Game Day Round 15 - Fremantle @ Optus Stadium - 23rd June 2024 - 4:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

So do we keep playing young and get games under there belt for 2025 or do we bring in some old campaigners to carry some load who might be delisted end of 2024

I’m almost at the end of getting games into kids it’s been happening for 10 years let’s just pick the best team and play to win.

For instance Jack Lukosius has played 108 games and has 37 wins 1 draw and 70 losses

I’m almost at the end of getting games into kids it’s been happening for 10 years let’s just pick the best team and play to win.

For instance Jack Lukosius has played 108 games and has 37 wins 1 draw and 70 losses
Agree. Pick the best team with the best team makeup.

And it’s not like we are worried about the GC academy kids being poached after two seasons so we pay them big and force games into them to keep them… They’ll get there chance soon enough. Keep rotating them as needed.

Ben King has been ruled out for the trip to face the Dockers after sustaining a knee injury earlier this week.

The SUNS have opted for a no-risk approach, with the key forward expected to be available for the Round 16 match against Collingwood.

Inaugural SUN Sam Day has come into the squad in King’s place, named at full forward.

Co-captain Jarrod Witts returns in place of Ned Moyle in the ruck, while SUNS Academy product and Rising Star nominee Jake Rogers has also come back into the team.

Wil Powell has returned from suspension and has been named in the back pocket.

Coming out of the side alongside King and Moyle are Brayden Fiorini, Jed Walter and Nick Holman (all omitted).

On the extended interchange is David Swallow, Will Graham, Alex Sexton, Charlie Ballard, Brandon Ellis, Lloyd Johnston, Alex Davies and Hewago Oea.

The outs are mostly expected based on the last few games and King’s injury news.

The ins are interesting. No Rosas still, so that’s a watch. Clearly wanting to bring in speed with the other possible inclusions.

Hopefully we play quick,

LOngmuir has called out their stat padders Ryan and Clark.

Should be interesting if we put the pressure on, they drank their bath water last week

Strange forward line selections with King and Walter out but only day as a tall coming in. Jeffery forward maybe?

Strange forward line selections with King and Walter out but only day as a tall coming in. Jeffery forward maybe?
I think we may be going Dimma’s old school “mosquito fleet” style this week.

Holman and Walter out for players like Rogers, Johnston or Ace (all fast), plus Swallow who can still be a bit of a marking target.

I hope Ainsworth stays in the wing, as named. Might see him impact more.

Who is cut for the final squad will be interesting, for sure.

Quite an interesting team selection but don’t disagree with most of it. I guess this is the ultimate mozzie fleet with only Day and Luko forward, which out at Optus isnt the worst plan (although that key forward pairing is not kicking us a winning score). Hopefully it’s Johnston in and not Ellis.

Would love to see Graham on the wing rotation with Ainsworth and Clohesy, and Humphrey in the midfield rotation.

Although he hasn’t set the world on fire in the VFL, we need Rosas back. I think he plays up to the level and we just need his goal sense, plus his speed makes him a great pressure player.

Don’t think we get close in this one, so it will be interesting to see how a smaller (and hopefully more skilled) lineup goes. Hopefully Hardwick is right and we have used the bye to freshen up and hit the second half of the season running, instead of the usual crawling through to the end.

I think we may be going Dimma’s old school “mosquito fleet” style this week.

Holman and Walter out for players like Rogers, Johnston or Ace (all fast), plus Swallow who can still be a bit of a marking target.

I hope Ainsworth stays in the wing, as named. Might see him impact more.

Who is cut for the final squad will be interesting, for sure.
I have wanted us to go smaller for a long time to hopefully make us lower the eyes coming in and finding a lead up player. But surely day and luko aren't enough tall options, luko not a good 1v1 target and day just a role player, neither a real strong target. Maybe they will throw a curve ball and mac Andrew forward and chop out ruck.

I have wanted us to go smaller for a long time to hopefully make us lower the eyes coming in and finding a lead up player. But surely day and luko aren't enough tall options, luko not a good 1v1 target and day just a role player, neither a real strong target. Maybe they will throw a curve ball and mac Andrew forward and chop out ruck.
That would be ideal, Freo dont have anyone to match Mac in the forward line.

Ballard & Collins can take Treacy & Amiss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giving King another week to recover makes sense, and I guess I understand bringing in Powell after the suspension. Jed Walter needs time in the VFL to find form, he's not going to get form against Fremantle's backline. A little worried about a forward line of just Lukosius and Sam Day, hopefully Swallow can start and Humphrey can finally regain form. Not sure about the inclusion of Brandon Ellis, though at least his lack of speed is less of a concern against Freo's playstyle.

All in all while I'm excited to see the game in person, I am not at all confident about the game itself. Best case scenario is probably an honourable 72-53 loss.

Giving King another week to recover makes sense, and I guess I understand bringing in Powell after the suspension. Jed Walter needs time in the VFL to find form, he's not going to get form against Fremantle's backline. A little worried about a forward line of just Lukosius and Sam Day, hopefully Swallow can start and Humphrey can finally regain form. Not sure about the inclusion of Brandon Ellis, though at least his lack of speed is less of a concern against Freo's playstyle.

All in all while I'm excited to see the game in person, I am not at all confident about the game itself. Best case scenario is probably an honourable 72-53 loss.
We are well, well, well past honourable losses

The dogs won without Naughton & Darcy last week, im sure we've scouted the game to see what works. We don't have Bont but the dogs are filled with cloggers

Looking at the ladder we have an opportunity to jump ahead of wb, cats, freo, possibly port and sit maybe just slight percentage behind gws with a win. Also with a chance to be playing Collingwood next week for a spot in the top 4. Fair to say there's a bit on the line here!!

Looking at the ladder we have an opportunity to jump ahead of wb, cats, freo, possibly port and sit maybe just slight percentage behind gws with a win. Also with a chance to be playing Collingwood next week for a spot in the top 4. Fair to say there's a bit on the line here!!

We’ll bottle it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We had that opportunity against the bloody Saints of all teams as well and managed to sh*t the bed.

Just can’t see this forward line kicking any sort of score against one of the best defences in the league and their midfield will not allow our midfield to do as they please, so you can just about give them the win there. Add in our phobia of playing on the road and coming off a bye and I am not confident at all. A win here would be far and away our best in some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back