Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am surprised Hayes has been picked to be honest. But he is a fan favorite after his stellar debut game (in 1907) and has not had a chance to tarnish that image in the intervening 116 years.

But his form at Sandy wasn't great, right?

Anyway, i am riding the happy wave because he represents hope and the others have been disappointments. (Except Cordy, who was coming off such a low base of expectation and I wondered whether he was another goal post prior to seeing some life over the past month)
Hayes was BOG for Sandy last week.

He's clearly AFL standard but his age may mean he doesn't make it.

Hopefully he gets a good run at it from here onwards

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi Saints fans, has there been any specific mention to the extent of Steele's knee injury he's carrying? Wondering if it's something he'll carry for the rest of the season or if it's something temporary (for Supercoach 😅)

You have got to love those four ins this week. They are all very experienced and probably the best team on paper all year.

I would love to see Hastie get a full game on the wing. Looks a talent with speed to burn.

Seb Ross deadset kissed on the pecker. Been a workhorse his whole career but just hanging on by a thread!

And we are more than capable of it too.

If we can get within 10 points of some of the best teams in the comp on the road, we can win well against North on our home deck.
I said this before in another post, my concern is that we're good at dragging good teams down to our level, but also good at dragging crap teams up to our level.
We will win, but it won't be comfortable to watch.

I am surprised Hayes has been picked to be honest.

I must admit I will miss this guy...

music video air dancer GIF

Can we talk Roary Sloan out of retirement?

Massive Saints fan. Should’ve been playing for us in the first place.

We picked Tom f*king Lynch over him
Sloan could've joined us as a free agent a few years ago. So he can get f******.
Tom Lynch played good footy for a decade after he left St Kilda. I reckon him leaving is a real blot on Lyons copybook. Poor man management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely no excuses. Decent break... home track... not too many injuries now.

There is no reason we shouldn't put North to the sword.

Pretty unbalanced list still. Poor midfield with Steele and Marshall banged up and no real established high quality mids. Windhager and Sinclair probably.

Small and pressure forwards are a worry too. Hugo and ?

I said this before in another post, my concern is that we're good at dragging good teams down to our level, but also good at dragging crap teams up to our level.
We will win, but it won't be comfortable to watch.
We need to start well and get some confidence up. It's our best chance at having a decent win.

Otherwise, it will be one of those close at 3/4 time before Steele and Sinclair put us on their backs to get us over the line.

Seriously, this game should be about recovering the percentage we lost against the Dogs.

A 61 point win will bring us back to a percentage of 100.

That's doable.

If we can score 10 goals it will be a miracle.

I am surprised Hayes has been picked to be honest. But he is a fan favorite after his stellar debut game (in 1907) and has not had a chance to tarnish that image in the intervening 116 years.

But his form at Sandy wasn't great, right?

Anyway, i am riding the happy wave because he represents hope and the others have been disappointments. (Except Cordy, who was coming off such a low base of expectation and I wondered whether he was another goal post prior to seeing some life over the past month)
Kicked 3 goals last week and weeks before that we had byes and also Sandy was atrocious so he didn't get much of a look. Effort-wise and work-rate wise, he looked fantastic and he deserves his chance now.

Kicked 3 goals last week and weeks before that we had byes and also Sandy was atrocious so he didn't get much of a look. Effort-wise and work-rate wise, he looked fantastic and he deserves his chance now.

It can be harder for players to look good at VFL level too, he should look better up forward with AFL level players kicking to him.

Our AFL level midfielders aren't great but they are better than North's VFL level defenders so he has no excuses not to look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back