Game Day Round 21 - Essendon v Freo, MCG, 4/8/24, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan in the first quarter is the reason the bombers are in the game. If he can just get his positioning around the ground and a speedier handball off he will be a weapon. Forgot what it was like to have a tap ruckman that can hit to advantage. Massive difference from what I saw earlier this year, hope he plays the rest of the season.

One of the worst 10 minute patches I’ve seen for a while. Auskick level IQ.

Scott is at fault for player him to be fair.
the fact that his mark didn’t end up with him sending one down stringers throat sums him up

shit and selfish

much the same story as rest of year, dominate play and can't score from it. Same olds being same olds.

1722753310284.png

1722753531066.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer 7 tackles, Menzie 2 tackles, Gresham 0 tackles. Draper has had 4 and he has no idea where the ball is going. Menzie and Gresham give us absolutely nothing.

I have said this before, but there must be footys piling up in the gutters at Melrose drive in front of EFC headquarters. We miss the mark by that much when kicking into the f50 it is embarrassing. And then losing every contest for the last 5 min was just icing on the cake.

I worry about Scott’s understanding of the game if he thinks Menzie deserves games over Hind.

Hind would be so handy today.
Maybe he’s going with youth, like most supporters have been screaming for. I’d rather hind, I don’t rate menzie in the slightest. He’s only really above average at using his body to take chest marks, but it also speaks to how average both daveys and Wanganeen have been.

That’s just an horrendous effort from Cox. He’s not up to it mentally. Can’t be consistently making basic mistakes like that
He will be better in the 2nd half when they turn the lights on.....I actually think that Weideman may be more competitive than Cox.

Brad Scott to rage quit in the post match

I Hope Please GIF

Gotta hand it to Menzie in getting another year - negotiating tactics rivaling a diplomat. Probably a good lad but isn’t up to it. Unfortunately takes a spot on the list from someone who could be a long term prospect

Maybe he’s going with youth, like most supporters have been screaming for. I’d rather hind, I don’t rate menzie in the slightest. He’s only really above average at using his body to take chest marks, but it also speaks to how average both daveys and Wanganeen have been.
This isn’t good for Caldwell career and probably not future Essendon sides, but we would probably be a better side if he was played fp and we played setterfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back