Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At present we are the third lowest team for possessions per game only behind WC and the Tigers.
Add to that how we are turning the footy over and wasting possession it’s no wonder we are in the spot we are.

This week we need to be up physically against the Hawks who bullied us last time in a physical sense,they are playing with the arrogance and camaraderie we did last year and this will be last roll of the dice.
Bullied us last time?
We had 16 more tackles, one less CP, and 8 less Clearances.
They played one good quarter.

Here’s a stat that really counts - we rank 3rd for scoring I50.
That’s a stat that blows teams away, if we tidy up the rest of our game.

Hawks should be $1.20 to win this game on current form

But gee it would be sweet to end that smug campaigner Mitchell’s finals hopes.
Hawks are starting favourites already. Once all the money comes in they might be $1.20.

Bullied us last time?
We had 16 more tackles, one less CP, and 8 less Clearances.
They played one good quarter.

Here’s a stat that really counts - we rank 3rd for scoring I50.
That’s a stat that blows teams away, if we tidy up the rest of our game.
Typical stats crap.
We rank high because we don't get many inside 50s and the ones we get are all slingshot type goals. We barely take contested marks inside 50.

Typical stats crap.
We rank high because we don't get many inside 50s and the ones we get are all slingshot type goals. We barely take contested marks inside 50.
It doesn’t change the reality of being very efficient.
Efficiency is efficiency regardless of how it’s achieved.
Go and ask a Melb supporter what it means - poor efficiency saw them bundled out of finals last year.

Like to see Jiath come in possibly
Not sure how he went in vfl but I think exciting prospect and the run could help against hawks
he was one o f the lesser lights - he will be ready for AFL maybe this time next year ... we dont need run we need a team to be cohesive and stop thi sridiclous gilf in uncontested poss and marks which lost u stwo games in a row ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time we played them was a strange one in Gather Round. We were going OK by then, and the Hawks poor. We were on track for a 10+ goal win before completely stopping to the point where they were an easy shot on goal missing away from actually winning the game.

Hawks have looked like a half decent team ever since that game.

I worry about the impact Sicily will have unless a McStay or Cox play.

Last time we played them was a strange one in Gather Round. We were going OK by then, and the Hawks poor. We were on track for a 10+ goal win before completely stopping to the point where they were an easy shot on goal missing away from actually winning the game.

Hawks have looked like a half decent team ever since that game.

I worry about the impact Sicily will have unless a McStay or Cox play.
Sicily has a busted shoulder - just needs one more good bump ... and didnt play back he was at FF

Just on any of the "season over" brigade we can actually afford to lose 2 games and we might still finish 8th with 12-9-2 provided our percentage is good enough.

Gonna be tough but the Hawks are ladder-wise one of the easiest teams we play against for the remainder of the year. So goes without saying it's a very important game to win!

Sicily has a busted shoulder - just needs one more good bump ... and didnt play back he was at FF
Didn't listen to the whole game on Saturday, from what I heard, Sicily was shifted forward late in the game.

Hawks should be $1.20 to win this game on current form

But gee it would be sweet to end that smug campaigner Mitchell’s finals hopes.
I am glad that I am not the only person that thinks Mitchell is smug. I'd love to see the pies end their year and win well ( 7 goals+) Sadly I have zero confidence at the moment based on our form and effort over 4 quarters. We can't play 1 good quarter and expect to win games anymore.

Well well well we have fallen off a cliff.
We are so lucky we actually won the flag last year.
Imagine if we didn't.
This team is at the cross roads right about now .Too any older players hitting the wall after 2 great seasons busting their arses and the footy god smiled down up on us finally. No wonder we have hit a wall .
That said we need to get rid of Hine as the recruiter and get someone in to be able to recruit decent players look at our draft hands hardly any have worked out.

The Dawks this week will throw everything at us to get into the 8 and they might.
But me thinks the pies will come to play and smash them season ain't over yet

This season is completely open

Pies by 15 points Naicos BEST ON GROUND ,payback is required for the hawks that poo and piss

Oh well, might as well forfeit then. In fact, sit out the rest of the season.
All you've posted there is a litany of our shortcomings and shot down any possible solutions or alternatives.

And learn to insert paragraphs in your posts. They're very difficult to read otherwise.
Well I will try to be more grammatically exact next time. However, I am only calling it as I see it. Now if you could penetrate my grammatical minefield, I am wondering where do you disagree with my observations? Anyway, I will try to provide you with a couple of possible solutions. OK.

Firstly, do not allow teams such as Essendon & Geelong to accumulate 200 + uncontetested possessions in 2 weeks. Secondly, start trying something different. I did speculate about 2 weeks ago that why not try Reef McGinnes as an intercept defender to see if he could start to learn to play the critical role that was produced with Nathan Murphy's unfortunate retirement. I am sure that he is big enough. OK. Now I am not sure that he would have the tank to go into the mid-field but he should be fit enough to play as a floating type in the backline & especially across the halfback line at AFL level after 3 pre-seasons at the club.

Thirdly, what about changing the mix at centre bounces? Would it be worth a shot to put John Noble or Bobby Hill or Brayden Maynard in there for a few minutes each quarter just to change the dynamic & make itca bit more unpredictable?

Finally, I am thinking of going right out on a limb & play Ed Allen on one of the Hawk's young players & see what he is really made of. However it is likely that his form in the VFL does not warrant such a change. Well that will do for now. Goodbye & good luck.

Well I will try to be more grammatically exact next time. However, I am only calling it as I see it. Now if you could penetrate my grammatical minefield, I am wondering where do you disagree with my observations? Anyway, I will try to provide you with a couple of possible solutions. OK.

Firstly, do not allow teams such as Essendon & Geelong to accumulate 200 + uncontetested possessions in 2 weeks. Secondly, start trying something different. I did speculate about 2 weeks ago that why not try Reef McGinnes as an intercept defender to see if he could start to learn to play the critical role that was produced with Nathan Murphy's unfortunate retirement. I am sure that he is big enough. OK. Now I am not sure that he would have the tank to go into the mid-field but he should be fit enough to play as a floating type in the backline & especially across the halfback line at AFL level after 3 pre-seasons at the club.

Thirdly, what about changing the mix at centre bounces? Would it be worth a shot to put John Noble or Bobby Hill or Brayden Maynard in there for a few minutes each quarter just to change the dynamic & make itca bit more unpredictable?

Finally, I am thinking of going right out on a limb & play Ed Allen on one of the Hawk's young players & see what he is really made of. However it is likely that his form in the VFL does not warrant such a change. Well that will do for now. Goodbye & good luck.
you were doing just ok until walked onto that limb .. you brought up Allan .. suggest you go and wtch a VFL game occsionally .. Allan just doesnt look the goods at present - Sullivan streets ahead of him in pecking order for a start , even macrae i s ahead of him and HDM also ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back