AFLW Round 3 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually coxy prob should be given a run as a FP , Williams isn’t up to it , way off the level

Yes, but that was Williams' best game in patches, so her trajectory is up - that said I would bring in KB for her in a heartbeat. Think this is a hard season with no other games for the girls not playing, so bringing in someone without form or touch is definitely going to make it hard.

Really liked seeing Jess Hosking floating down near Fwd 50 from the wing and playing in the square after the first quarter,
We still look short of a goal sneak, Cox had some good moments down back and looks composed…I reckon she’d go alright with the Fwd 6 when KB is back and without Yassir.
Don’t know that Yassir is a small fwd at the level
I’m sure you’ll say that on Tuesday as well. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes, but that was Williams' best game in patches, so her trajectory is up - that said I would bring in KB for her in a heartbeat. Think this is a hard season with no other games for the girls not playing, so bringing in someone without form or touch is definitely going to make it hard.
I don’t get the feeling kb is close , stress fractures of feet are no good

Did she get a kick , a few tap ons I saw

A win is a win, even though we didn't take advantage of a new team still finding there feet. We need to do something with our forward line as we probably should have won by at least another 5 goals if we played smarter footy.
Yassir & Williams are ineffectual as small forwards so far this season. I think they need to apply a lot more pressure, use there speed in the forward 50 & get into better position to be any use in the team.
Conti, Sheerin, J Hosking & McKenzie stood out for me, why most of the others contributed towards the win. We desperately need KB back in the team so we can structure up better & will allow Wakefield to play further up the ground.

Yassir & Williams are ineffectual as small forwards so far this season. I think they need to apply a lot more pressure, use there speed in the forward 50 & get into better position to be any use in the team.
Both have been a bit fumbly, which ultimately gets them tackled. Yassir is better than that and I expect her to get better with Brennan back in.

Both have been a bit fumbly, which ultimately gets them tackled. Yassir is better than that and I expect her to get better with Brennan back in.

Sam Lane asked the Tigers "10" times about Brennan's availability
Lane was told KB's been very close last 2 weeks............but should be near certain for next week (Rd 4) versus the Bombers

hers hoping she is ready :cool:

Great W by the girls , you’d wanna beat them though,,,let’s get it done v bombers next week . Moncon you booody star , Ellie Mac will be a bloody star, so good to watch , and tell me the hosko twins don’t play like a bloody speeding locomotive , fair Dinkem nothing stands in their way , as fierce tackler you’d ever see , hosko has really stepped up being skipper with her sister right behind her
LOL - The Hoskings are part of the problem not the solution. We are the least efficient team inside 50 in the whole comp. Their ordinary disposal is part of the issue.

LOL - The Hoskings are part of the problem not the solution. We are the least efficient team inside 50 in the whole comp. Their ordinary disposal is part of the issue.
Mate it’s W footy , I’m not expecting Chris Judd entries , if you are then re calibrate your expectations. Both win hard at it and win contested footy , disposal can be crude at times but is ok , at least not blast kicks all of the time

Williams is one of our more dangerous forwards so another woeful call. She is way ahead of Yassir, Reid and Brancatisano
Lol obviously don’t watch the game she’s literally had about 2p ,,,,and im not sure a clean kick in any game ,,,reid has had a few handy possessions and goals ,,branc first game back from injury looked like she was rusty ,,,Dempsey I was disappointed with looked 10 paces backward on last year

My litmus test on how were travelling from watching this game was that there was a level of comfort with how our backline looks, especially in the last qtr when the Hawks game plan changed up, i.e., to go more direct to purposely gain meterage and to put our defenders on the back foot, but our backs were able to work together under pressure and kill or win contest. I don’t know why it is that we seem much more settled across the backline than up forward, as it belies the fact that we’ve thrown 3 new recruits in there this season. Sheerin really standing up and leading maybe is helping create this. Can we clone her and have another one please? When Cordner returns from injury it will just add to this.

The forward line is another story altogether and if it wasn’t for our midfielders hitting the scoreboard we don’t win convincingly. Watching them is the opposite of comfort, the anxiety levels go into the red zone, especially when the ball is not kicked onto the head of Wakefield. KB is the leader down there and we get a massive drop off when she’s not there. The younger players like Reid and Yassir seem to grow an extra leg when she is playing and directing, and although being far from impressive, this can bring a better contest and make it harder for defenders to dominate. It’s a work in progress and our coaches must work with what we’ve got available, which is an inexperienced and unsettled line. Yassir, Reid, Williams, Kiely, Jacques can all play there, How I’d love to see Shane Edwards come in and coach the forwards in positioning, their pressure game, and their timing as at the moment they just get sucked into an all-in. Our forward play lacks structure in both forward defence and in attack, and especially when to do which one.

Our midfield has two genuine stars and some solid mids in Egan, Hosking, and Co. and having our 3 best mids all under the age of 23 means we are setting up for even more growth. Love watching them and although we’re not the best in the comp yet when we are on it must be giving oppo coaches the right irrates. Our mids however will have to be burdened with taking on the forward loads more until we can get our forward line sorted out.

My team changes would be,

KB and Kiely IN

Reid and Dempsey OUT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big game next week, Bombers could’ve been 3-0.
2pm Sunday at Pot Melb, haven’t had much luck there, it’s gonna be slippy and blowy.
Hope they bring in Mclelland and keep both Hoskings near the ball and we get a little physical with em.
Not as many newbies at the Bombers but they’re still only three games in.

Big game next week, Bombers could’ve been 3-0.
2pm Sunday at Pot Melb, haven’t had much luck there, it’s gonna be slippy and blowy.
Hope they bring in Mclelland and keep both Hoskings near the ball and we get a little physical with em.
Not as many newbies at the Bombers but they’re still only three games in.
Bombers are yet to play anyone of any note.
we’ve both beaten the hawks. Eagles are crap and blues could only draw with port.

Bombers are yet to play anyone of any note.
we’ve both beaten the hawks. Eagles are crap and blues could only draw with port.
We'll make them look better 🥴

Yep, Paige Scott looked a dead set forward gun in the making - first season and kicking it outa the park already!

Makes you wonder what we did to Phoebe Monahan to make her go from Hero to Zero so fast. Good on her though on bouncing back last season and backing up again!

Phoebe Monahan another Sheehan reject that makes team of the week.

Add her to Sophie Locke, Grace Egan & Sarah Sansonetti.

Meanwhile Molan, Jacques and co are knocking it out of the park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back