Preview Round 5, 2024 vs Fremantle @ Adelaide Oval Changes & Pre-Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will probably just bring SPP in for Jez and Wines for Boak. We all know it. Hinkley likes steady selection, always has.
SPP for Jez genuinely makes more sense than the Sweet for Jez calls.

I have nothing against the bloke but I almost hope he gets delisted on the spot just so I don't have to keep reading the absolute moronic takes every week that we should play him alongside Soldo. I'd rather play ten McEntees. My disliking finger is getting RSI.

i want mead dropped.

in: wines and SPP
out: finlayson and mead

Different players mate.
Both can exist in the team.
Ide argue that SPPs involvement in play, when in 50 50 contests, is more likely to turn in to a rebound than McEntee.

Because they are different players and will try to.do.differnt things.

SPP will try to bullock it forward to goal and many times will be successful but when not, more chance of rebound.

Whereas McEntee isn't bullocking forward with the ball like SPP, but has a more controlled exit front gr contest that usually results in the hands or path of a team mate.

Of you ask me who can damage the scoreboard more it's SPP of course.

Jed is a structure and role player that is important.
Jed cannot take an over head make or stand up in a tackle, he would not get a game at North or the Eagles

Wines is a good player and he has decent form this year but he is not Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis or Drew.
As you've said, he just makes our midfield worse.

We also didn't really miss Boak either but he does have a bit more impact but a bit negative as well but he's been pretty good and it is a bit of a worry that he has a back issue that didn't seem to come from a huge collision.

Also Dixon is a continued worry and manfully struggles on but looks done like a dog's dinner. McKay destroyed him.

The guys who could be dropped this week would be McEntee and Lachie Jones.

McEntee has continually done not a lot in the forward line and Rioli and Byrne-Jones are now obviously better than him and impact games a lot more than Jed.

Lachie Jones has plays where it looks like he doesn't want to get the ball just in case he makes a mistake. He is worth persisting with only if he can get some serious one on one coaching. I would replace him with Sinn and see how he goes.

It will be great to see Powell-Pepper back in the team.

I don't really need Wines or Boak back in the team.
Sinn will come in back after he puts a string of good game together with the Magpies

I have nothing against the bloke but I almost hope he gets delisted on the spot just so I don't have to keep reading the absolute moronic takes every week that we should play him alongside Soldo. I'd rather play ten McEntees. My disliking finger is getting RSI.

You hope he gets delisted on the spot, and then you say you have nothing against the bloke. Yeah no worries. Maybe hold judgment until he gets a decent crack.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You hope he gets delisted on the spot, and then you say you have nothing against the bloke. Yeah no worries. Maybe hold judgment until he gets a decent crack.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Soooo, did you just stop reading the post after that word, or do you just have no understanding of context?

Don't bother replying, I won't read it or respond to it 👍

51BG3r3pTwL._AC_UF350,350_QL80_.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you cant bring in anastastopolius, so unrealistic
I agree. I like the look of Anastastopolius and Scully, but they haven’t played much league footy yet.

Playing them under done would probably be more damaging to their development than not playing them at all.

Happy melt day…. This thread could be an interesting read if Sweet gets selected…..

Happy melt day…. This thread could be an interesting read if Sweet gets selected…..
Not really, Ken Hinkley is an idiot and I don't care whether we win or lose games until he goes so I don't particularly care what he does. It's just disappointing to see my fellow Port supporters fall into such a dumb trap.

If Sweet had anything of use to offer as a second ruck/third forward he wouldn't have played zero, count em, zero games last year despite being the best ruckman in the VFL all season. They tried it twice the year before, he averaged 6 touches, 12 hitouts and 1 mark in those two games while scoring 0.0.

Hard to gauge Sweet against Glenelg as Glenelg lost their ruckman very early. The only points I have about Sweet is that he didn’t seem to take many marks and very few goals in the VFL last year, so doesn’t look like our forward/ruck answer. Certainly got a lot of hit outs and possessions around the ground though. I won’t melt if we try him.

Hard to gauge Sweet against Glenelg as Glenelg lost their ruckman very early. The only points I have about Sweet is that he didn’t seem to take many marks and very few goals in the VFL last year, so doesn’t look like our forward/ruck answer. Certainly got a lot of hit outs and possessions around the ground though. I won’t melt if we try him.
You give a whole lot of very good reasons why he isn't our forward/ruck answer, you correctly reach the conclusion that he doesn't look like our forward/ruck answer ... but then you say we should play him as our forward/ruck?

This is about the level of analysis I expect from anybody who thinks we should play Sweet and Soldo together.

No chance that Sweet plays this week.

Goes against everything that Donuts has done in his coaching career.

Darcy's minutes are going to be restricted. I would rather play another player who can run instead of a lumbering ruckman in Sweet who offers nothing up forward when he would be resting.

You give a whole lot of very good reasons why he isn't our forward/ruck answer, you correctly reach the conclusion that he doesn't look like our forward/ruck answer ... but then you say we should play him as our forward/ruck?

This is about the level of analysis I expect from anybody who thinks we should play Sweet and Soldo together.
Howdy. I said I wouldn’t “melt” if we tried. It would seem, at this stage, to preferably not to play Sweet and Soldo together. But, who do we use when Soldo needs a rest? If introducing Sweet to the team is deemed to be the answer, then so be it. I am fairly sure Visentini was used as the forward/ruck in the Glenelg game and he looked miles off.

Howdy. I said I wouldn’t “melt” if we tried. It would seem, at this stage, to preferably not to play Sweet and Soldo together. But, who do we use when Soldo needs a rest? If introducing Sweet to the team is deemed to be the answer, then so be it. I am fairly sure Visentini was used as the forward/ruck in the Glenelg game and he looked miles off.
If Soldo needs a rest, don't play him. If he's fit to play, he's fit to play a full game. If he's not, give him a week off and bring Sweet in.

I have never hoped for someone to picked on melt night more than Sweet tonight. Just to piss you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back