Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

The first two?

I wouldn't be taking Selwood that's for sure.

Yeh Joel Selwood or Hanneberry i can afford upto 567k.

Why not? Selwood just had 35 disposals and 13 clearances and a 111 score he was locked in for me before PS setback.

Priced very cheap at 500k has Essendon this week then Port then Gold Coast at Skilled stadium.

Nah doubtful. Mckenna and Hams would get it before him id say. Unsure if Hams is primary list or rookie cant remember.

If he is upgraded then will play and has to be an option for fantasy.

Yeh Joel Selwood or Hanneberry i can afford upto 567k.

Why not? Selwood just had 35 disposals and 13 clearances and a 111 score he was locked in for me before PS setback.

Priced very cheap at 500k has Essendon this week then Port then Gold Coast at Skilled stadium.

Nah doubtful. Mckenna and Hams would get it before him id say. Unsure if Hams is primary list or rookie cant remember.

If he is upgraded then will play and has to be an option for fantasy.
I just dont think Selwood will be a top 8 mid, or even a top 16 mid. He's very middling at the moment.

OK Guys posting Up my Team and recommendations.

Remaining Salary $124k

DEF: Shaw, Houli, Laird, Adams, Dea, Cameron (Harwood, Cowan)
MID: Ablett, Hanners, T.Adams, Zaha, Libba, Wells, S.Gray, R.Davis (Hewett, Menadue)
RUC: Martin, Smith (Cox, Currie)
FWD: Hall, Martin, Barlow, Kerridge, BenKen, McCarthy (Papley, McGovern)

My Aim for this week is to maximize the expected price changes, but also maximise points scored on the ground. Doing the maths with head to head in my league I need to increase my average to secure the win against top of table clash.

My 1 trade I am set on is Harwood out for Ruggles, increasing expected price change by $12k

My next trade is a tricky one:

Option 1:

Hewett out for McDonald-Tippa (subbing BenKen to Mid, McTippa to FWD). This will increase my expected price change but will drastically reduce my average scoring of on field players

$172,000 remaining in bank

Option 2:
Papley out for Byrne (Adams to FWD via DPP)

Leaving me with $253k in the bank, increasing my $ earning potential with Byrne, but will fall me short in points scored this week

$250,000 in bank

Option 3:
Kerridge for Tom Lynch (suns). Okay I know you are thinking why the hell do I get rid of Kerridge, has great scoring potential but think this through..

Kerridge vs WBD, Av 86.3 $362k, expected price change of +$8k
Lynch vs BRI, Av 107.3, expected price change of +$16k

$57,000 in bank

So I will end up averaging approx 20pts more (which will give me the win) and also increase potential earnings, allowing me to upgrade Lynch for a S.Mitchell, T.Mitchell next week

Option 4:

Kerridge out for T.Scully (Wells DPP to FWD)

Kerridge vs WBD, Av 86.3 $362k, expected price change of +$8k
Scully vs PTA, Av 119, expected price change of +$14k

$14,000 in bank

Will end up averaging approx 40pts more, and increasing my potential earnings (not as much as lynch), and less in bank

Who do you think will score more this week and In what order? This week's trades are playing with my head...

A) Kerridge (Av 86.3) v WBD

B) T.Lynch Suns (Av 107.3) v BRI

C) T.Scully (Av 119) v PTA

Any other recommendations for my 2nd trade? I have though about getting Papley out or Hewett out, but not aware of any other players I could afford that will have greater $ Increases this week, Besides Byrne (unsure of JS)

Neither.

You need to sort out Cowan, Z.Smith, Liberatore, Barlow first. But it seems you have picked a pretty lucky starting squad. Where are you ranked?

Neither.

You need to sort out Cowan, Z.Smith, Liberatore, Barlow first. But it seems you have picked a pretty lucky starting squad. Where are you ranked?

