Rudest/Nicest player you've met?

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Varcoe is a wonderful person.
On two separate occasions I have happened to find his wallet.

First on the golf course, they were still playing up further ahead so it was promptly returned.

A couple years later found it again on a footpath. Handed into the football club. Recognising it was the 2nd time the same person had helped him he got me a few mates a KP corporate box for a game. Out injured at the time he spent the whole game watching it with us. Lovely fella.

While the reasons were understandable at the time, sad day when he left for Collingwood.
I find it bizarre that you found his wallet twice. What are the odds.

I'm not sure it makes him that great a bloke to sort you out with a box for doing that, if he'd shown his appreciation the first time then maybe!

Met Shane Biggs in the toilets at the Forum at the Kolsch gig a few years ago and we had a good chat, asked him about his pet budgerigar Keith . Either Dale Morris or Matthew Boyd have the middle name Keith which was some sort of running joke at the club. Libba has a tattoo of Keith on his leg. The budgie that is. Those whacky boys.

Anyway, Shiggsy told me the budgie was giving him the sh1ts and he wanted rid of it. Later I went to preseason training and he remembered me.

Libba on the other hand - I was a bit worse for wear at a beer garden in Fitzroy. He was there with his heavily pregnant missus and I think that bloke who presents Mastermind on SBS. I tried having a chat but he gave me a terrifying death stare and refused to talk. Clearly off duty.

That's the second Bulldogs player to give me a stare, Lindsey Gilbee caught my eye at preseason training & wouldn't stop . I don't know why. It was uncomfortable. Maybe it's because I'm beautiful.

First on the golf course, they were still playing up further ahead so it was promptly returned.

A couple years later found it again on a footpath. Handed into the football club. Recognising it was the 2nd time the same person had helped him he got me a few mates a KP corporate box for a game. Out injured at the time he spent the whole game watching it with us. Lovely fella.

While the reasons were understandable at the time, sad day when he left for Collingwood.

Are you his personal assistant?

Imagine being Biden's PA. That must be a busy and stressful job. I guess he has more than one.

I find it bizarre that you found his wallet twice. What are the odds.

I'm not sure it makes him that great a bloke to sort you out with a box for doing that, if he'd shown his appreciation the first time then maybe!
He did the first time as well.

The surprising part with the 2nd time was that when it was handed back to club staff they called him and he came down from training.

He and the club staff organised a voucher for the club restaurant (now demolished), so the box invitation with tickets was very surprising to see in the mail a couple weeks later. Hand signed by Travis.

Rudest

David Neitz
- Absolute FIGJAM and biggest sleazebag I have ever seen in a nightclub. Most players tend to keep to their groups. Not "Neeta". Spent the whole night trying to pick up young girls. He was probably in his last couple of years of his career so was nearly bald. Wasn't a good look.

I knew a girl who did sex with Neitz back in the day, after he picked her up in nightclub . She brought him back home. She was short and petite and Neitzy kept picking her up and throwing her about the bed in different positions. She had to stop the sex and say 'Neitzy this is getting annoying, will you just pick one position and go for it?' I don't know how he reacted to that.

He was recovering from injury & was wearing a knee brace. He left it behind and she contacted him to retrieve it but he never returned. It lived on the balcony for a while.

I knew a girl who did sex with Neitz back in the day, after he picked her up in nightclub . She brought him back home. She was short and petite and Neitzy kept picking her up and throwing her about the bed in different positions. She had to stop the sex and say 'Neitzy this is getting annoying, will you just pick one position and go for it?' I don't know how he reacted to that.

He was recovering from injury & was wearing a knee brace. He left it behind and she contacted him to retrieve it but he never returned. It lived on the balcony for a while.
Gary Coleman What GIF

Yeah, was surprised to see an earlier post in here saying David Neitz was a prick. I worked in a bottle shop in uni and he'd just started his brewery, he came in a couple of times for rep stuff and was more helpful and a man of the people than the usual little Melbourne Uni shits who'd do rep stuff.

They had those pull up banners and would have to cart in a table full of merch and beer and I asked if he needed a hand. 'nah this is my job! I'm sure you've got plenty to do.' small shit but he'd always say please and thank you if he needed to borrow the wifi or use the kettle or something.

Would always leave a few beers for me as well. they were pretty horrible though...

Anyay he's probably one my favourite non-Dockers players and I probably should have told him how much I was relieved he was so decent.

Other Melbourne Football Club legends who came through included Jay Kennedy Harris and Viv Michie.

That’s because he wanted the sale lol.

