Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a look at Nick Dal Santo, has absolutely bottomed out at only 480k.

IIRC was the second or third highest midfielder from last year? Definitely considering buying him.

With only 11 trades left id just sideways Murphy to next best available mid and play Magner until Swan gets back.

Doesnt sound like Murphy is holdable by any stretch......you will need to be careful with your trades until the ned though obviously, atleast 4 after the bye rounds just to see out further injuries imo

Change of mind to my initial trades for this week, im ranked 822nd and was going to do:

Greene>Ablett
Shiel>Zorko

While hoping to jump into top 500 this week.

Im still doing Shiel>Zorko but im changing Greene>Phieffer. Seems terrible at first but hear me out.

Not happy bringing in Phieffer at 197K as i have missed the boat but there is very little round 13 rookies who will be playing regualr footy, i think he is the best of them by quite some way. Sure im shelling out 197K but he has a 94(?) point game in his system for two weeks yet, so worse case scenario (he gets dropped) ill still have made some profit off him and he has the dpp status as well. After last weeks game i cant see him getting dropped anytime soon though. (knocking wood) As funy as it sounds, im more desperate to get Phieffer in this week thank Gazz.

One of Zorko or Treloar will stay in my team (depending on which has the lower break even at bye time) and McDonald will be traded out (hopefully with another two games under his belt and more cash) for Cotchin in round 11.
Gazz in next week for Porplyzia barring a 100+ point game from the Porps.

So at Bye time midfield will look like this:

Pendles, Gazz, Boyd, Thompson, J.Selwood, Cotchin with Horsley and Phieffer on the pine.

It hurts not having Gazz in this week as the Captain choice is really up in the air (thinking ill gamble on Buddy against Richmond at this stage), but even if Gaz pulls out a massive game (160-170), he wont go up too much with that large break even.

So in summary, short term pain, long term gain. Leaves me with 550K in the piggy bank and hopefully two weeks of McDonald getting a game to make it work beautifully.

Having a look at Nick Dal Santo, has absolutely bottomed out at only 480k.

IIRC was the second or third highest midfielder from last year? Definitely considering buying him.

You and me both only worry is saints rucks dont know how nicky dal will go at getting first hands on the pill.Around the ground he should be fine.

You and me both only worry is saints rucks dont know how nicky dal will go at getting first hands on the pill.Around the ground he should be fine.

Ruck work is completely overrated IMO. A good player will rove off the opposing ruckman anyway. Would be the least of my concerns over NDS, wheather he cops the number one tagger every week (and can break it) would be the top of my list of worries.

Ruck work is completely overrated IMO. A good player will rove off the opposing ruckman anyway.

Thats not true but would be an arguement for footy not fantasy
With no rucks you basically have 7+ players watching where one person is going to put it and then all run there. NDS won't get anymore of it then the guys at freo are currently getting from sandilands.

Ruck work is completely overrated IMO. A good player will rove off the opposing ruckman anyway. Would be the least of my concerns over NDS, wheather he cops the number one tagger every week (and can break it) would be the top of my list of worries.

He most likley cop a tag everyweek.But the saints mids dont bat that deep and he will play everyweek on ball.Unlikley to be rested like other teams with deeper midfield.So for the same price as NSD he is good value.

He most likley cop a tag everyweek.But the saints mids dont bat that deep and he will play everyweek on ball.Unlikley to be rested like other teams with deeper midfield.So for the same price as NSD he is good value.

Yep, all im trying to say is if you like NDS at the price dont let the saints lack of ruckman put you off. :thumbsu:

Is this stupid?

Murphy to Dangerfield
Milera to Zorko

would leave mids: Pendles, Kennedy, Gaj, JSelwood, Dangers, Magner, Old Mac, TMitchell

and forwards: Sidebottom, Franklin, Martin, Chapman, Treloar, TWalsh, AKennedy, Panos

frustrating to have Mitchell and Panos on bench but not much I can do about it now.

My Bye structure means the Murphy out trade would probably be better off being someone with a bye in a different round, hence no NDS...?

Thoughts appreciated. (obviously just going for a league win)

Is this stupid?

Murphy to Dangerfield
Milera to Zorko

would leave mids: Pendles, Kennedy, Gaj, JSelwood, Dangers, Magner, Old Mac, TMitchell

and forwards: Sidebottom, Franklin, Martin, Chapman, Treloar, TWalsh, AKennedy, Panos

frustrating to have Mitchell and Panos on bench but not much I can do about it now.

My Bye structure means the Murphy out trade would probably be better off being someone with a bye in a different round, hence no NDS...?

Thoughts appreciated. (obviously just going for a league win)

Where does Zorko fit?

Sounds reasonable to me, getting the cow and danger is hot, then switching danger to forwards when required for Zorko and his dpp

Got a big game this week. Need help choosing one of these three options:

Murphy to Dal Santo, Greene to Zorko

Murphy to Zorko, Bugg to Scotland

Murphy to Dal Santo, Bugg to Scotland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris -> Zorko
Shiel -> Cotchin

Then I have 735k leftover to go crazy in the next 2 rounds and trade in Thompson, S.Selwood, Robinson & Lewis

EDIT: Then my team will almost be complete and by round 12 it will be awesome :)

Got a big game this week. Need help choosing one of these three options:

Murphy to Dal Santo, Greene to Zorko

Murphy to Zorko, Bugg to Scotland

Murphy to Dal Santo, Bugg to Scotland.

Would have thought option 3 would be pretty obvious ... but just depends where else you want to spend the money the other 2 trades would save you.

The best thing about NDS is he doesn't need 30+ disposals to score well.

A great user to the ball and can still score 100 with 20 touches and a few tackles.

18 trades left.

Trying to decide whether it's Pendles or Stanton? I have no elite mid injuries.

Who's better over the long haul? I'm thinking Stanton at present because he is less of a show pony/runs the legs off opponents (much better average) and wants the ball at all costs.

Thoughts?

Morris -> Zorko
Shiel -> Cotchin

Then I have 735k leftover to go crazy in the next 2 rounds and trade in Thompson, S.Selwood, Robinson & Lewis

EDIT: Then my team will almost be complete and by round 12 it will be awesome :)

Why wouldn't you keep Thompson? Cotchin? Is he your M6? :rolleyes: Some people I know. I'd take O'Keefe or NDS over Cotchin as my M6 any day of the week. :thumbsu:

Hey guys, any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking of trading Murphy -> Zorko, and then L Brown (adel) -> G Ablett, this leaves me with $131,600.

Or my other option is trading Swan -> Ablett and then Murphy to either ->Stanton leaving me with $126,600, or J.Selwood which leaves me with roughly $140,000.

Any advice on which trade would be better would be greatly appreciated. The rest of my mids are Pendlebury, Thompson, Boyd, Horsley, Magner, (with murphy, swan, Brown trade bait)

Cheers

Would have thought option 3 would be pretty obvious ... but just depends where else you want to spend the money the other 2 trades would save you.

It would be, but I badly want to get a dpp forward in my mids (got seven fwd/mids in my forward line) plus getting rid of one of my 3 gws mid rookies would be good.

For me it comes down to who will get the most points this week out of scotland and dal, and can bugg reach his be...Really wish had 3 trades this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back