Preview Round 16 v Carlton MCG Sunday June 30th 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Martin playing?
Hard to say based of the press conference
Seems like they have him missing either this week or next week in Perth

Probably won’t know until tomorrow either way because it will just be the squad not the 23

I think we should debut both Blight and Gray this week. Probably have to push Balta forward, which opens a spot for Blight down back, and I think we should go a third tall up forward in place of Cumberland, and I've probably got Gray ahead of Bauer for that spot.

I think we should debut both Blight and Gray this week. Probably have to push Balta forward, which opens a spot for Blight down back, and I think we should go a third tall up forward in place of Cumberland, and I've probably got Gray ahead of Bauer for that spot.
If we want to lose by 100 moving Balta forward is a good option ...

Gray for Lynch and
Bauer for Cumberland
Hopper should replace a midfielder
Give Sonsie, Graham, Dow or MacAuliffe a full game at VFL (should give JGTI a month at VFL tbh)

Sounds a bit odd to me that Dusty can't play this week and next. That'd mean he only plays 2 games in 5 weeks
I'm not buying that blokes can't play off a six day break. I think the club is going to cleverly use it as a way of getting a few more games into kids in the last nine games while ensuring we stay near the bottom of the ladder.

Me when Curnow kicks his 10th and extends the lead to 120 points

Awkward The Boys GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's injured, just say it? And if he was injured and they didn't want to say it publicly, wouldn't they just say nah he won't play this week and should be right for Freo?
Post game interview, Jack asked if Martin will be ready to play against freo.

Perhaps we were always planning to rest him against Carlton

View attachment 2030672

Playing on the edge was a Dimma directive. Have a look how his current teams fairing.
It always pisses me off when free kick differential for Tigers is raised - bell ends like to say "what goes around comes around" - and "roundabouts and swings"....

Well Tigers have been sitting on the ****ing roundabout for more than 6 years now - when the **** do we get our go on the swings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the free kicks to McKay and Curnow are because the defenders are outmatched. If they don't infringe, McKay and Curnow would take the mark.

Look at Geelong blatantly hanging off Curnow's shoulders and biceps during contests. If teams didn't infringe Curnow would probably take 5+ contested marks per game (on good teams, probably more for North etc). It's actually smart play for the defenders to keep infringing and ripping his arms off because the umpires let a lot of them go. Rathern than 5-10 contested marks it ends up being 2-3 frees.
All big key forwards get the defenders hanging off them, we had two of them in Lynch and Riewoldt. Geelong had two of them in Hawkins and Cameron. Neither duo got anywhere near the free kicks from the umpires that your duo get. Hawkins did get away with shoving players in the back a lot I guess. They’re not defended any differently, they’re just for whatever reason, umpired differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back