Review Round 17 - North Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium - 6th July 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

16 more inside 50s as well. Badly need a good small forward THAT ACTUALLY KICKS GOALS

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is a very good point and much better than the baiting and nastiness that pervades the fan culture.
Well I guess Dusty kicks goals.
Rogers definitely will in time.
So does Rosas.
There are answers.

The coaching staff need to f*ck this midfield setup right off and demand some one-on-one f*cking accountability from that group. This BS ‘we trust our midfield group up against their group’ nonsense isn’t working when they all run around thinking it’s someone else’s job to put up a resistance. They are just jogging around hoping for as many kicks as possible. It has cost us in 8 consecutive away games and I am so over it. They are better than this
This is it.

In the rooms right now who is reading the riot act to the group

can’t be Touk or Swallow as they have been trash all year, can’t be anyone in the midfield as the finger would be pointed straight back, Collins maybe???

I hope Dimma is telling the group some home truths

I mean, good. However:
1. We’re at home next week, so if he could save it for a fortnight’s time that would be great.
2. I am yet to be convinced that this does anything other than go in one ear out the other of the playing group. I genuinely think a number of the individuals in the team don’t think it’s them that’s the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This group is so used to medicocrity that when in the face of the chance of changing that, they fold. They need a wake up call and fast. Hopefully Dimma calling this out is the step to that.

If you want to move forward, you need to win away. That's just the nature of the competition.

They are mature enough to know you can't keep repeating the same thing and expecting a different result.

Sounds silly and I know some will object as I post this of course but jeez we could’ve used Chol out there today.
So they could bomb it over his head too. David King called it out midweek. He’s been huge on the Suns. But the last kick going inside 50 is awful. Today was probably the worst it’s ever been

Yes and….. 🤐
... and we lost. Just pointing out that the margin between 12th and top 4 can be very small.

We're either going to be 2 or 4 points outside the top 8 by the end of the round tomorrow. 7 games to go and Dimma has officially put all the players on notice for today's performance. Still plenty of opportunities to stand up in 8 point swing games against teams around us on the ladder - Port, GWS, Brisbane and Melbourne. Now we find out what these boys are really made of when they are genuinely challenged to lift from within the four walls. Perhaps the first time that's ever happened in our club history.

For anyone who hasn't seen it:

... and we lost. Just pointing out that the margin between 12th and top 4 can be very small.

We're either going to be 2 or 4 points outside the top 8 by the end of the round tomorrow. 7 games to go and Dimma has officially put all the players on notice for today's performance. Still plenty of opportunities to stand up in 8 point swing games against teams around us on the ladder - Port, GWS, Brisbane and Melbourne. Now we find out what these boys are really made of when they are genuinely challenged to lift from within the four walls. Perhaps the first time that's ever happened in our club history.
Well as you know because you are a smart man that wasn’t my meaning by 🤐.

However, your last sentence is an interesting one isn’t it.

The only one that ever really tried to challenge the lads like that was Eade. He publicly kept saying that the baseline effort wasn’t there consistently. But Eade’s years were shockingly hampered by outrageously long injury lists and GAJ being a distraction rather than an asset.

No way did McKenna or Dew ever put them on notice like today.

It’s potentially exciting and if they don’t respond then the trade period might be brutal.

Gold Coast need to “grow up as a footy club” angry coach Damien Hardwick declared after his side’s four-point loss to North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium.
The Suns remain winless on the road this season despite a perfect record at home, and Hardwick is sick of following the same script over and over again when they jump on a plane.

“At the end of the day we’re not just here to make up numbers. Enough’s enough,” Hardwick said.

“We sit there and give ourselves enough opportunities and we don’t play our moments. It’s my job as a coach to demand better because at the moment we’re capable of beating the premiers last week and then we let ourselves down this week.

“We had 62 inside 50s. Our connection, our contest work inside 50 was poor. Our clearance work was poor.

“I’m angry, to be fair. As a footy club we’ve got to grow the f--- up to be perfectly honest. Excuse the language.

“We’ve been in this situation too many times and it’s up to me and the match committee to get our boys going.”

North Melbourne’s ferocity inspired their second win of the season which lifted them off the bottom of the ladder.

Harry Sheezel, Colby McKercher and Luke Davies-Uniacke hunted the ball to rack up disposals at will, while the Kangaroos’ desperation and physicality had spot fires breaking out around the ground throughout the second half.

The Suns were not up for the fight despite almost pinching the four points at the death and it led to a scathing post-match review by Hardwick.

“You put on a Suns jumper, you’ve got to play the game a certain way. You don’t get to pick or choose,” he said.

“At the moment, we’re not where we need to be and it’s reflective on me as a coach, us as an organisation so we’ve got to demand better.

“We still had 62 inside 50s, we still had 32 forward half turnovers. That is enough to win a game of football.”

On-field leadership was lacking with co-captains Jarrod Witts – missing due to a vertebrae fracture – and Touk Miller – subbed out with a wrist injury – not out there when the game was on the line.

Noah Anderson attempted to rally his teammates at three quarter time and got somewhat of a response as they won the last quarter.

But Hardwick lamented the lapses that happen all too often which are causing their finals hopes to slip through their fingers.

“This football side is better than they know,” he said.

“They’ve got to find a way. It happens at every club. At some stage you have to sit there and you have to grow up, and that’s my job to help them.

“I’m a part of it and I want to be a part of it, and I am dying for us to get there.”

16 more inside 50s as well. Badly need a good small forward THAT ACTUALLY KICKS GOALS

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I said it at the time, and I’ll drag out the receipts if I have to. If we were ever going to overpay a player to keep them, we should have done it with Rankine.

He was unequivocally not the player to draw the line in the sand with regarding overpaying. we won’t see a small forward of his calibre again for a long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 17 - North Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium - 6th July 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back