Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Beating the scum by one point is heaven. Beating them by their missed kicked after giving their supporters “hope” for 15 minutes is bliss.

The scum board is the gift that keeps on giving!! How much so? It makes our game day posts look lame (although I wonder about some of our negative posters post game last night after a great win) haha

Cudos to our defensive team last night. Curnow and McKay looked insipid.

Note from the ground watching McStay - the jumper holds preventing him from leading were shameless. I cannot believe it was allowed to continue all night. One time in the third quarter he was dragged by the jumper two metres back to the fence and held. Weitering was well supported by team mates to hold McStay.

We may not make finals but our FULL squad is still close to the best in the AFL. We just need to upgrade the midfield. Our clearances need to be better.

Go pies! What a night!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

• Beat Brisbane
  • 25 points up against Freo deep into the last at Optus
  • Had the Dogs on toast at 3/4 time before getting Bonted
  • Beaten Carlton twice.
  • Gave Port a hiding

Who are the contenders anyway? Any of 10 sides could legit win the thing this season.
Brisbane were terrible to start the year.
We did not beat deep after being 25 points up deep in to final quarter, proves my point.
Had the dogs on toast at 3qt before getting bonted,also proves my point.
Have beaten blues twice and that’s good. They have lost how many of their last 5 though?
Absolutely agree re port which is why I said “other than port”.

But yes you are right, the idea of “contender” this year is all over the place.

Because maybe he worked his guts out all day and was in top 3 players on the ground maybe ( IMHO) he was one of the reason we actually won the game
Agree I had him near best on at 3qt but felt he actually totally misread that last one -don’t think it was fatigue.

The outcome was fantastic but McGovern I think might have been concussed. He copped a knock after the mark.

But we really should not let it have get that close.

Kudos to Moore - thought he was fantastic tonight. They seem to be back intercepting and judging the distance and flight much better. I also thought Howe is brilliant. He has to play on.

Forward line was disappointing - Cox had a massive advantage when on Kemp. But the amount of blocking is interesting to watch. It's a game within a game. McStay was well held.

But winning sure beats losing.
I actually thought at the time “if he’s smart he will stay down and let someone else take the shot.
But expecting Carlton to be clever is a stretch too far.

McGovern is highly rated as a good kick. Probably why Cripps went the early celebration 🤣

I took Cripps's smile as him thinking, ''How good is this game? What a finish and we have a chance to win.'' Not him going the early crow. He is a fantastic player and maybe that ability to stay chilled in the heat of battle is a huge positive. Ie, if it was Cripps taking the kick for goal i reckon he would have been a much better chance of nailing it!

edited to change Curnow to Cripps

Last edited:
I took Curnow's smile as him thinking, ''How good is this game? What a finish and we have a chance to win.'' Not him going the early crow. He is a fantastic player and maybe that ability to stay chilled in the heat of battle is a huge positive. Ie, if it was Cripps taking the kick for goal i reckon he would have been a much better chance of nailing it!
Cripps wouldn't have missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've returned back to how it was earlier in the season where 'incorrect disposal' no longer exists.
I can’t work it out. I thought I heard them give one for incorrect disposal. Pendles and Nick queried a couple. Both sides got away with a couple of dubious disposals. Must be the only professional comp where interpretations change throughout the season. Very frustrating and I blame the AFL not the umpires.

I took Curnow's smile as him thinking, ''How good is this game? What a finish and we have a chance to win.'' Not him going the early crow. He is a fantastic player and maybe that ability to stay chilled in the heat of battle is a huge positive. Ie, if it was Cripps taking the kick for goal i reckon he would have been a much better chance of nailing it!
Agree. I think he was just happy they had a shot at winning.
Edit: I thought you were referring to Cripps’ smile and fist pump not Curnow.

All this fuss last week about Carlton having the shorter break than Port Adelaide and it being a factor in their loss.

Had an extra 1-2 days over us last night and couldn’t get the job done.

Last edited:
All this fuss last week about Carlton having the shorter break than Port Adelaide and it being a factor in their loss.

Had an extra 1-2 days over us last night and could t get the job done.
Commentators harped on and on about it last week. Nothing this week.

Pendles after the siren :D

Pendles.jpg
I love the passion from Coxy in this pic. It's glorious to see Pendles rewarded on such a special occasion but that lanky Yankee has adopted us and bleeds black and white.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back