Prediction Round 19, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why does Petch get a parachute straight into the senior team with no WAFL?

With no WAFL this week it should be an “unlucky mate” situation.

I’m guessing it’s to retain some experience and not overload the side with kids. As is, it’s the youngest side we’ve fielded this year

Reid, Chesser, Culley, Hough, Ginbey, Williams and Maric were all under 20 to start the year

Another 7 in the side who were under 24 - Allen, Petruccelle, Edwards, Williams, Hutchinson, Trew and Edwards

So 14 under 24 which is a season high

And only 2 of our 6 over 30 - Kelly and Cripps

Not necessarily agreeing with the decision but I think that’s probably the reasoning for it

Hall, Burgiel, Dewar, Johnston and Reid all have to wait another week at least to get their chance

Culley needs to be persisted with inside mid. Not this third tall shit. He won't make a career out of that. We simply have too many in this position.
With Trew, Ginbey, Reid and Kelly there isn't a lot of room for another.

Kelly isn't going out of there you'd think, being the only one with more than 40 games, and the others are just ahead.

I'd prefer Chesser in there if we are picking someone tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team selection positive - no return of the ‘old timers’, Sheed, Gaff and Darling. With injuries to Waterman and Yeo it would have been easy to slip two of the three back in.

Team selection negative - still got JJ. Could have been a good opportunity to select Dewar or AReid into team.

I think I’m more in the ‘opportunity lost’ classification atm.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

All things considered, I'm fairly happy with changes and a further swing to youth - starting to look more like what was expected but not delivered under Simmo?
(regardless of win/loss)
How does this represent a swing to youth?

Team selection positive - no return of the ‘old timers’, Sheed, Gaff and Darling. With injuries to Waterman and Yeo it would have been easy to slip two of the three back in.

Team selection negative - still got JJ. Could have been a good opportunity to select Dewar or AReid into team.

I think I’m more in the ‘opportunity lost’ classification atm.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Honestly would rather see Jack Darling in the side that Rotham in the side. Moan about Witho/Cole but Rotham is much worse than those two.

Both will be on the wing i imagine. Culley has to play inside.
I expect Culley to play more forward tbh, maybe a fwd/mid split. I dont think he's coming in to do Yeos role.

Chesser can't stay on a wing forever, not like he has been. He was very good in the first half before getting injured last week as an inside player too

With Trew, Ginbey, Reid and Kelly there isn't a lot of room for another.

Kelly isn't going out of there you'd think, being the only one with more than 40 games, and the others are just ahead.

I'd prefer Chesser in there if we are picking someone tbh
Is Ginbey even playing in the middle these days? Didn't have a single centre bounce attendance last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back