Rules you would like to see implemented

Remove this Banner Ad

Revert the 3rd man up and 1 meter rule at ruck contests.

Ruckman are going to engage either way. So it's a superfluous rule that just wastes time to enforce.

And allowing the 3rd man up again allows the ball to be cleared from congestion alot easier.

Throw the ball front on at throw ins and like it isnt hard doing it backwards theres too much guesswork.

Just throw it in like they do in rugby union do it front on.

Flash up on the socre board when there is 2 mins left of the quarter would be good or even at the 15 min mark of each quarter.

• Get rid of push in the back and just have hands in the back.
  • Deliberate Out of Bounds should be against any player that assists the ball over the line unless it's from a marking contest or tackled out of bounds without prior opportunity.
  • incidental high contact is play on.

Throw the ball front on at throw ins and like it isnt hard doing it backwards theres too much guesswork.

Just throw it in like they do in rugby union do it front on.

Flash up on the socre board when there is 2 mins left of the quarter would be good or even at the 15 min mark of each quarter.
Its easier to throw it higher backwards and you get more power. In Rugby Union the ball doesn't go as high and the throw needs to be flatter and straighter. Throwing the ball front on would make it harder for the boundary umpire.

When a player gets chased down with clear prior opportunity, falls forward and gets a free for in the back.. pay it holding the ball.

So frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree with the tackling thing
Pay more holding the ball .

They penalise the sling tackle but players only use the sling tackle when blokes like Bont try and hold the ball for a hundred spins when they are tackled.

The big name players seem to get away with more spins as well. They just hold the ball in the tackle no matter what.

It's worse in the women's game. They just hold it hold it hold it. Then a ball up. Drives me mad

I also want a last "genuine touch" out of bounds rule.

Small touches then sure throw it in

Everything else then opposite side gets a free .

Constant boundary throw ins and ball ups get very boring
Spoiling marks, smothers, shots at goals and trying to keep the ball in play can be thrown in. Rest opposition kick-in.

No rule changes without at least 3 years trial at at 2nd tier comp unless legally required (health and safety type stuff).

undo as many previous rule changes as possible.

severely limit the interchange bench. ( again, by undoing rule changes)

I like the idea of a black net behind the goal and behind posts.

Like to see a laser on the top of the goal and behind post as well so that if the ball travels right over the post it can be called correctly ala Anthony rocca 2002 GF was a goal but the goal umpire who wasnt in the right position called it a behind even though was just on the goal side of the post above post height.

A goal Pies would have won the 2002 flag instead goes down the other end and Aka gets a goal and end of story.

Must have a laser beam.

I like the idea of an extra 6 points for any goal kicked out side the 50m arc.

Also a tad longer goal square as well by 1 extra metre.

I like the idea of a black net behind the goal and behind posts.

Like to see a laser on the top of the goal and behind post as well so that if the ball travels right over the post it can be called correctly ala Anthony rocca 2002 GF was a goal but the goal umpire who wasnt in the right position called it a behind even though was just on the goal side of the post above post height.

A goal Pies would have won the 2002 flag instead goes down the other end and Aka gets a goal and end of story.

Must have a laser beam.

I like the idea of an extra 6 points for any goal kicked out side the 50m arc.

Also a tad longer goal square as well by 1 extra metre.
Nah Rocca missed

Like to see a best of 3 Grand finals my self like a play off like they do in baskeball best of series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back