Preview Round 16 v Carlton MCG Sunday June 30th 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing on the edge helped your mob win flags in recent times, can't see that changing
It's not the frees we give away. They're all there (pretty much). It's the ones we don't get. Amazingly, every single team somehow manages to give away less frees when they play us than they do against every other team.

Player habit, I wouldn't complain about that though

Many frees you give away is after an opposition player sights a loose teammate, you giving away a free to the disposer sets a tone for the next contest

I'd prefer we played more on that edge
Why? You get the most goals from free kicks by a country mile. Stay the course I'd say, it's winning you games.

'Playing on the edge' is a bullshit interpretation of our current plight anyway 'playing on the edge' was Dimma's way of saying he had us pushing boundaries like choking up on the mark to cut off easy outlets. They shut that down with the stand rule.

We in no way play with any edge atm. We just get almost every 50/50 decision that umpires let go for most teams called on us and it's whistles away when it goes the other way.

Why? You get the most goals from free kicks by a country mile. Stay the course I'd say, it's winning you games.

'Playing on the edge' is a bullshit interpretation of our current plight anyway 'playing on the edge' was Dimma's way of saying he had us pushing boundaries like choking up on the mark to cut off easy outlets. They shut that down with the stand rule.

We in no way play with any edge atm. We just get almost every 50/50 decision that umpires let go for most teams called on us and it's whistles away when it goes the other way.

We know umpiring is inconsistent, perhaps it stem from a mixture of undisplined act and bottom sides struggling to complete

Haven't checked the stats though with other bottom clubs from previous years

Most of the free kicks to McKay and Curnow are because the defenders are outmatched. If they don't infringe, McKay and Curnow would take the mark.

Look at Geelong blatantly hanging off Curnow's shoulders and biceps during contests. If teams didn't infringe Curnow would probably take 5+ contested marks per game (on good teams, probably more for North etc). It's actually smart play for the defenders to keep infringing and ripping his arms off because the umpires let a lot of them go. Rathern than 5-10 contested marks it ends up being 2-3 frees.

Player habit, I wouldn't complain about that though

Many frees you give away is after an opposition player sights a loose teammate, you giving away a free to the disposer sets a tone for the next contest

I'd prefer we played more on that edge
IMG_3426.gif

Most of the free kicks to McKay and Curnow are because the defenders are outmatched. If they don't infringe, McKay and Curnow would take the mark.

Look at Geelong blatantly hanging off Curnow's shoulders and biceps during contests. If teams didn't infringe Curnow would probably take 5+ contested marks per game (on good teams, probably more for North etc). It's actually smart play for the defenders to keep infringing and ripping his arms off because the umpires let a lot of them go. Rathern than 5-10 contested marks it ends up being 2-3 frees.
infringe lmao

most of the time its a soft free that insnt there

we all know you need afl and umpire help to break your duck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd fit Grey into the forward line somehow. He at least has size and athleticism and will have plenty of energy playing on the 'G in front of a big crowd. Nothing to lose. Maybe play Cumberland as sub if it doesn't work, forward for forward.
Not sure about this as he hasn't done enough to suggest giving him a game. Blight on the other hand what are they doing play him forward see what he can do might have something special there . F what do I know anyway.

You should be happy you're gonna get sucked off to a flag just like the pies.

We know umpiring is inconsistent, perhaps it stem from a mixture of undisplined act and bottom sides struggling to complete

Haven't checked the stats though with other bottom clubs from previous years
Free kick ladder 2019-2023, Richmond with 2 Premierships in that time, 18th with -331, the next 'worst' Hawks with -143. Western Bulldogs winning with +273. (Carlton 6th with +57).

Doesn't equate to any level on the ladder it seems.

Not sure about this as he hasn't done enough to suggest giving him a game. Blight on the other hand what are they doing play him forward see what he can do might have something special there . F what do I know anyway.
Could argue the same about Lefau. Grey is mobile and athletic and launches at the ball. The bigger ground and better kicks in the AFL would assist that. No backman like chasing around a tall mobile forward, of which we have been missing all year (although Lefau wasn't too bad in that respect).

games on sunday

fake team tonight

Liar Lies GIF by Megan Thee Stallion

Blight and Gray both making debut against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back