-Yeah I am building up to also upgrade Smith to Goldy, but every ruck is just so up and down so far this year.
-Libba I started with which I though was value, He will be the one i am looking at upgrading to S/T Mitchell with profit made this week.
-Barlow I am going to persist with for now, got larger problems at the moment.
-Cowan I picked up pre-season and stupidly got stuck on my bench, I don't really want to burn a trade with him just yet (hoping he miraculously gets names and have not wasted a trade)

I am only ranked 7132 at this stage with an average score of 1993, scoring 2145 last week

View attachment 234746

Not sold on Short's job security as he's the only cheap midfield midfielder available out there. To trade or not to trade to Short

You're going from Rookie priced to Rookie priced. Do a double downtrade or one down and one up. Hartley will value add why would you get rid of him for a similar player. You must have someone that is underperforming that you can trade down to Ruggles.

Ended up grabbing Ruggles for Lonergan. Still not 100% on this one - hope Loners doesn't make a fool of me and ton up.
Mills -> Steven
Need the fire power in my midfield - Jack should get it done.

Leaves me with $250k for next week - not a horrible issue but I need to get that money on my field. Been hoarding it got too long.

Hrmmm just read Jeppa - reckons Hewett over Mills.

Ended up grabbing Ruggles for Lonergan. Still not 100% on this one - hope Loners doesn't make a fool of me and ton up.
Mills -> Steven
Need the fire power in my midfield - Jack should get it done.

Leaves me with $250k for next week - not a horrible issue but I need to get that money on my field. Been hoarding it got too long.

Hrmmm just read Jeppa - reckons Hewett over Mills.

Yeah I think Hewett may get dropped, Mills should keep his place.

Yeah changed up already. Got to wait until Thursday night I think.

Could make my midfield look decent by going Hewett -> Zaha, Loners -> Duncan. Miss out on Ruggles for now.
Thinking about turning Hickey -> Tippet also. Decisions decisions...

Decided that this week that the priority is to get rid of Hewett and Mills. Unfortunately I can't get together enough cash to upgrade them to a premium or even a 400-500 mid so I will trade down Daniel Howe and Charlie Dixon which with the small balance I have will give me $360K. I can then trade Mills or Hewett for Cotchin or Zaharakis next week(Cotchin looks to be coming into his best as a fantasy prospect). The same week I can trade Brendan Macaffer($204K) off my bench to a $125K rookie so I have around $150K cash to help with bringing in another upgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I havnt changed my trades all week, probably still in this thread. I am chasing BEs and good cash generation with the trades. So far:

Lonergan > Ruggles (projected higher price rise then byrnes)
Hewett >Daniel

This I think will get me the most cash generation and 70k in the bank. Next week I am planning to downgrade Mills (Maybe to Byrnes) and the other trade is unknown

Not sure if I should trade out Brad Crouch or just bench. Knew I should have gone with Matt.

A lot of cash on the pine. If you are getting big enough scores, you can afford it otherwise that could be a points vacuum for a couple of weeks

In the end I've gone

Hewett -> Ruggles (Lonergan to midfield)
Greene -> T. Lynch (GC)

I like the looks of Lynch! Good value for what he is averaging and expected to rise $18k profit. Playing lions so should bag a couple snaggas for ya too.

I'm am looking at either him or sully in my mid utilising a dp player in the mid/fwd

I really am torn this week.
First trade is locked in as
Dunkley > Ruggles

Not sure whether to upgrade or downgrade Hewett though.
I can either go up to Duncan or go down to a mid rookie but there aren't much options and if none are named this arvo I will have no choice really but to go up.

My first trade this week is fairly simple and locked in- Mills to Ruggles.

The other one is still a bit up in the air.

Could go Wells to Zaharakis, Eric Mackenzie or Hewett to Byrne, Gibbs to Ablett or Hewett to Hartung. Currently have traded Eric Mackenzie to Shane Biggs and have 9k left over. Does that sound like a good trade, or should I reconsider?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back