Round 3:- Blues V Bombers pre match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really, irrespective of your thoughts on our players, we still have a fair few to come back in, as do you guys.

Our second encounter for the year looks more likely to reflect the state of our lists. Hopefully both teams will be as close to full strength as possible.

Ahh, the first hint of realisation. Not really. Quite emphatic are we? Not really. You know deep inside that the glory of 2000 is long gone, as long gone as 1995 was for us 7 years ago. We stayed down 2 years longer than we really needed to because of board level disunity, and I hear there is a fair bit of that down winless hill way, so you may find it takes you 7 to climb out if it too, but even with a focused and unified effort, it takes 5 years to rebuild a competetive finals ready list.

By the time we play you again later this year we will be an entrenched finals team and you will be hovering around the bottom. Reality for both of our teams will well and truly have set in.

Our second encounter for the year looks more likely to reflect the state of our lists. Hopefully both teams will be as close to full strength as possible.

please :rolleyes:

we are missing our #1 Ruckmen in Warnock, our Full Back in Jamison, Andrew Walker and Carrazzo.

please stop using the injury excuse, you have been using it for the past few years. In reality its because your list sucks.

we are missing our #1 Ruckmen in Warnock, our Full Back in Jamison, Andrew Walker and Carrazzo.

please stop using the injury excuse, you have been using it for the past few years. In reality its because your list sucks.

He has played 21 games at Fremantle in 4 years and yet to play a game with you guys. Don't you remember that he wasn't getting a regular game at the Dockers last year? You all talk about blind faith and optimism but please; Kruezer is a far better prospect than Warnock.

Warnock = Laycock
Walker < Mcveigh
Carazzo < Welsh

Jamison > Hurley

But Essendon are also missing Reimers, Lonergan and Gumby

People who are talking about injuries don't understand footy. Footy isn't just about having the top players, but also about depth. You got to field your best side even if some players are missing and hope for the best.

This will be a tough match but I believe we have made enough growth as a squad to get over Essendon who are missing McVeigh who usually kills us. Gibbs is a prime example of our growth, he will defenitely make a large impact on the result of the game and last year Judd was knocked out in the second quarter and played under concussion, those two players alone will make a massive difference. As I said last week if we don't let them get the jump on us early, I think we should be account for Essendon.

People who are talking about injuries don't understand footy. Footy isn't just about having the top players, but also about depth. You got to field your best side even if some players are missing and hope for the best.

Stop talking about injuries. Fair dinkum, you Bombers. :rolleyes:

it is always the Essendon supporters who talk injuries, and have been for the a while now. I only pointed out that Carlton are missing key players aswell, but we dont cry about it like the bomber boys.

Didn't answer them all because you were talking to Pazza, not me.
I've never said i expected us to win.

McPhee is a tall. Which of your tall forwards would we need to put him in the backline for? There's Fev, then there isn't much (if anything) else.
If he was playing, he'd be a permanent forward, as he has been this year.

Oh and me steal something? the Blues are the ones in debt.

You better hope the blues do smash us on saturday, they won't get a better chance for a very long time.
Last year must really have hurt you guys.

Who's your backup for Fev again? :p

You Essending dongs are sour grapes, lets face you are still getting over the Sheedy/Hird reign, the Knights appointment was not really well thought out, members and supporters are very divided over the coach, your midfield is not that good, Watson handballs mostly cos he a woeful kick, each year you seemed to be racked with injuries, bad injury management or bad training or both, you lack any real super stars, you really can;t stand the fact that you are 4th favourite to win the wooden spoon...and most of you Essendon supporters ooze arrogance for no apparent reason.
Your opinions do not count go away and don;t comeback..Thanks
By the way we don;t need a back up for Fev haven;t you seen the stats or are you that sour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly the team won't get ahead of itself, but to have faith in your group is a great thing.
Carlton fans aren't getting ahead of themselves either, we are just largely getting ahead of where we were last year and with good cause, and if for whatever reason it all goes belly up this year:
"It's better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all"

So i should cancel my order of a replica 2009 Premiership Cup and matching tshirt then?

Nowhere need to do that at all.
In fact I have mine on order already.

It is just people always seem to want to tell you not to get ahead of ourself.
So what, if we are? Why not?
We know what we have and most of us knew that we should be in for a good year months ago, all being well. It is just that things don't always go as expected, but not to enjoy a day in the sun fearing it to rain tomorrow? That's crazy.

Couldnt agree more. :thumbsu: I have gone out on a limb and said we will win this one by 10 goals but really it ought to be 15 on form and players out.

I am loving being in a genuine position to believe this for the first time in 7 years. I fully expect us to spank this mob into the next draft.

There should be serious questions in the press about Knights job in the hun next week, just as the undercurrents at Punt road started on the Friday after we smashed them, Sheehan has already questioned if they can rise again this week. There will be board rumblings and all sorts of ramifications of Lloyd and Lucas not having an impact and why dont they play the kids, the future not the past, etc. I cant wait.

And if we just get over the line against them I will be a little disappointed that we are not quite as hard at it as I thought we were. No excuses. No oh young teams come off a bit every now and then. We are either contenders or we are not. I think we are and will SMMMMAAASHHHH them. :thumbsu:

Who will tag Judd with Welsh and McVeigh out?

a75a658f.jpg

The Blues really are developing some depth if you at our bench and consider the outs.

I find it amusing how opposition supporters think our midfield is overhyped. I watched the season opener with a Tiger pal. You can imagine my delight (after he said Judd was our only decent midfielder.lol) when Murph and Gibbs absoulutley walloped theirs.

Stevo back will give us more run from our defence. I also believe that houlian will have a big game.

In any case, although I'm certain we'll lose, I'm still looking forward to watching the game.

Enough said. Love the blues, loving the passion of discussion and debate but why do you idiot essendon supporters want to come here and stir **** up. Go worry about your own team and we'll worry about ours.

Its gonna get worse for the bummers before it gets better.

Paddy Ryder will be an absolute star but that's the only guy i would be getting excited about.

Fev to kick at least more than 8 for the first time in hes career!!

Good luck blue boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3:- Blues V Bombers pre match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back