I wonder how many “nice” players were just nice because poster was a male fanboy salivating over them & it was just easier to accept a few moments of accolades & brownnosing.

Compared to if you were a woman they wanted to sleep with or someone who didn’t care for them.

How many “good blokes” are in the league that are actually only good blokes in their footy-centric mid 20s boys lives, as opposed to being actually decent people? The new “good bloke” is “family man”, used to describe any player who has a wife & kids, even if they **** around or spend their only official time off for the year travelling around the world leaving wife & kids at home.

That’s because he wanted the sale lol.
...I wasn't buying anything off him. I was a pissant uni student. they'd already secured their slot in the fridge for the next 12-24 months, he was just trying to get people to drink the shit.

He was a genuinely normal dude, the sort of guy you'd want to fix your nana's sink on a Tuesday morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many “nice” players were just nice because poster was a male fanboy salivating over them & it was just easier to accept a few moments of accolades & brownnosing.

Compared to if you were a woman they wanted to sleep with or someone who didn’t care for them.

How many “good blokes” are in the league that are actually only good blokes in their footy-centric mid 20s boys lives, as opposed to being actually decent people? The new “good bloke” is “family man”, used to describe any player who has a wife & kids, even if they **** around or spend their only official time off for the year travelling around the world leaving wife & kids at home.
There's a lot of people who'll say the co and captain of a football club at the kids clinic are such lovely boys. they're basically working and it's the best chance to give a great impression.

Think the most genuine interactions is when you're a shitkicker worker serving them or vaguely know them through mates or see them out on the piss.

Or you went to school with them. that's where the good stories are.

The surprising part with the 2nd time was that when it was handed back to club staff they called him and he came down from training.

He and the club staff organised a voucher for the club restaurant (now demolished), so the box invitation with tickets was very surprising to see in the mail a couple weeks later. Hand signed by Travis.
Ah right, well good on him then.

If you ever find it again though, he's definitely going to think something's up.

Met Shane Biggs in the toilets at the Forum at the Kolsch gig a few years ago and we had a good chat, asked him about his pet budgerigar Keith . Either Dale Morris or Matthew Boyd have the middle name Keith which was some sort of running joke at the club. Libba has a tattoo of Keith on his leg. The budgie that is. Those whacky boys.

Anyway, Shiggsy told me the budgie was giving him the sh1ts and he wanted rid of it. Later I went to preseason training and he remembered me.

Libba on the other hand - I was a bit worse for wear at a beer garden in Fitzroy. He was there with his heavily pregnant missus and I think that bloke who presents Mastermind on SBS. I tried having a chat but he gave me a terrifying death stare and refused to talk. Clearly off duty.

That's the second Bulldogs player to give me a stare, Lindsey Gilbee caught my eye at preseason training & wouldn't stop . I don't know why. It was uncomfortable. Maybe it's because I'm beautiful.

This website’s greatest poster

After tonites great debut for the Cats I’ll give Lawson Humphries a shout out for being a top bloke. He’s played cricket for our local team in Perth the last few seasons and he really is a genuine nice kid. Was so proud he had a great game on his debut and didn’t look out of place at all on the big stage.

Lawson designed our indigenous playing shirt this season and it was a hit with not only our club members but the whole comp.

Surely at some point he twigged that you were actually stealing his wallet? 😁

As opposed to foot signed?

Had the displeasure of meeting Jason Dunstall at a meet and greet at a car yard when I was about 12/13. Seemed to get legitimately angry when people would go up and talk to him...which seemed to be the whole point of the thing. :think:

Has form!

Surely at some point he twigged that you were actually stealing his wallet? 😁
Little does he know I airtagged that wallet.
Wanna know where he is now ;)

Rudest were Stephen Silvagni and Scott West, Nicest were Jack Riewoldt amd Marlion Pickett.

There's a lot of people who'll say the co and captain of a football club at the kids clinic are such lovely boys. they're basically working and it's the best chance to give a great impression.

Think the most genuine interactions is when you're a shitkicker worker serving them or vaguely know them through mates or see them out on the piss.

Or you went to school with them. that's where the good stories are.
True - but there’d be plenty of fellas in the league that were genuine shit human beings at age 15/16, (often because they were on the path to playing AFL) that would’ve matured a lot as the time’s gone on

Jasper Scaife (MSD pick for the Hawks) falls into this category

I met Travis Varcoe in the pub a while back. Nice bloke, but everyone in the pub had to shout him drinks as he'd lost his wallet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rudest/Nicest player you've met?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back