few kms of his camp making the decision to dispatch CC as a witness much easier.

Perhaps it's not that they believed his story about RH, it's that there was no evidence to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

This. The number of people who seem to completely misunderstand how the justice system works is astounding.

The prosecution had to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Lynn murdered Hill. Lynn didn't have to prove anything. No one had to believe his story in-full even, just enough of it to muddy the waters of the prosecutions case.

Does anyone know if he can be tried for manslaughter of RH?

As good as a guilty verdict is for CC, I feel RH’s family have been a bit ripped off by the NG verdict for him
Where is the evidence presented that Hill died at Lynn's hand?

Both murder and manslaughter charges rely on the basic premise that someone's actions resulted in another person's death.

Without evidence to that effect, Lynn cannot be charged with manslaughter either,

Im suggesting that, given dearth of evidence, the Prosecution are counting this as a win.

The "vibe" does not win Murder trials

This is unlikely to go anywhere. Hill's 74, retired, adult children. Plus it seems the jury decided he stated the confrontation with GL.

Oh come on ... Lynn killed disappeared a husband, father and grandfather then he dismembered, burned and crushed him up where they had no idea what had happened to him for nearly two years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For someone like GL with a pilots license - yes you do have something to hide. I can see that being a motivation even in an accidental death scenario. He knew there's nobody within a few kms of his camp making the decision to dispatch CC as a witness much easier.
I get a lot of people think this but makes no sense to me.

Life stage shouldn’t really matter though, should it?

Even if RH started the confrontation, it’s a scary thought that potentially telling someone to stop being a dickhead with a gun at a campsite then means it’s your own fault if you then die as a result of that convo… still murder (or at least manslaughter) IMO, but I understand there was not enough evidence in the prosecution of the murder charge

Oh come on ... Lynn killed a husband, father and grandfather then he dismembered, burned and crushed him up where they had no idea what had happened to him for nearly two years.

CC's family will have more of a claim. GL found guilty of murder, and she was definitely not involved in the confrontation.

For those who don't know the process here: there will be firstly a plea hearing (date yet, to be set) where the defence presents a plea and then the judge sentences after that.

So sentencing is some time away, possibly 2 months.

If there is an appeal then GL will run the risk of re-opening the case to being sentenced for two murders not just the one.

Just watched abc, stated Lynn's lawyer has gone overseas on a preplanned trip and he has 28 days to appeal, interesting dd did the hard yards then pisses off before the verdict is read out

FWIW usually the lawyer who appears in court doesn't actually do all the administrative and procedural stuff.

Last edited:
Herald sun has lots of stuff that wasn’t allowed to be played in court, also looking into the ex-wife’s death, glad he is done for at least one, has to get life with a 23-30 minimum..
he will appeal and hopefully it fails, judge seemed to be right on top of things legally, sell your house now old mate and pay dunn… he almost pulled it off for you.

I get a lot of people think this but makes no sense to me.

What do you think the headlines would have been? Jetstar pilot involved in confrontation resulting in death would have ended his career pretty much. Because it was a random encounter in such a remote location it made the decision in a split second easier for GL to dispatch CC as a witness. I assume that was the line of reasoning for the jury.

Back